Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) ed-925050 said: Tara's Christmas Tree: m.collegehumor.com.
(Quote) ed-925050 said:

Tara's Christmas Tree:

m.collegehumor.com

--hide--

laughing Actually, I have my Christmas tree pic in my album lol Lots of fleur-de-lis and a little touch of Saints!

Jan 7th 2013 new

Enjoyed your post, John!!! Especially the part about the lineup mug shots!!!

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) John-146319 said: Good list, Robert. May I add the following? Seasonal hats: Xmas is over, lose the Santa hat...
(Quote) John-146319 said:

Good list, Robert. May I add the following?

Seasonal hats: Xmas is over, lose the Santa hat. It was cute last month, probably still a little cute now but like xmas lights in April, it's time. Same principle applies to graduation mortar boards (men and women) and ball caps. And unless you're French or Basque, lose the

Any photo bearing a watermark seal such as your driver's license or passport photo. Not only is it evident that you're using an ID photo, but you open yourself to identity thieves. But by all means go to the place that snapped your passport photos and have another set taken that will allow you to appear more natrual and at ease. And of course using lineup mug shots is always inadvisable, even if you crop out your processing number at the bottom

--hide--

Ah, yes...the hats. santahat referee pirate lil mikie Tartan Beret paper bag They cast a shadow so we can't see your beautiful eyes.
If you're trying to hide the fact that it's a little scant on top rolling eyes or possibly even too much troll ...

Wolf Whistle
fageddaboudit!

I know lots of adorable men who happen to be bald (my brother for one)! hug

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Robert-864486 said: Just so you're aware, my sentiments are reflected by CM. Here is an excerpt for the guidelin...
(Quote) Robert-864486 said:

Just so you're aware, my sentiments are reflected by CM. Here is an excerpt for the guidelines on profile pictures from the help on this very website:

"

Profile Photos:

Your face and shoulders must take up a minimum of 200 x 200 pixels when cropped All profile photos will be cropped to a "headshot" from the shoulders to the top of the head. Full body shots will not be approved as a profile photo, but can be included in your album. Must be a clear, color photo of yourself facing the camera, without anything obstructing the view of your face Your profile photo must be a photo of yourself without other people included.

"

Boom, that just covered The fact that it's only supposed to be a head&shoulders shot, it's supposed to be in color, with only yourself, and nothing obstructing your face. I understand that much of what I wrote was my own oppinion, but do not discount how much of it is reflecting the objective purpose of a profile picture.

As per the costume, you can't deny that the cape has class ;)

All about first dates: I screen heavily up front, so that I can take it real easy on the back 9!

--hide--

well, you obviously know far more than this old idiot, so i'll bow out and let you hold forth brilliantly. graduate

Jan 7th 2013 new

I was really stumped by the profile pics and soforth. I am a photographer but I am not very comfortable in front of the camera. I specialize in portraiture and so I am constantly looking at photographs of people....I see every little detail and fine line on my face and take too much time making it look "nice" and by the time I am finished it looks too artsy. I suppose that I am my own worst critic in that way...it isn't easy and I understand how people feel, as if they are on display...I hear it all of the time. My suggestion is that you ask someone you love to take your photo...a child or a very best friend; in that way you are already much more comfortable and your eyes will reflect that care and warmth. Just my two cents...

Jan 8th 2013 new

I prefer lightly lit photos because my complexion is awful ashamed I developed cystic acne as an adult, and it was bad to the point that 3 different dermatologists said they couldn't do anything more for me, after I'd gone through 7 prescriptions in a 3 year period. While it's toned down a lot, it has left me very insecure about my face- I won't even stand to be stared at, or looked at from below, I hate it...so my favorite pics are usually brighter, or B+W, or shoot, even the out of focus ones usually look better sad

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: Bernadette, that is EXACTLY what my first thought was. Glad to meet a fellow Whovian...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

Bernadette, that is EXACTLY what my first thought was. Glad to meet a fellow Whovian!

--hide--

wave Hello Laura! hug It's a pleasure to meet a fellow Whovian for me, too. I heart heart Dr. Who. wink

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Sherrie-702451 said: My suggestion is that you ask someone you love to take your photo...a child or a very best frie...
(Quote) Sherrie-702451 said:

My suggestion is that you ask someone you love to take your photo...a child or a very best friend; in that way you are already much more comfortable and your eyes will reflect that care and warmth. Just my two cents...

--hide--

I agree with you, Sherry. My mom is what I call my personal photographer, and no matter how I'm feeling, she can usually put a smile on my face. biggrin

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I prefer lightly lit photos because my complexion is awful I developed cystic acne as an adult, an...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I prefer lightly lit photos because my complexion is awful I developed cystic acne as an adult, and it was bad to the point that 3 different dermatologists said they couldn't do anything more for me, after I'd gone through 7 prescriptions in a 3 year period. While it's toned down a lot, it has left me very insecure about my face- I won't even stand to be stared at, or looked at from below, I hate it...so my favorite pics are usually brighter, or B+W, or shoot, even the out of focus ones usually look better

--hide--

You're a very pretty young lady, Mary, so I'm glad that you *do* post photos of yourself. Your profile pic is simply too cute. hug

Gents, get over here and message Miss Mary!

Jan 8th 2013 new

Even though Robert wrote his comment as though it was directed at everyone, it's pretty clearly directed at women. Am I the only one disturbed by how many men think it's okay to post a list of complaints and demands about what THEY want from women and how WE'RE expected to be worried about attracting THEM? This is the second thread of this nature I've seen in the past week.

Guys, it's up to you to impress us. Posting a list of whiney complaints and demands is not going to achieve that end, and it's not at all how a Catholic gentleman should act.

Posts 21 - 30 of 75