Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/08/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: The answer is no. <...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

The answer is no.

Thaks for the honesty - short & sweet!

--hide--

Your welcome.

01/08/2013 new

Surprisingly yes. I recently got to know someone, as a friend, whom I was not physically attracted to at all. The more I got to know him and see his kind and loving heart the more I entertained the idea of being more than friends. Then this past Sunday, when I was leaving church, I was involved in a bad accident. While waiting for the police to arrive he had text me to say good morning and I told him what had happened and he was there in 15 min - without even asking him to be. I saw a kind an nurturing side to him that was very enduring. I think we need to learn to love with our eyes closed and our hearts open.

Love is not reserved for only the beautiful people. If I want you to accept me for who I am, with all my flaws, then I need to accept you in the same fashion. Remember - God did not make any JUNK.

01/08/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Hi Rachel ...but what about the thread question ... Would women date someone who wasn...

Hi Rachel ...but what about the thread question ... Would women date someone who wasn't physically attractive to them if he had other good qualities? That is the question! (smile) ,,,

--hide--

I notice looks very last -- I'm much less visual than most people, I guess, and also I know as an aging mother of many I don't have a lot that looks good at first glance anyhow, so maybe that makes me more open to look at the soul and personality and overlook the exterior. But yes if someone obviously doesn't care for his body (just sits around eating junk and ballooning up for no good reason) that shows he isn't caring for his 'temple' and would not be attractive to me. 'Looks' are unimportant, but taking care of whatever body you have is attractive -- but NOT those who go overboard either way by not caring or by focusing all their attention and effort on their body.

Does that answer your question? I think women are more forgiving in their assesment of men than men are of women, in general, and have run in to so many men who want their women to have 'victoria's secret' bodies while giving no thought to trying to clean up themselves for a woman -- I like clean, neat, nice-smelling men, more than gorgeous men all about themselves or stinky, dirty, sloppy, demanding men.

01/08/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: A walking program can help almost anyo...

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

A walking program can help almost anyone. Cosmetic surgery for what?
Are you kidding? No way!

Honestly, no need for me to walk ...no need for that .... Re cosmetic surgery, for everything!!!!

--hide--

I don't believe you. You look fine to me.

01/08/2013 new

I've never not dated a man because he was overweight or not physically attractive. I'm no Barbie myself. I think attraction between two people is based on much more than physical attractiveness: shared values, faith, interests, and outlook on life to name a few.

01/08/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look...

C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look" have even the remotest chance of getting some interest from you? Are we forever doomed because of genetics to be left on the sidelines of romantic life??? ... Can our charming personality and simple all -around goodness make up for what we lack externally? ... Or, is it that no matter how hard we try and no matter how nice we are (courteous, considerate, funny, Christian, etc, etc, etc), we will never make be able to overcome our obvious physical deficiences??? ... Again, be honest, we can take it ....or at least I think we can (smile) ...

Guys, if you too want to share your thoughts, feel free ...

--hide--

Well, everyone has different tastes, but online dating CAN be like online shopping. If you don't like what you see, you keep shopping. I know that sounds terrible. I guess it's hard to show a winning personality if someone doesn't even want to click on your profile.

01/08/2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Well, everyone has different tastes, but online dating CAN be like online shopping. I...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Well, everyone has different tastes, but online dating CAN be like online shopping. If you don't like what you see, you keep shopping. I know that sounds terrible. I guess it's hard to show a winning personality if someone doesn't even want to click on your profile.

--hide--

Agreed. And it is a lot easier to overcome looks with personality in person vs. online. Seeing HOW someone acts is easier in person.

01/08/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look...

C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look" have even the remotest chance of getting some interest from you? Are we forever doomed because of genetics to be left on the sidelines of romantic life??? ... Can our charming personality and simple all -around goodness make up for what we lack externally? ... Or, is it that no matter how hard we try and no matter how nice we are (courteous, considerate, funny, Christian, etc, etc, etc), we will never make be able to overcome our obvious physical deficiences??? ... Again, be honest, we can take it ....or at least I think we can (smile) ...

--hide--

Richard, I dated and married what IBM called "Face Men," guys who were very handsome who they recruited to be salesmen ... so that they could sell anything, based pretty much on their looks ... I learned the hard way that he had no real intentions and concerns about loving, honoring, and cherishing me ... he was long on looks, but very short on sincerity.

Most of the men I've dated weren't so handsome, but they had one glowing characteristic ... they were handsome inside!

knight-errant princess heart heartbeat

Bottom line, looks are truly only skin deep ... it's what's inside that counts!

santahat fluffy snowman fluffy snowman santahat

01/08/2013 new

--hide--

From the looks of your picture, I am sure you are not talking about yourself. But for those guys you are talking about...remember the story of the Beauty and Beast...She saw his heart and they lived happily ever after.

- Elizabeth

01/08/2013 new
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: So, Bobbie, a guy who is in shape, but not necessarily that attractive otherwise, he has a shot?

So, Bobbie, a guy who is in shape, but not necessarily that attractive otherwise, he has a shot?

--hide--

Yes he would be.
Posts 21 - 30 of 146