Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

go to Mass at St Thomas Aquinas Cathedral downtown! I went to Mass there last Sunday when I was on vacation in Tahoe, and it was one of the most beautiful NO Masses I have been to for a long time (ok, so I'm not very spoiled here in Southern California when it comes to reverent Masses, but still). I finally had the opportunity to experience the NO Mass as it no doubt was intended to be celebrated. No modern innovations, and the real truth proclaimed from the pulpit without worry that it will somehow offend the faithful. It brought me to tears... Just wanted to share. This will now be my home away from home church when I ski in Tahoe.

And you know what was sad? My 12-yo son was annoyed by the experience because he has never been to a sung Mass before. He couldn't figure out why all these lines had to be sung - that only took up time! This is the state of our Church, this is what our children are learning. And he goes to a Catholic school.

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: And you know what was sad? My 12-yo son was annoyed by the experience because he has never been to ...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

And you know what was sad? My 12-yo son was annoyed by the experience because he has never been to a sung Mass before. He couldn't figure out why all these lines had to be sung - that only took up time! This is the state of our Church, this is what our children are learning. And he goes to a Catholic school.

--hide--

Nope. This is how things have always been. There were no "good old days". All kids act his way. Your son is exhibiting typical behavior for a boy his age. Mine have all said/done similar things. Don't come down too hard on him or he'll come to hate the faith. Keep bringing him to Church. Say the Mass in reno was beautiful, but don't argue with or scold him if he rolls his eyes and offers his own view of things. Evenutally it will take root - unless you try to force it down his throat in which case he may be gone for good.

Pray - just like St. Monica prayed for her son. theheart

Posts 1 - 2 of 2