Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Same-Sex matching?

01/07/2013 new

The lifestyle discussed does not reflect my personal views!!!

My best friend is a lesbian, and she is Catholic. She accepts nearly all of the tenants of faith (like, she has no problem with same-sex atrtaction obvs, and she also is okay for the morning after pill....otherwise everything she believes in at face value) She has been in a couple abusive relationships, and I told her about how supportive CM is. It occured to me that since there are non-annulled or otherwise not free-to-marry folks on here, there might be one for same-sex matching, but I didn't see one. I definitely understand if is there is not a same-sex search option, and I am not pushing for one, but I am simply asking: is there one, or is there another method for her to meet other Catholic lesbian women, and are there any underground gay groups on this site? Her Catholic faith, she says, comes before her homosexuality. She wants a relationship where they grow in faith (however they choose to pursue it... -shrug-) and go to church together. I feel sorry for her that she has pigeon-holed herself into female attraction only, but also into such a lifestyle where it is so difficult to find someone to love. It's hard enough for the rest of us, I can't imagine trying to in her case...

01/07/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: The lifestyle discussed does not reflect my personal views!!!My best friend is a lesbian, ...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

My best friend is a lesbian, and she is Catholic. She accepts nearly all of the tenants of faith (like, she has no problem with same-sex atrtaction obvs, and she also is okay for the morning after pill....otherwise everything she believes in at face value) She has been in a couple abusive relationships, and I told her about how supportive CM is. It occured to me that since there are non-annulled or otherwise not free-to-marry folks on here, there might be one for same-sex matching, but I didn't see one. I definitely understand if is there is not a same-sex search option, and I am not pushing for one, but I am simply asking: is there one, or is there another method for her to meet other Catholic lesbian women, and are there any underground gay groups on this site? Her Catholic faith, she says, comes before her homosexuality. She wants a relationship where they grow in faith (however they choose to pursue it... -shrug-) and go to church together. I feel sorry for her that she has pigeon-holed herself into female attraction only, but also into such a lifestyle where it is so difficult to find someone to love. It's hard enough for the rest of us, I can't imagine trying to in her case...

--hide--

I am sorry to say but this topic is far out of reach and should not be on here.

01/07/2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I am sorry to say but this topic is far out of reach and should not be on here.
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

--hide--

It's not a topic for discussion, it's a question. And no I don't support her in this, it'll break my heart when iIhave to tell her one day: no I can't be your maid of honor. ashamed

01/07/2013 new

There is not, to my knowledge, a same-sex search on Catholic Match, since homosexuality is considered a sin in the Church. I'm not sure if there are any underground gay groups... and I think maybe I should stop now before expressing more of my own personal beliefs, since I'm sure they will not come out right. I will surely pray for your friend, that she find her way, in truth and wholeness, to the Catholic church.

01/07/2013 new

This the best friend who gave birth while in jail for armed robbery, correct? All I can say is that you are a really great friend to help her out over and over and over and over again.

I would suggest sending a help ticket to CM. Do let us know what they say. scratchchin

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: It's not a topic for discussion, it's a question. And no I don't support her i...

It's not a topic for discussion, it's a question. And no I don't support her in this, it'll break my heart when iIhave to tell her one day: no I can't be your maid of honor.

--hide--

01/07/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: The lifestyle discussed does not reflect my personal views!!!My best friend is a lesbian, ...

--hide--

Hi Mary, no there isn't on this site.

You might suggest to your friend to watch Life on the Rock on EWTN if she ever gets a chance. They have addressed same sex attraction issues. You also might be able to find some old episodes on youtube. I really feel for your friend. Most people with same sex attraction have been the victims of some sort of abuse.

Talking about abuse....Hey All...Let's be NICE here...Mary asked a question...we can be respectful and helpful.

01/07/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I am sorry to say but this topic...

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

It's not a topic for discussion, it's a question. And no I don't support her in this, it'll break my heart when iIhave to tell her one day: no I can't be your maid of honor.

--hide--

But you really are supporting her by telling her to come here for support and find a lesbian friend!

01/07/2013 new

Catholic Match is a dating site, for male and female relationships only.

01/07/2013 new

So I guess the problem I'm having with this issue is that your friend claims that she puts her Catholic faith before her homosexuality... if that were indeed true, she would actively pursue a man, and live her life according to the Catholic teachings. Otherwise, she can not (and SHOULD not) claim to be Catholic if she can't do that. I really don't think CM is the appropriate place for her. Just my two cents.

01/07/2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: Catholic Match is a dating site, for male and female relationships only.
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

Catholic Match is a dating site, for male and female relationships only.

--hide--

Catholic Match is not strictly a dating site. The owners have long maintained it is also a site for fellowship and support among Catholics, which is why those who are divorced without an annulment are allowed to use the site.

Clearly, it is inappropriate to be using the site to look for same-sex romantic partners. There is no reason a person with same-sex attraction cannot use the site to learn about the Catholic faith and to interact with faithful Catholics.

Posts 1 - 10 of 19