Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

When I try to upload a pic for my profile pic but it has others in it, I can't figure out how to use the cropping tool. Please help.

12/19/2012 new

Sorry, I don't know how it works, but since it prompted me to take a look, did you all know that there are rules for our pictures? here they are:

Tips & Requirements

Upload the largest photo available - you can crop the photo after it is uploaded. Your Profile Photo must be a recent head shot of yourself only. Your Profile Photo will be cropped similar to the photo shown above. Photos with pets, children, family, etc. can be uploaded into albums. Maximum file size is 4 megabytes. It must be a clear, color photo of yourself to provide a recognizable image of you. Sunglasses not allowed.

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Sorry, I don't know how it works, but since it prompted me to take a look, did you all know that ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Sorry, I don't know how it works, but since it prompted me to take a look, did you all know that there are rules for our pictures? here they are:

Tips & Requirements

Upload the largest photo available - you can crop the photo after it is uploaded. Your Profile Photo must be a recent head shot of yourself only. Your Profile Photo will be cropped similar to the photo shown above. Photos with pets, children, family, etc. can be uploaded into albums. Maximum file size is 4 megabytes. It must be a clear, color photo of yourself to provide a recognizable image of you. Sunglasses not allowed.

Hmm, guess alot of pictures don't comply with all that!

--hide--

I think there was a part where it said photo should be you facing forward not side taken pictures or something like that.

01/02/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Sorry, I don't know how it works, but since it prompted me to take a look, did you all know that ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Tips & Requirements

--hide--

I just posted a similar reply to another topic regarding an edited version of a photo taken of me. However, it uploaded the original photo with my friend being in the picture. I was trying to make it a profile photo of just myself with the edited version. So, I don't know where I'm making the mistake.

01/02/2013 new

My current profile picture was taken by my daughter on her iphone and had my two youngest daughters in it also but I was able to crop it on this site after I uploaded it! Weird how it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't! Thank you everyone for your help :)

01/04/2013 new

I think the cropping tool is only for one face pictures. I think you will have to use some other program (picture manager in windows or something) to crop of the others.

01/05/2013 new

I cropped mine on my computer first, then uploaded the photo. If you have Microsoft Office, you will also have Microsoft Office Picture Manager (click Start, All Programs, select the Microsoft Office folder, then the Microsoft Office Tools folder - it wikll be in there). Once you open your photo in Microsoft Office Picture Manager, click Picture from the menu bar, then Crop.

Posts 1 - 7 of 7