Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Faith will bring you love

01/07/2013 new

Dear Friends,

I wanted to share a nice testimony on finding love.

About 8 years ago, my friend and I were talking about what we were looking for in a potential spouse. He mentioned that he was looking for someone who is Christian, sweet, fun and is has a fine balance between being conservative and outgoing, also a lady who is not thin.

At that time, it seemed to me that he was too precise and unrealistic in what he was looking for and so I probed him to ask how sure he was that he will find this sort of woman. He quoted Psalm 128:

Blessed are all who fear the Lord,
who walk in obedience to him.
2 You will eat the fruit of your labor;
blessings and prosperity will be yours.
3 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
within your house;
your children will be like olive shoots
around your table.
4 Yes, this will be the blessing
for the man who fears the Lord.

He said that this is God's promise. It was then that I started believing that I too will find a guy who is good looking, intelligent, funny, understanding, loving and romantic also tall (this was my criteria then). wink This faith and confidence has seen me through countless heartaches, break ups, rejections to always arise again soon after with the same faith and hope that I will find this person. It was annoying to me at times that I had this undying hope, especially when I have mixed feelings if I was being unrealistic. Many singles friends admired this about me too.

On December 30 on the Feast of Holy Family, my friend got married to a woman with similiar characteristics which he had mentioned. And because we both briefly dated, I was not thrilled about this. At mass on Sunday morning, I was sitting alone in church when Psalm 128 was sung as it was according to the Liturgical Calendar. My friend is a Protestant, he was clueless that we Catholics would have sung that Psalm on the day he got married. To me it was obvious that the message was for me, that God was telling me that His promises remains true for my friend who believed and also for me as I wait on Him, single and without a man in sight and for each of you.

If like me, you see no physical prospect of love, romance and marriage, my prayer is that you continue to hold on to God's promises as stated in Psalm 128, that in His perfect time you will be united with your spouse which He had already picked for you. Keep that faith no matter what and remember that God and His promises are constant with or without a sign in sight.

Blessings, faith and hope.
Josey

01/08/2013 new

this is a beautiful message, but please don't give up hope. be open. love may come your way yet in the person of a fine catholic man.

flower flower flower

01/08/2013 new

[quote]David-364112 said:

this is a beautiful message, but please don't give up hope. be open. love may come your way yet in the person of a fine catholic man.

Thank you David certainly it will. My hope and prayers is the same for you. Praying

01/08/2013 new

Thanks for sharing! The Psalms are a great source of comfort to me while on this journey. I especially love these verses:

For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. (Psalm 84:11)

The Lord knows the days of the blameless, And their inheritance will be forever. They will not be ashamed in the time of evil, And in the days of famine they will have abundance. (Psalm 37:18-19)

01/08/2013 new

In all honesty, I have to say that the reason I am not married is because I was not ready before. I had to get my house in order before I could invite someone over! I think a lot of times people (myself included) can become discouraged when prospects for marriage seem bleak. But rather than becoming discouraged with the promises of the Lord, I think it's important to do some self reflection and make certain you are ready for marriage. And, are the expectations you have for a spouse reasonable? If you met a person with all the questions except one, would you accept that person? There are no perfect people. Sometimes we have to have the eyes to see (to see with God's eyes) the person God has placed in our lives and perhaps let go of any unreasonable expectations that might be holding us back from a relationship. This is what I am striving to do!

01/08/2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-611497 said: Dear Friends,I wanted to share a nice testimony on finding love.About 8 years...
(Quote) Josephine-611497 said:

Dear Friends,

About 8 years ago, my friend and I were talking about what we were looking for in a potential spouse. He mentioned that he was looking for someone who is Christian, sweet, fun and is has a fine balance between being conservative and outgoing, also a lady who is not thin.

At that time, it seemed to me that he was too precise and unrealistic in what he was looking for and so I probed him to ask how sure he was that he will find this sort of woman. He quoted Psalm 128:

within your house;
around your table.

He said that this is God's promise. It was then that I started believing that I too will find a guy who is good looking, intelligent, funny, understanding, loving and romantic also tall (this was my criteria then). This faith and confidence has seen me through countless heartaches, break ups, rejections to always arise again soon after with the same faith and hope that I will find this person. It was annoying to me at times that I had this undying hope, especially when I have mixed feelings if I was being unrealistic. Many singles friends admired this about me too.

On December 30 on the Feast of Holy Family, my friend got married to a woman with similiar characteristics which he had mentioned. And because we both briefly dated, I was not thrilled about this. At mass on Sunday morning, I was sitting alone in church when Psalm 128 was sung as it was according to the Liturgical Calendar. My friend is a Protestant, he was clueless that we Catholics would have sung that Psalm on the day he got married. To me it was obvious that the message was for me, that God was telling me that His promises remains true for my friend who believed and also for me as I wait on Him, single and without a man in sight and for each of you.

If like me, you see no physical prospect of love, romance and marriage, my prayer is that you continue to hold on to God's promises as stated in Psalm 128, that in His perfect time you will be united with your spouse which He had already picked for you. Keep that faith no matter what and remember that God and His promises are constant with or without a sign in sight.

Josey

--hide--
believe it will happen... our faith in God is His Perfect Timing!

01/08/2013 new
(Quote) Josephine-611497 said: Dear Friends,I wanted to share a nice testimony on finding love.About 8 years ago, my frien...
(Quote) Josephine-611497 said:

Dear Friends,

within your house;
around your table.

He said that this is God's promise. It was then that I started believing that I too will find a guy who is good looking, intelligent, funny, understanding, loving and romantic also tall (this was my criteria then). This faith and confidence has seen me through countless heartaches, break ups, rejections to always arise again soon after with the same faith and hope that I will find this person. It was annoying to me at times that I had this undying hope, especially when I have mixed feelings if I was being unrealistic. Many singles friends admired this about me too.

Josey

--hide--

Beautiful, thank you for sharing.
01/08/2013 new

Josey, thank you so much for sharing this with us. It reminds me of one day when my mom asked me what qualities I was looking for in a future husband - just 10, she said, for starters. I began giving spiritual, emotional characteristics. Then she asked me for some physical ones. If we have faith in God, we might just find that someone who's perfect for us, in all aspects - spiritual, emotional, intellectual and physical. "Hey, it could happen!" hug

01/08/2013 new

Yes Claudine, the Word of God is Jesus Himself.

01/08/2013 new

Dear Kirsten: Thanks for raising this great points on readiness for marriage and also being realistic in expectation. I am reading this really great book called Woman of Mystery by Hayley DeMarco and the author speaks at lenght about areas that we as women should work on, improve, pray about and even reflect. I feel that I have much to do as well in my preparation to be a good Catholic wife and mother.

Posts 1 - 10 of 14