Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I need a 'smart' phone asap. My other 'semismart' phone broke, and I am down to a flip phone. People are laughing at me in the streets.

Any phone advise out there? What do you have and why? What are your favorite aps?
Thanks!!!

01/04/2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: I need a 'smart' phone asap. My other 'semismart' phone broke, and I am down to a...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

I need a 'smart' phone asap. My other 'semismart' phone broke, and I am down to a flip phone. People are laughing at me in the streets.

Any phone advise out there? What do you have and why? What are your favorite aps?
Thanks!!!

--hide--
I'm a true believer in the Church of Mac, so if I was in the market for one of those infernal contraptions, it would be an iPhone. Most of my friends and relly's love theirs. Being a dyed-in-the-wool curmudgeon, I'll stick to my no-monthly-payment, no-internet dumb Tracfone.

I hope you'll get some useful and informative responses too!

Now if you really want to be in style...

www.yubz.com

01/04/2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: I need a 'smart' phone asap. My other 'semismart' phone broke, and I am down to a...

Thanks!!!

--hide--

Laura: I can only say, that if you get an Iphone, you have to make sure you download all the stuff you have on it.
My cousin just lost hers, and she is really up a creek. She had lots of pictures, and also lots of work information on it.

I feel so bad because she lost it on Christmas Eve leaving an event I invited them to.

01/05/2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Laura: I can only say, that if you get an Iphone, you have to make sure you download a...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Laura: I can only say, that if you get an Iphone, you have to make sure you download all the stuff you have on it.
My cousin just lost hers, and she is really up a creek. She had lots of pictures, and also lots of work information on it.

I feel so bad because she lost it on Christmas Eve leaving an event I invited them to.

--hide--

Oh no, well if someone else you know has an iphone, there is an ap to find other lost or stolen iphones...it will take you right to the phone apparently.

It is possible someone may return it. I have returned lost phones and wallets etc. I called numbers in the phone or returned them to the police department, security guards etc. Hope she tried these options and didn't just assume someone stole it. Good luck to your cousin!

01/05/2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Laura: I can only say, that if you get an Iphone, you have to make sure you download a...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

--hide--

Oh no, well if someone else you know has an iphone, there is an ap to find other lost or stolen iphones...it will take you right to the phone apparently.

It is possible someone may return it. I have returned lost phones and wallets etc. I called numbers in the phone or returned them to the police department, security guards etc. Hope she tried these options and didn't just assume someone stole it. Good luck to your cousin!

01/05/2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Oh no, well if someone else you know has an iphone, there is an ap to find other lost or ...

--hide--

I think you have to pay to have the app that helps you find your phone. Even if you know the location of your phone, it
may be in an apartment house, so it is harder to find.

I have to find out if she had any luck with her phone. She lost it getting out of the train, because it was on her lap. Someone
may turn it in. I hope so.

Thank you for the information you supplied, though.

01/06/2013 new

Thanks!!!

--hide--

afarian.com

01/06/2013 new

(Quote) ed-925050 said: afarian.com
(Quote) ed-925050 said:

afarian.com

--hide--

Oh thanks for that...didn't know android had gotten so big. I think I have skewed perception living so close to silicon valley..almost everyone I know has an iphone. I think I will go with Nexus4 if I can get my hands on one...totally sold out still.

01/08/2013 new

And if that wasn't enough, this should seal the deal....

www.wired.com

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Oh thanks for that...didn't know android had gotten so big. I think I have skewed percept...

Oh thanks for that...didn't know android had gotten so big. I think I have skewed perception living so close to silicon valley..

--hide--

Posts 1 - 10 of 10