Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 5th 2013 new

Is there some reason you think that men don't have cats too?

Jan 5th 2013 new

No problem for me -- I (we, as in three daughters), have two of 'em -- the latest in a line of succession that goes back about 25 years (you should see the upholstered furniture in my house!). And, to think I was a dog person growing up.

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Is there some reason you think that men don't have cats too?
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

--hide--

Hi Donna, no men have cats....but sometimes that makes it worse. Brining two kitties into a home together could be a disaster. Also many people have allergies. A friend of mine adopted 2 cats and bought a house near a womens college, and would always do his laundry at a laundry mat to meet a girl. He finally met a girl and they got married, but she didn't like the cats. He had to give them up to a shelter and it was really sad for him.

Just so many people I know have allergies. My house is really small, I know if that situation was to come up, I would have to sell my house for a bigger one and partition off the section with the cat. There is no way I would give up my cat:o)

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Vincent-921622 said: No problem but my dogs eat cats
(Quote) Vincent-921622 said: No problem but my dogs eat cats
--hide--

Strange my CAT EATs dogs and hunts them in the street biggrin

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: (Quote) Donna-83441 said: Is there some reason you think that men don'...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Quote:
Donna-83441 said:

Hi Donna, no men have cats....but sometimes that makes it worse. Brining two kitties into a home together could be a disaster. Also many people have allergies. A friend of mine adopted 2 cats and bought a house near a womens college, and would always do his laundry at a laundry mat to meet a girl. He finally met a girl and they got married, but she didn't like the cats. He had to give them up to a shelter and it was really sad for him.

Just so many people I know have allergies. My house is really small, I know if that situation was to come up, I would have to sell my house for a bigger one and partition off the section with the cat. There is no way I would give up my cat:o)

--hide--

Can't speak for other men but I have a cat because it reminds me of the perfect woma. Loyal, loving, feminine, erotic, maternal and will fight against all odds to keep whats hers.

Oh I am allergic to cats but have had one since I was 4. My Dad gave him to me a big farm bred long hair. The cat gave me allergies, and when my parents tried to take him away I threw a real 4 year old tantrum, so they took me to the doctor and he gave me anti histamines. Taken them ever since, rather have the allergies than loose my cat. Even at Varsity had a new cat every year, would bring the cat home at years end and leave it with my parents when I return to Varsity, where I got another cat from the SPCA and took it home at the end of the year. We had 6 cats after I graduated. crazy New Zealand

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Roystan-340472 said: Because, for some reason, dogs, guinea pigs, caimans and gavals, pythons, spider monkeys and ot...
(Quote) Roystan-340472 said:

Because, for some reason, dogs, guinea pigs, caimans and gavals, pythons, spider monkeys and other assorted household pets never seem to be called Mephistopheles, only the quadruped with devil slits for pupils?

--hide--

I had a cat called Patthe..... if that helps

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Mark-495813 said: Cats are great to have around the house but you cant go play fetch and wrestle with a cat, well ma...
(Quote) Mark-495813 said:

Cats are great to have around the house but you cant go play fetch and wrestle with a cat, well maybe a Tiger...

--hide--

My cat likes to play fetch, but he has to be the one to initiate it. If I'm in the bathroom getting ready for work or bed he'll run into the room, drop a toy mouse on the rug, and then run right back out so I can throw the mouse to him. He doesn't do this now as much as he did when he kitten, but he still loves to fetch!

And, he also likes to wrestle, but that is a little too scary for my taste. If you hold out your arm to him he'll get a very wild look on his face and then go in for the kill. He'll latch on your arm kicking and biting, all in good fun for him, of course. I think a falconry glove would be a good investment to avoid injury for me!

Jan 11th 2013 new

Cats are into everything, they aren't loyal, and are selfish. I don't mind playing with them once in awhile, but I could never own a cat, because of those reasons. I don't believe animals should be roaming in the house to begin with, especially if one of the people who has allergies.

Jan 11th 2013 new

While cats are great, their number must be within reason: in Wellington, KS, as of January 1st, residents are limited to only four cats per household. A weighty matter indeed! tongue

Jan 11th 2013 new

Thank you Dale.

Cats are vey loving. biggrin

Just like all animals they know if they are accepted,and that makes a difference on how they react to you.

Posts 61 - 70 of 98