Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

music

Jan 5th 2013 new

Hi there everyone,

I hope all of you had a good christmas and New Year's. Didn't make any resolutions because within 3 days I'll brake'em all. Not sure if I belong in this room or not so I will pose here and see what happens.

I'm just sitting and listening to slacker personal radio...I have a question do any of you listen to the radio or slacker or Iheart and you hear that one songs makes you want to tear or brings back memories. I've been starting to get that way here recently.

take care,

Ben

Jan 6th 2013 new
Hi Ben, I hear you loud and clear. Yes it happens to me. It part of the grieving process. Accept it for what it is and don't let it get you down. It's a beautiful world out there :) Maria
Jan 6th 2013 new

Ben, I agree with Maria to a certain extent. However, it is my contention that there's a bit more to it. Music, of any genre, should evoke some sort of emotion. Anything short of this is merely noise. An emotion, be it love, disdain, anxiety, whatever, is often 'amplified' by our own state of mind at the time. It can be a very rewarding experience. Roll with it.

Jan 6th 2013 new

Ben, I agree with Maria to a certain extent. However, it is my contention that there's a bit more to it. Music, of any genre, should evoke some sort of emotion. Anything short of this is merely noise. An emotion, be it love, disdain, anxiety, whatever, is often 'amplified' by our own state of mind at the time. It can be a very rewarding experience. Roll with it.

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Donnie-397050 said: Ben, I agree with Maria to a certain extent. However, it is my contention that there's a bit...
(Quote) Donnie-397050 said:

--hide--
Ben,

I think Donnie is right. I think that is the magic of music...how it brings back memories of that first date, high school, disco dancing LOL! That
does date me, the BeeGees, Rock n Roll. Whether it is happy or contemplative memories, they are all good. Go with the flow. I was listening
to Kenny Chesney's new album (now it is of course called a CD) and someone said, "Doesn't that make you sad?" The song was about a son
and his Dad and he was getting dementia. The son said that he was going to go home and hug and love on his Dad while he could still
remember. That is life and I want to soak up every minute of it!

Eileen

Jan 8th 2013 new

Not strange at all, Ben. I used to be a girl who watched all those romantic movies (chick flicks) but I just can't anymore. I did sit down and watch "Return to Me" the other day and was able to love that film again, but "Titanic" will be donated to Goodwill at this point. No way. Well, that and the fact that I'm not in high school and obsessed with singing like Celine Dion anymore, LOL! My letter jacket is too big for me now, and I'm too big for that movie! (For some reason I was issued a 3X way back when. I have no idea what that was about, except maybe something to do with having to fit over the band uniform shoulders or something. Friends from high school who stumble across this kindly refrain from commenting.)

Songs are designed to tug at emotions, as any aspiring singer/songwriter will tell you. This is why some songs become classical music! There is an artist named "Seal" who refuses to publish his song lyrics, because he thinks everyone should interpret the songs as he or she hears them, not as they are necessarily written. There are always our "personal soundtracks" too, that make us recall key events. So yeah, you will get the occasional tear trickle - and it's only hard to explain if it's something weird, like if "your song" was "Who Let the Dogs Out?" or something like that.

I was actually tearing up to a completely unrelated song today because of my friend's death, the lyrics just hit that spot and finally made sense - and it was a song I've heard since I was roughly 3 or 4, Billy Joel actually.

Laugh when you can, cry when you must. Dance and sing today, for we all become dust.

In other words...

Be excellent to each other - and party on, dudes!

Jan 13th 2013 new

www.youtube.com

bang a DRUM!!!!!

Mar 12th 2013 new

Ben,

Right after my marriage ended, there were a lot of songs that made me tear up & I made a compilation tape of them to play for myself & for others. There's a song "We Are Not As Strong As We Think We Are" that's very powerful. For me, Emmylou Harris's "Lonely Street" and "No Regrets" were played over & over. John Prine's "Speed of the Sound of Lonliness" Phillips, Craig & Dean "New Mercy" helped me remember a very important Biblical principle. Then there's "I Have Always Loved You" by Third Day (I think)--that never fails to bring a tear to my eye because in the midst of being along (especially around Valentine's Day!) it reminds me that God has ALWAYS loved me & always will! There's a song called "Pieces" that makes a lot of sense, too. Can't remember the group, though. Amy Grant's "Why, Why, Why" So many others......

Posts 1 - 8 of 8