Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Just curious what motivates people to emote/contact possible matches on CM. What do you look for? A nice picture? A specific location? Something in the profile? A person within a specific age range? What causes you to decide against contacting a person? Are there red flags that tell you to move on? Perhaps answers will help us improve our profiles!

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Just curious what motivates people to emote/contact possible matches on CM. What do you look fo...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Just curious what motivates people to emote/contact possible matches on CM. What do you look for? A nice picture? A specific location? Something in the profile? A person within a specific age range? What causes you to decide against contacting a person? Are there red flags that tell you to move on? Perhaps answers will help us improve our profiles!

--hide--

For me it is what they say about themselves and (sad but true) if I think that they are cute. But I know that I like funny guys who know how to be serious when the times calls for it and who love the Lord and the church. If someone's profile conveys that then I have been sending an emote. It still feels wierd though as it feels wierd to be making the first move. It also gives insight into the plight of men as the initiator in relationships. Making the first move is truly a vulnerable position.

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Just curious what motivates people to emote/contact possible matches on CM. What do you look fo...

--hide--

Hi Kristen! It's always a picture - just interesting enough to me to want to know more. Then, I check their age and marital status. I read their profile. I look to see if they have children and how they've answered the faith questions. I would decide against looking any further based on the aforementioned. With that said, I probably would not make first contact - although I've thought about it! The most I think I would do is look at their profile after they've looked at mine - I guess that is dropping a hankie, no?!?! Chelle

Jan 4th 2013 new

I never contact. I rely on telekinesis. That way if it's the one... we'll both know.

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Ed-442168 said: I never contact. I rely on telekinesis. That way if it's the one... we'll both know.
(Quote) Ed-442168 said:

I never contact. I rely on telekinesis. That way if it's the one... we'll both know.

--hide--

LOL. That was AWESOME. laughing

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Ed-442168 said: I never contact. I rely on telekinesis. That way if it's the one... we'll both know.
(Quote) Ed-442168 said:

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing

Jan 4th 2013 new

--hide--

Good topic, because I send out a lot of emotes! I have the following reasons:

1) I look through the recently added scrapbook photos on the main page. I notice that most of thye users tend to be within a reasonable distance from me, so when I see beautiful photos, that tells me the person in them is probably beautiful in their own right, as well. In this manner, I might send them an eomte, or msg, telling them their photos or beautiful, or that they seem full of life. If further interaction takes place, great!

2) I love to take interviews. I will take basically any guy's interview, and more often than not, there is an answer I wish to explain further. If I am also interested in getting to know this person, I might add a quip about a common interest in my message.

3) When I have new matches, or expand my search and have new results, the first thing I see of course is their photo. If their photo is full of life, or if they are otherwise attractive to me - a big smile helps, btw- I read on (there is no telling what I will find attractive, I don't have a type) I look to see:
a) if they've been recently active
b) if they adhere to all 7 teachings (I give some leeway here, though, disbelief does not always mean they will not practice it)
c) Good grammar! If the profile looks thrown together, lazy, or messy, it's a huge turn off.
d) A sense of adventure and a sense of humor; I like a traveler, someone who likes to try new things, and someone who isn't boring with their profile- throw in laugh here or there, and make me feel like we could have been friends growing up.

To decide against contacting a person:
Lazy/messy profile with bad grammar. A sense of nonchalance ("just lookin to see whats out there"). Someone who has no desire to see all life offers. If they say bad things about their family. If they have high demands, particularly physical ones ("a gorgeous, skinny, blonde who loves video games, will fix my car and can cook perfect stroganoff). And, though I do not decide solely on these matters, also: if they drink regularly, watch a lot of TV, are too much shorter than me, and if they sound like they don't take care of themselves. I may be overweight myself, but I am in pretty good shae for the shape I'm in, and if it looks like they can't so much as brush their teeth things won't work out.

Jan 4th 2013 new

The biggest turn off for me is bad grammar and spelling. Even if a guy seems interesting I can't get over the lack of care he's put into his profile.

When I do read through a profile I start with the About Me section and read through the entire profile. If something just hits me as "good" I'll take a look at the pictures and if I'm not grossed out (sorry but some pictures just need to be replaced) then I'll send an emotigram. What I'm looking for most is that I get a feel that a guy truly cares about his faith and wants to grow spiritually; that doesn't mean he's perfect, though, because I'm certainly not. Sometimes instead of sending an emotigram I'll take the quiz if there is one. After that I leave it in the guy's hands. If he doesn't contact me back...his loss.

Jan 4th 2013 new

I like to see if she really likes to think about what she believes. Basically is this someone that I will be able to share my faith with and make it a central aspect.

Other than that I really like it when they have an interest in something beyond themselves. Or just a hobby that isn't typical...knitting or something like that. Basically an interest that they could share with me and vice versa.

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-903200 said: I like to see if she really likes to think about what she believes. Basically is this someone th...
(Quote) Joseph-903200 said:

I like to see if she really likes to think about what she believes. Basically is this someone that I will be able to share my faith with and make it a central aspect.

Other than that I really like it when they have an interest in something beyond themselves. Or just a hobby that isn't typical...knitting or something like that. Basically an interest that they could share with me and vice versa.

--hide--

So are you saying that you like to knitt?

Posts 1 - 10 of 63