Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Nov 30th 2012 new

Probably because knowing that the sender will receive a notification that a message has been read it could be implied as an obligation to return the message, an obligation that the receiver may not wish to have placed on him/her.

Besides, if your messages aren't being returned, what purpose does it serve to know whether or not your message was read, except to motivate you to send a second (possibly) unwanted message to those who have read the first but chose not to reply?

theheart

Nov 30th 2012 new

Because it really doesn't make any difference in the long run.. There have been instances in the past (when we could see that information) that a sender has hounded the recipient with questions like.."Why did you read my message and not write me back?" And so on.. People can get ugly when they know they are being ignored..

Dec 2nd 2012 new

Still its best to atleast know----one could find them selves here hoping to recieve an answere ,which might never happen;And I think that is not right or fair for some us who really want to know if the person is for real or not??!!We could just be wasting our time here,hoping and waiting
for ever with no ending!This site should reconsider this matter and allow us singles to know if our messages are indeed being read or not.,period!!

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Hector-898563 said: Still its best to atleast know----one could find them selves here hoping to recieve an answere ,...
(Quote) Hector-898563 said:

Still its best to atleast know----one could find them selves here hoping to recieve an answere ,which might never happen;And I think that is not right or fair for some us who really want to know if the person is for real or not??!!We could just be wasting our time here,hoping and waiting
for ever with no ending!This site should reconsider this matter and allow us singles to know if our messages are indeed being read or not.,period!!

--hide--
If you don't get a reply in a reasonable period of time, it's best to move on. Continuing to dwell on something that isn't going to happen is counterproductive. If the person really wanted to contact you, she would become a paying member and be able to communicate with you freely. Considering CM as a business operation, it doesn't make sense to offer all services to everyone whether they pay or not. By having people be able to observe in the background, it gives them some incentive to join -- or not.

Even among paying members, responses are limited -- most likely due to lack of interest. You just have to tell yourself, "NEXT."

Dec 19th 2012 new

I'm finding that I don't get responses because I'm sending messages to "members" who are not paying for subscriptions. They can't even read the messages. Instead they are locating me on the free sites and following up with me there so I know that is the situation.

I've asked CM why they don't designate members who are eligible to send/receive messages vs. members who are not so that we would know if a person is even capable of reading a message before we take the time to send one. Unfortunately, CM did not respond to me. Maybe if they hear from more members they would consider making a simple change to this site to improve the overall experience for their paying customers.

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Amie-922461 said: I'm finding that I don't get responses because I'm sending messages to "members&q...
(Quote) Amie-922461 said:

I'm finding that I don't get responses because I'm sending messages to "members" who are not paying for subscriptions. They can't even read the messages. Instead they are locating me on the free sites and following up with me there so I know that is the situation.

I've asked CM why they don't designate members who are eligible to send/receive messages vs. members who are not so that we would know if a person is even capable of reading a message before we take the time to send one. Unfortunately, CM did not respond to me. Maybe if they hear from more members they would consider making a simple change to this site to improve the overall experience for their paying customers.

--hide--

www.catholicmatch.com

theheart

Dec 19th 2012 new

I have the url Victor. I wouldn't be able to post this if I didn't.

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Amie-922461 said: I have the url Victor. I wouldn't be able to post this if I didn't.
(Quote) Amie-922461 said:

I have the url Victor. I wouldn't be able to post this if I didn't.

--hide--

The link Victor posted is to another form post that answers your question. The forum software only displays the domain name portion of the hyperlink; the remainder can be seen by hovering the pointer over the link

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Hector-898563 said: "Still its best to atleast know----one could find them selves here hoping to recieve an answere ,which ...
(Quote) Hector-898563 said:

"Still its best to atleast know----one could find them selves here hoping to recieve an answere ,which might never happen;And I think that is not right or fair for some us who really want to know if the person is for real or not??!!We could just be wasting our time here,hoping and waiting

--hide--

Actually, Hector, if I may step in here, your question may not necessarily be best framed as to knowing whether someone is paying but whether someone is active. Ssome new tools have appeared on CM in recent months that are worth mentioning. They're worth mentioning:

Generally speaking,

* Most profiles show the degree to which a person has been active or not. If you're wanting to communicate with active people, look at how long someone has been accessing the site. I generally presume that someone who has been inactive for more than three weeks is going to be a higher risk for a reply than someone active within the week.

* All profiles give us all a sample of how active people are on the CM site. For example, people who generally may not be paying members will tend to access those items limited to them. Those who are paying members will show up as being active in the forums or chat rooms. Those who probably aren't paying members usually will have a long dash "---" on their profiles for site activity.

* None of these situations are ironclad rules. It is possible for a paying member to only want to access the polls. On the other hand, you may write someone who shows that she's active and participating on the site and doesn't reply. In a way, a non-reply is a reply, isn't it?

I'd also suggest you take some risks once in a while. It has happened that someone who wasn't a member received a wink from a paying member and re-joined.

Overall, I think these tools make the site a much better use for the dollar. Hope they help! :)

Posts 1 - 10 of 11