Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Wow Angela....good one! A friend (well....thought he was) invited me into his yard to meet his &q...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Wow Angela....good one! A friend (well....thought he was) invited me into his yard to meet his "nice" bull terrier. I was 6 years old. The moment I walked through the chain-linked gate the dog jumped up and knocked me down...and bit me on the arm. "R"'s Mom had seen this and before the dog could get to my throat (he did tear up my shirt) she ran outside and JERKED that heavy dog off of me. They of course quarantined the dog...until it was determined to not be rabid. Like you Angela...I now have a "lightening bolt" looking scar on my right arm. Those folks got rid of that dog after that. And my friend? He was always getting into trouble....and was somewhat of a dare devil. At age nine he was attempting a back flip off the diving board at a neighborhood public pool. He hit the board.... snapping his neck and went straight to the bottom as his mother helplessly watched it all unfold. He was dead at the scene. His poor mother. I felt SO bad for her. One never knows....

--hide--

Oh that is so sad about your Friend that hit the diving board. Yes God has surrounded me with my guardian Angels too as so many of you have witnessed. Each time I go out driving and see how many close calls there could have been. Even today I was supposed to stop on a back road and a truck almost hit me. I try to say the driver's prayer and pray my rosary while driving.

Another recent event was when I was jogging at night. I wasn't able to see the road as an oncoming car had her high beams on. Well I moved over and kept running but I fell in a ditch and hit a mailbox head on. My nose was bleeding profusely. The lady stopped the car and drove me home as I was going through bags of tissues.

So no more running at night. and be careful everyone. We never know when God will call us home. Hopefully we will try to be cautious but to always be ready to go is a good thing. We can never be too ready to meet God.

Prayers as we begin this New Year. May God keep us safe and watch over all of us .

Blessings
Kathleen Praying

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Bless your heart....and HEAD! I know what you are saying about parents. Mine used to say...."...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Bless your heart....and HEAD! I know what you are saying about parents. Mine used to say...."You don't know how worried you made us!" Oops!

--hide--

I never got why they (the parents) sometimes seemed so worked up over stuff that turned out ok.... until I became a parent. Reading through everyones posts really shows how important Faith and Prayer are.

Jan 8th 2013 new

I had a couple of close calls while in the Military years ago, riding my Motorcycle. I always thanked God for watching out for me.. and now always say a prayer before i set out on a journey. Praying

Jan 8th 2013 new

Good thread, Jerry... it's filling up fast, with all of these "great saves" by our guardian angels and all.

One night, actually about 3:00 am, I was driving home from a convention in southern MN. I was driving on a four-lane highway, one that I was not familiar with. I had pulled into the left lane to pass a slower vehicle. I normally leave enough distance after passing another car to be able to see their headlights well in my rear view mirror before returning to the right lane, especially at night, but this one time I felt my car almost being pulled back into the right lane immediately after passing him. Had I remained in the left lane two seconds longer, I would have run my little car right into a huge dead deer that was laying in the left hand lane.

Jan 8th 2013 new

I've had close calls several times in my car. I'm not the best driver. embarassed

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: Oh that is so sad about your Friend that hit the diving board. Yes God has surrounde...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

Oh that is so sad about your Friend that hit the diving board. Yes God has surrounded me with my guardian Angels too as so many of you have witnessed. Each time I go out driving and see how many close calls there could have been. Even today I was supposed to stop on a back road and a truck almost hit me. I try to say the driver's prayer and pray my rosary while driving.

Another recent event was when I was jogging at night. I wasn't able to see the road as an oncoming car had her high beams on. Well I moved over and kept running but I fell in a ditch and hit a mailbox head on. My nose was bleeding profusely. The lady stopped the car and drove me home as I was going through bags of tissues.

So no more running at night. and be careful everyone. We never know when God will call us home. Hopefully we will try to be cautious but to always be ready to go is a good thing. We can never be too ready to meet God.

Prayers as we begin this New Year. May God keep us safe and watch over all of us .

Blessings
Kathleen

--hide--

Happy birthday, Kathleen! biggrin Happy Birthday!

Jan 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: Oh that is so sad about your Friend that hit the diving board. Yes God has surrounded me with my...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

Blessings
Kathleen

--hide--
happy birthday Kathleen

Happy Birthday!
Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: happy birthday Kathleen
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: happy birthday Kathleen

--hide--
Yeah..... Happy Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHLEEN! Happy Birthday!

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Good thread, Jerry... it's filling up fast, with all of these "great saves" by our...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Good thread, Jerry... it's filling up fast, with all of these "great saves" by our guardian angels and all.

One night, actually about 3:00 am, I was driving home from a convention in southern MN. I was driving on a four-lane highway, one that I was not familiar with. I had pulled into the left lane to pass a slower vehicle. I normally leave enough distance after passing another car to be able to see their headlights well in my rear view mirror before returning to the right lane, especially at night, but this one time I felt my car almost being pulled back into the right lane immediately after passing him. Had I remained in the left lane two seconds longer, I would have run my little car right into a huge dead deer that was laying in the left hand lane.

--hide--
Oh Michael. Someone was watching over you for sure! Thanks for posting. Btw....how are you brother?

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I've had close calls several times in my car. I'm not the best driver.
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I've had close calls several times in my car. I'm not the best driver.

--hide--
That's okay Marita....we've all had "bad driving" days! I'm the guiltiest one in the world!

Posts 31 - 40 of 177