Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

01/06/2013 new
I am grateful for the lessons God sends my way.
01/06/2013 new
Meg, You're a great example of gratitude. Over twenty years ago I heard a sermon in which a priest said if we just remember to say thank you to God, we can be sure more blessings will follow. Have a great Epiphany! John
01/06/2013 new
Today I am thankful for family and friends who not only helped me move but also had lunch for all ready when we were done and helped me put almost everything away. I've never had so little to do when a big move was all over! I'm tired and sore and I worked hard for a few days, but I can function in my apartment and unpack the rest at my leisure.
01/06/2013 new
Being thankful after a move is a good one Sherry, because moving is among my least favorite things to do.
01/06/2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Meg, You're a great example of gratitude. Over twenty years ago I heard a sermon in which a priest sa...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Meg, You're a great example of gratitude. Over twenty years ago I heard a sermon in which a priest said if we just remember to say thank you to God, we can be sure more blessings will follow. Have a great Epiphany! John
--hide--

It really IS true, like I always heard. The more we look for wonderful things, the more we find! Thanks, John. God bless you.

01/06/2013 new

Your mom had a great idea John.

Since the early 90's, I have been thanking God in my nightly prayers for all His gifts throughout my day...I can't seem to wait till night however, I also thank Him immediately when I recognize any of His gifts to me. Just yesterday I was so grateful and excited about one of my neighbors showing me how to use my snow blower and today for another neighbor showing me how to drain the oil...most of the yard equipment that my late husband used doesn't have any manuals...I'll have to get them off the Internet.

Ernie and I for a time also would share what we appreciated most in each other in a given day ("Your gift to me today was..."). It is a great help to keep the positive in the forefront.

Also congratulations and prayers to you both.

01/06/2013 new

The world is so full of wonders, I am sure we should all be as happy as kings. Robert Louis Stevenson

01/06/2013 new

John I forgot to mention that our parish, plus some neighboring ones, on New Year's Eve, brings in the New Year with Adoration and reflection of not only our sins but the numerous things we are thankful to God for, and then we have the New Year Mass. Our priests from India gifted this practice to us.

01/06/2013 new
Thank you Donna for the congratulations and prayers! I completely agree, the more frequent the gratitude, the more we realize how much we're given. Thank you again.
01/06/2013 new
Quite a few years ago I spent the turning of the new year in an adoration chapel. For some reason the Blessed Sacrament wasn't exposed but was nevertheless in the tabernacle so I spent the time in the presence of Our Lord. It was a really great way to begin the year. Only challenge is I don't always stay awake until midnight anymore to ring in the new year. Thanks again Donna! And thanks for the RLS quote Meg!
Posts 81 - 90 of 172