Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Saint of the Year

Jan 6th 2013 new

Hey y'all,

I found this Saint Name Generator on Conversion Diary blog and thought I'd pass it along. It may be a good way to learn about the saints we don't commonly hear of or just to start a new devotion. If you like, see what saint you get and post a bit about them in the forum.

www.conversiondiary.com

My Saint:

St. Catherine of Bologna

Feast
: March 9

Patronage: Against Temptations; Art; Artists; Liberal Arts; Painters

Jan 6th 2013 new
St. John the Apostle

Feast: December 27

Patronage: Against Poisoning; Art Dealers; Booksellers; Burn Victims; Editors; Friendships; Painters; Printers; Publishers; Theologians; Writers
Jan 6th 2013 new
This is so cool!!! Mine came up as St. Peter Ou. He was a husband and one of the martyrs of China. I'm going to share this link with people. Thanks Christina!!!
Jan 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Christina-339748 said: Hey y'all, I found this Saint Name Generator on Conversion Diary blog and thought I&...
(Quote) Christina-339748 said:

Hey y'all,

I found this Saint Name Generator on Conversion Diary blog and thought I'd pass it along. It may be a good way to learn about the saints we don't commonly hear of or just to start a new devotion. If you like, see what saint you get and post a bit about them in the forum.

www.conversiondiary.com

My Saint:

St. Catherine of Bologna

Feast

--hide--
Love your post, Christina!

I used to print and cut little slips of paper containing Companion Saints of the Year (with a prayer mission attached) at our Marian prayer group. 174-143-240-68.static.cloud-ips.com

174-143-240-68.static.cloud-ips.com

Thank you for sharing this electronic format!
Jan 6th 2013 new

Hi Christina, wave

This is way to cool. I did as requested and prayed before I asked for my Saint. Thanks for sharing.

My Saint is, St. Joan of Arc

Feast day....May 30th

Patronage: Captives; Martyrs; People ridiculed for their piety; Prisoners; Soldiers; Women's Army Corps

Jan 6th 2013 new

Thanks for participating so far. I'm glad everyone is enjoying it!

biggrin theheart

Jan 6th 2013 new

Thanks, Christina, this was interesting. It seems the Saint found ME!

St. John Vianney, August 4th Feast Day. Patron Saint of : Priests and Confessors.

He was a 3rd Order Franciscan, and since my birthday is on the Feast of St. Francis, this is a cool coincidence.

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Christina-339748 said: Hey y'all, I found this Saint Name Generator on Conversion Diary blog and thou...

Hey y'all,

www.conversiondiary.com

My Saint:

St. Catherine of Bologna

Feast

--hide--

i have been doing this the past couple of years. I learned about some pretty obscure saints this way. I did it the other day and got St. Zita.

Jan 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Christina-339748 said: Hey y'all, I found this Saint Name Generator on Conversion Diary blog and thought I&...

Hey y'all,

www.conversiondiary.com

My Saint:

St. Catherine of Bologna

Feast

--hide--

Great post Christina!

wave

Here's mine:

St. Radegunde

Feast: August 13

Patronage: Difficult Marriages; Drowning; Fever; Leprosy; Loss of Parents; Potters; Scabies; Scabs; Ulcers; Weavers
Jan 8th 2013 new

Thank you, Christina.

I've been struggling today and feeling a bit sorry for myself, so I was pretty anxious to try this. I prayed before my second click and it came up with St. Elizabeth of Portugal, patronage: against jealousy. It has recently been one of those areas I need to work on. I will pray for help from my saint.

Thank you for sharing this. I hope it's not too late for me to make amends.

Kathy

Posts 1 - 10 of 14