Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Many people have pictures of their pets in their profile pics. Their pet is obviously an important part of their life. I don't have pets and I'm allergic to dogs and cats. If you have pets, how important is it to you that your future spouse loves your pet? Is this a deal breaker? Is there any room to compromise? I would like to hear other people's thoughts about this...

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Lynette-852719 said: Many people have pictures of their pets in their profile pics. Their pet is obviously an import...
(Quote) Lynette-852719 said:

Many people have pictures of their pets in their profile pics. Their pet is obviously an important part of their life. I don't have pets and I'm allergic to dogs and cats. If you have pets, how important is it to you that your future spouse loves your pet? Is this a deal breaker? Is there any room to compromise? I would like to hear other people's thoughts about this...

--hide--

I am allergic to dogs and cats yet I have a house cat becasue I took in a cat from next door years ago who needed me as her owners were severaly neglecting her. She grew healthy and became a long haired cat- She is on my profile and She was beautiful.

Due to my allergies, I plan to not get another pet after I lose Tabitha. It is very hard because you become so bonded and so enjoy their companionship. Yet I have been craving the company of a dog again. So I don't know what will happen. I prefer to have my dogs outside. I like large dogs- I rescued a Labrador that I met on the street one day while waiting to go into a restaurant and had a wonderful experience with her. She is not currently shown on my profile. Then a puppy showed up at my house and I raised her until my ex boyfriend offered to adopt her. That was a match made in heaven for him. The puppy is on my profile.

Jan 4th 2013 new

I prefer an animal lover. If I were with someone with allergies- I would go with that priority ...and work it out.

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Lynette-852719 said: Many people have pictures of their pets in their profile pics. Their pet is obviously an import...
(Quote) Lynette-852719 said:

--hide--

Let's not invent reasons to disqualify a match.

There's plenty of room as long as neither of them is unreasonable about it.

Jan 5th 2013 new

I think it all depends on the reasons behind why one is/isn't an animal lover. My dad is an animal lover and my mom is not - not at all. They made some compromises - cats only, no dogs, cats can't sleep with them at night, etc, and have been very happily married for almost 28 years. Allergies are a big consideration as are prior experiences with certain animals. One of my friend's husband is allergic to cats, but he gets allergy shots so that he can live with two cats. I've been attacked several times by large dogs so I'm understandably very, very wary and uncomfortable around large dogs, so I would prefer not living with them.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5