Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

1/5/12 Hobby Lobby Day

Jan 4th 2013 new

Hobby Lobby has taken a stand,based upon their religious principles, Hobby Lobby will be subject to paying a fine of 1.3 million a day because they refuse to provide abortions and the morning after pill as part of their health insurance. I hope you will join me TOMORROW, JANUARY 5, 2O13 and shop at Hobby Lobby even if you don't need anything at Hobby Lobby.

Everyone has talked about the moral and religious issues with the HHS mandate, but Hobby Lobby is willing to pay a huge price to take a stand which will have long term implications for religious freedom in American.

Below is some information I copied from thebrennerbrief.com<.

- Elizabeth

Dubbed Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day, everyone is encouraged to shop Hobby Lobby on Saturday either at a store near you or on Hobby Lobby’s website.

The Facebook event says:

The plan:
On Saturday, January 5th, all Americans who value freedom of religion and oppose the HHS Mandate’s unfair impositions upon religious individuals and corporate entities are called upon to show their support for Hobby Lobby by shopping either at their local retail Hobby Lobby store or online.

PLEASE SHARE THIS EVENT WIDELY!

The story until now:
• September 12, 2012: Hobby Lobby files suit against Kathleen Sabelius and the US Department of Health and Human Services in US District Court for Western District of Oklahoma. They are represented by the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty.
• November 19, 2012: District Judge Joe Heaton rules that privately owned companies such as Hobby Lobby are not exempt from the HHS Mandate on religious grounds because these enterprises do not possess the same religious rights as individuals and religious organizations do.
• December 20, 2012: The US Court of Appeals in Denver rules against Hobby Lobby on the same grounds as the lower court; the Green family vows to appeal to the US Supreme Court.
• December 26, 2012: Justice Sonia Sotomayor rejects an emergency request for injunction that would allow Hobby Lobby temporary exemption from the HHS Mandate pending the hearing of their full case before the high court.
• December 27, 2012: Hobby Lobby’s attorneys announce that the chain plans to defy the Mandate which will take effect January 1st, potentially costing the chain (which employs 13,000) hundreds of millions of dollars in fines by the time their case is finally decided.

You may respond on the Facebook event, or just visit a local Hobby Lobby store on your own.

This is an inspiring story of what conservatives can do when we band together and stand up for our principles and beliefs! Please support Hobby Lobby on Saturday to demonstrate your appreciation for their taking the lead in this fight against ObamaCare‘s repressive, anti-religious mandates.

Please share this with your friends, family, neighbors, associates and within your social media circles so that people know about Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day and attend, even if they do not connect with the Facebook event. Together, we can help make an impact and support Hobby Lobby’s decision to stand up for its religious freedoms.

Jan 4th 2013 new
Thanks for reminding everyone, Elizabeth!

The Green's are fighting for US, not just themselves!

Mike Huckabee Promotes Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day Jan. 5 to Fight HHS Mandate

global.christianpost.com
Jan 4th 2013 new
Here's a 40% off coupon which is valid through tomorrow -

www.hobbylobby.com
Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Here's a 40% off coupon which is valid through tomorrow - www.hobbylobby.com.
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Here's a 40% off coupon which is valid through tomorrow -

www.hobbylobby.com
--hide--

You can also show the coupon on the app on your smartphone. biggrin

Jan 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Here's a 40% off coupon which is valid through tomorrow - ...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Here's a 40% off coupon which is valid through tomorrow -

www.hobbylobby.com

You can also show the coupon on the app on your smartphone.

--hide--
I only know how to use a dumb phone. I'm so behind the times. embarassed
Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: You can also show the coupon on the app on your smartphone.
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

You can also show the coupon on the app on your smartphone.

--hide--

Let's hope there is a crowd today. I am concerned that more has not been said about this.

- Elizabeth

Jan 5th 2013 new

I'll go buy there some time today.

Jan 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Let's hope there is a crowd today. I am concerned that more has not been said abou...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Let's hope there is a crowd today. I am concerned that more has not been said about this.

- Elizabeth

--hide--
Come on folks. Show your support for religious freedom!

Please post the above info on your Fb and buy a little something on-line or at a Hobby Lobby store today!

www.facebook.com
Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Come on folks. Show your support for religious freedom! Please post the above info on your Fb an...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Come on folks. Show your support for religious freedom!

Please post the above info on your Fb and buy a little something on-line or at a Hobby Lobby store today!

www.facebook.com
--hide--

Just don't get sucked into reading the comments on the wall.

Goodness gracious.

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Hobby Lobby has taken a stand,based upon their religious principles, Hobby Lobby will be subj...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Hobby Lobby has taken a stand,based upon their religious principles, Hobby Lobby will be subject to paying a fine of 1.3 million a day because they refuse to provide abortions and the morning after pill as part of their health insurance. I hope you will join me TOMORROW, JANUARY 5, 2O13 and shop at Hobby Lobby even if you don't need anything at Hobby Lobby.

Everyone has talked about the moral and religious issues with the HHS mandate, but Hobby Lobby is willing to pay a huge price to take a stand which will have long term implications for religious freedom in American.

Below is some information I copied from thebrennerbrief.com<.

- Elizabeth

Dubbed Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day, everyone is encouraged to shop Hobby Lobby on Saturday either at a store near you or on Hobby Lobby’s website.

The Facebook event says:

The plan:
On Saturday, January 5th, all Americans who value freedom of religion and oppose the HHS Mandate’s unfair impositions upon religious individuals and corporate entities are called upon to show their support for Hobby Lobby by shopping either at their local retail Hobby Lobby store or online.

PLEASE SHARE THIS EVENT WIDELY!

The story until now:
• September 12, 2012: Hobby Lobby files suit against Kathleen Sabelius and the US Department of Health and Human Services in US District Court for Western District of Oklahoma. They are represented by the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty.
• November 19, 2012: District Judge Joe Heaton rules that privately owned companies such as Hobby Lobby are not exempt from the HHS Mandate on religious grounds because these enterprises do not possess the same religious rights as individuals and religious organizations do.
• December 20, 2012: The US Court of Appeals in Denver rules against Hobby Lobby on the same grounds as the lower court; the Green family vows to appeal to the US Supreme Court.
• December 26, 2012: Justice Sonia Sotomayor rejects an emergency request for injunction that would allow Hobby Lobby temporary exemption from the HHS Mandate pending the hearing of their full case before the high court.
• December 27, 2012: Hobby Lobby’s attorneys announce that the chain plans to defy the Mandate which will take effect January 1st, potentially costing the chain (which employs 13,000) hundreds of millions of dollars in fines by the time their case is finally decided.

You may respond on the Facebook event, or just visit a local Hobby Lobby store on your own.

This is an inspiring story of what conservatives can do when we band together and stand up for our principles and beliefs! Please support Hobby Lobby on Saturday to demonstrate your appreciation for their taking the lead in this fight against ObamaCare‘s repressive, anti-religious mandates.

Please share this with your friends, family, neighbors, associates and within your social media circles so that people know about Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day and attend, even if they do not connect with the Facebook event. Together, we can help make an impact and support Hobby Lobby’s decision to stand up for its religious freedoms.

--hide--

My sister and I went. I typically don't go to Hobby Lobby on a Saturday evening, but it seemed to be a little crowded for a Saturday evening! I ran into 2 former colleagues of mine. I was texting friends to spread the word since every bit counts. I asked the cashier if things had been busy today, and she said yeah. biggrin

Posts 1 - 10 of 11