Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Jan 5th 2013 new

[quote]Connie-17641 said:

I feel badly for making this a big deal when there are more serious illnesses with family members here on CM.
I will pray for all your families and issues you may be experiencing concerning your health.

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-179089 said: Connie,As a person who's had 8 or 9 (I lost count after 5!) MRI's for a neurologi...
(Quote) Brian-179089 said:

Connie,

As a person who's had 8 or 9 (I lost count after 5!) MRI's for a neurological condition, and still is EXTREMELY claustrophobic, there's hope! (I hate trying to find something under my bed, and having to crawl under it to get the item - makes me panic!) Just pray for God to fill your heart with courage, and have confidence in your doctors, nurses, and technicians...that the Holy Spirit will impart guidance and Holy Wisdom upon them and their care for you.

In a nutshell, I had a spinal/neurological condition, and it's side effects were affecting my daily life. I met with my family physician, and learned that if I had elective neurosurgery, there was a 5-10% chance of being paralyzed from the waist down. You'd better believe I did some serious soul-searching and praying.....and I came to a beautiful realization, after much agony and many sleepless nights. Even if I ended up in a wheelchair, or with limited functions, I still would have the same personality, the same love for God and His Catholic Church. I could still work, still lead a fairly normal life, still love and be loved, still play my music, my musical instruments.....not taking the risk outweighed the benefits. So I took the risk, had the surgery.....and even as my I.V was being prepped, I prayed for my doctors, nurses, and surgeons. I had total faith that in whatever God would do, He had the ultimate healing and Divine Plan for my life. It wasn't easy to turn total control over to my Creator - every fiber in my body begged to run out the door. But I prayed and meditated, and envisioned a healthy me, in the near future.

After 5 hours in surgery, a few weeks of numbing migranes, and several months of rehab, I was "good as new" with about 90% improvement. I still have to watch my health, diet, keep up with my excersise, and, of course, keep my spiritual health in balance! Hold fast to your Faith, Connie....trust in the Lord, and whatever His plans are for you and your health. Take time to meditate on the sorrows of Jesus' Death and Crucifixion....offer you pains and medical hurting in solidarity with our Savior as you carry your cross with Our Lord on that Good Friday. In your agony, recall His Agony in the Garden, and in your pain, hold Jesus in your heart and mind as He walks through those crowded streets, with the crown of thorns on His brow, under the weight of our sins.

You are in my prayers...keep us all updated! The Blessings of the Newborn Christ be with you, and a happy, healthy 2013 be yours!

Brian

--hide--
thank you Brian for sharing your life experiences with us. I am so happy that your surgery turned out great. God is in control of us, that is for sure.

Jan 5th 2013 new

Praying Praying Praying My prayers are with you Connie

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Connie, we are all anxious to hear how you did and the results. Isn't it wonderful to hav...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Connie, we are all anxious to hear how you did and the results. Isn't it wonderful to have such a wonderful bunch of Catholics praying for you?

- Elizabeth

--hide--
yes it is and thank you all very much. the date is set for next Sat. Jan. 12th. I'll let you know what happens.

Jan 5th 2013 new

Praying God bless..

Jan 6th 2013 new

You are very creative to come up with a solution to drinking that stuff. I've heard how awful it is to get down. One woman at the cleveland clinic told me she was given pills instead since the liquid solution woudn't stay down. It didn't do it's job as well though so she had to go back to remove the polyps. She told her doctor forget it...once was enough. Thumbs up to you for going through with it.

Feb 8th 2013 new

Update: I am alive and well. the MRI came out clean as a whistle! My tinnetus is almost gone as well. I take vitamin B12, 2000 mg. a day, time released and use ocean nasal spray daily. whohoo, I feel like a brand new woman!

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: Update: I am alive and well. the MRI came out clean as a whistle! My tinnetus is almost gone as w...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

Update: I am alive and well. the MRI came out clean as a whistle! My tinnetus is almost gone as well. I take vitamin B12, 2000 mg. a day, time released and use ocean nasal spray daily. whohoo, I feel like a brand new woman!

--hide--

Praise God... I am so happy you are feeling better and you gave us a good report... May God continue to use you and bless you ...
B 12 is also given in injection form if you need more... Sometimes it is hard to absorb ... Continued health to you ... and all of us .

Praying rosary theheart hug

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: Since my accident in the school cafeteria two years ago, I've been dealing with tinnitis (sp)...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

Since my accident in the school cafeteria two years ago, I've been dealing with tinnitis (sp). at first it was an extremely loud banging noise which kept me up all night for months but for the past year has decreased to a low constant ringing which I can control by using the vitamin B 12. I get extremely dizzy during the day at work and the noise in the cafe is unbearable at times. I started using xanax, a very low dose to ease my anxiety with the noise and to calm my nerves. It worked but made me almost fall asleep while teaching the kids math in the afternoon. I changed doctors last week. this new one told me he wants me to eventually get off the xanax, even though I take the lowest dose out there plus only half a pill at night. He put me on Buspar, a low dose. this drug is supposed to help the dizziness and ease the anxiety. Here it is 5 A.M and I am still awake. It doesn't help with sleeping.

I am worried about having an MRI on my brain because I am extremely claustrophobic. I have had the closed, the open and the sit up types. The only type I can do is the stand up MRI but this doctor said they don't do them on the brain. I wonder why. A co worker friend has had this type of MRI done before. She told me they give you a liquid valium to drink before the test. My doctor told me to take two xanax before the test so I will probably sleep through it. I am nervous about going but need to do it to see if any damage was done to my brain at the time of the accident. My mom told me not to worry about a brain tumor because the brain heals itself in time. I have another co worker friend who in fact did have a brain tumor that was operated on. lucky him because most types are non operative and most people die from them...like my dad.

the rule of thumb is...is that you are never to hit your head. I'm not worried about having a brain tumor. I am worried about having that MRI. so, I am asking for many prayers to get me thru the tests and for healing of the annoying tinnitus.

--hide--

Don't worry about the MRI! It's one of the safest tests......far, far safer than an X-Ray.

We pray for healing for the tinnitus.

Posts 51 - 59 of 59