Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Jan 5th 2013 new

Dear Tom,

oh no, what you went through is so serious. my little MRI is nothing compared to what you went through. I am so glad you had the test done so the doctors would find the tumor to remove it. That test saved your life!

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: Dear Tom, oh no, what you went through is so serious. my little MRI is nothing compare...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

Dear Tom,

oh no, what you went through is so serious. my little MRI is nothing compared to what you went through. I am so glad you had the test done so the doctors would find the tumor to remove it. That test saved your life!

--hide--

Good luck with the MRI Connie! I had that done last January...I was a bit scared...I just tried to focus on the rythum of the tick sounds, for some reason that helped me. It won't take long, just relax and listen to the technician.
-
PS if it is an ear situation, you might try Ginko, just a thought...sounds like things are already getting better for you though...nature has many things to offer us to help us heal. Good luck:o)

Jan 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: This technique may work in addition to the other suggestions. Do not look in the room prior to the test. Not even...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: This technique may work in addition to the other suggestions. Do not look in the room prior to the test. Not even a slight peek! Have the tech(s) walk you in the room backwards with your eyes closed. Do NOT open your eyes to peek...ever! Let them gently guide you to the table and to lay down! Keep your eyes completely closed. Again, do not peek...ever...during the test. You might be surprised how EASY it is if you don't see the equipment right up against your face!!!

Bring your favorite music or a comforting CD of the rosary. Say the rosary and offer it up.

Another thought. You might consider consulting with an otolaryngologist or neuro-otolgist who specializes in tinnitus.

It will be alright. It may go much easier than you think.
--hide--
I tested this method out myself. Although I'm not claustrophobic, that test can sure can turn you into one. laughing

The bottom line is, if you don't see the equipment enclosing your face, in your mind, it isn't there. It worked beautifully...no sedatives either! Have confidence and peace that this trick has worked for others. But remember, no peeking at the room/equipment prior to entering. Have covering over your eyes PLUS keep them closed at all times to ensure you don't inadvertently see anything. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me.
Jan 5th 2013 new

Prayers offered for comfort and health.

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: Dear Tom, oh no, what you went through is so serious. my little MRI is nothing compare...

Dear Tom,

--hide--
Oh, hey Connie...something else. Really listen to what others tell you, it works. For instance, when I was undergoing those colostomy's I had to drink a gallon of this awful stuff called Trilyte, which was way worse than getting the exam done. But, I Googled "How to drink Triylite" and, behold, the power of American ingenuity raised to the surface. I was just amazed at the concoctions my innovative countrymen and women were putting on the Internet, smiling at that American Spirit of trial and error being shared by elements of society with a common concern. Out if it, I just decided to lick some salt, bite a lime, and slug down 8 ounce shots, repeating this little formula each time until I drank the whole gallon over 8 hours.

It works: listen to what people tell you. Americans are geniuses at this stuff.

Good luck to you.

Jan 5th 2013 new

Praying

Jan 5th 2013 new

Praying

Jan 5th 2013 new

Connie, ask for a sedative and have someone take you. I would take you if you lived around here. I am alone and I cannot have my colonoscopy because I have no one to take me or bring me home. My sister who offered, will be having cancer surgery in late February with a long recovery, maybe in the summer.

I will pray that you will get medication before your surgery and that someone can take you.

Jan 5th 2013 new

Sorry, I don't have any tips for you Connie, just prayers Praying and remember "Jesus I trust in You!" theheart

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: just seconds before my Irodotomy lasar eye test was to begin, I backed out for fear of losing my ...

just seconds before my Irodotomy lasar eye test was to begin, I backed out for fear of losing my eyesight. the doctor reassured me that only a few out of millions actually do lose their eyesight during this test so then I elected to have it done. I was so nervous though. beams of laser light were sent into each eye to make drainage holes to help my narrowing angles. It worked. I haven't gone blind or had an attack of that kind ever. I put all my trust in my opthamologist and in God and both came through for me.

I am going to buy an eye covering tomorrow, lavender scent which is calming in itself. thanks for the tips.

--hide--

it's all about having faith...I remember the last couple of times I prayed the entire time I was freaking out (anyone who has had a closed MRI knows what I'm talking about). thanks again for your support and ideas to get me thru this one.

Posts 41 - 50 of 59