Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Serenity Prayer

12/13/2012 new

I've been going through a tough time, guys. The holidays are especially hard this year. Having been separated since 2008, divorced since 2011, and annulled just last summer, I still feel raw and I can't quite figure it out tonight. Things have been bad for so long, I thought I had just accepted it and made the sacrificial offering. I forgive my ex, but the reality of what happened doesn't cease to exist. He was unfaithful, he was abusive towards me, and somehow I find myself exiled and living in my father's house. Moving on, when the children are with him most of the time, is especially painful right now. My normally sanguine self is bogging down as grief comes in waves.

So here's an effort to go beyond the pity party I would very easily set up for myself. I know everyone here has experienced the collapse of their marriage and that it has affected each of you in different ways - emotionally, spiritually, physically, financially. There is so much we want to change, but can't. We can. however, turn all things over to Our Heavenly Father. In Advent, we read about promises made and kept. God is a loving Father who always keeps His promises. We will never be abandoned. My children will never be orphaned.

Praying Please join me in this prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

12/13/2012 new
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: I've been going through a tough time, guys. The holidays are especially hard this year. Having been separat...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

I've been going through a tough time, guys. The holidays are especially hard this year. Having been separated since 2008, divorced since 2011, and annulled just last summer, I still feel raw and I can't quite figure it out tonight. Things have been bad for so long, I thought I had just accepted it and made the sacrificial offering. I forgive my ex, but the reality of what happened doesn't cease to exist. He was unfaithful, he was abusive towards me, and somehow I find myself exiled and living in my father's house. Moving on, when the children are with him most of the time, is especially painful right now. My normally sanguine self is bogging down as grief comes in waves.

So here's an effort to go beyond the pity party I would very easily set up for myself. I know everyone here has experienced the collapse of their marriage and that it has affected each of you in different ways - emotionally, spiritually, physically, financially. There is so much we want to change, but can't. We can. however, turn all things over to Our Heavenly Father. In Advent, we read about promises made and kept. God is a loving Father who always keeps His promises. We will never be abandoned. My children will never be orphaned.

Please join me in this prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--hide--

hug hug You are in my prayers.... hug
12/13/2012 new

I understand where your coming from. Praying Praying hug

12/15/2012 new

hug Praying

12/27/2012 new

Prayers for you Alice... and all of us who've suffered the anguish of divorce...

May His Peace reign... theheart

12/27/2012 new

Praying xmastree Dove theheart

12/27/2012 new
Praying Praying theheart hug
12/29/2012 new

Time heals all wounds. Or most. Give it time, be peaceful with yourself, and focus on making your life as good as you can. Focus on the things you can change, don't dwell on the things you can't.

And lots of prayers. wink

01/06/2013 new

Alice,

Look for the sun in other's faces and it will reflect upon you.

Blessings,

Eileen

01/08/2013 new
I love the Serenity prayer, especially the second half that is often not said or even known. Blessings and peace to you. I remember the early days of my separation. I was going through the motions, knowing that I was doing what I had to do but feedling so rejected and hurt. Little by little it got better, the pain lessened, and I came out of that darkness. Keep hanging on the foot of the cross. Jesus loves you.
Posts 1 - 10 of 26