Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

ncronline.org Video is at the bottom... Just a 30 second commercial, but it's awesome!
01/08/2013 new
That is great.Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01/08/2013 new
ISN'T IT AWESOME????
01/09/2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: ncronline.org Video is...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: ncronline.org Video is at the bottom... Just a 30 second commercial, but it's awesome!
--hide--

Thanks, Tara. So glad to see that. I enjoy some of the EWTN programs that are along this line. We need so much more. I remember as kid all the movies about Catholics. My friend Fr. Fred Schmit used to say when they don't say anything about you, it means you don't matter. I'm afraid we are close to that these days. Hope the commercial makes a difference. Would you believe that midnight Mass was only 2/3s full. Usually the C& E (Christmas and Easter) Catholics fill the seats and people have to stand. That is the first midnight Mass I ever saw where you could find a seat anywhere.

- Elizabeth

01/13/2013 new

Awesome commercial! Would love to see it run during the Super Bowl, but the cost would likely be prohibitive. It's refreshing to see national sports icons speaking for the Church. I remember another commercial years ago that featured former Dodger catcher Mike Piazza and other Catholic pro athletes in a promotion for the Church.

The Rooney family (owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers) reportedly have a priest travel with them on away games so they can celebrate Mass on gameday Sundays. As a Chargers fan (even now, yes...) I'm gladdened to have heard that the original owner of the San Diego Chargers, Barron Hilton, was a devout Catholic who was rumored to have approved the team's original 1959 uniform colors (sky blue gold, and white) after being influenced by the color scheme for the fledgling Catholic University of San Diego and the Basilica of the Immaculata (located on the campus grounds) representing the colors we traditionally associate with the Blessed Mother. theheart

01/13/2013 new

(Quote) John-146319 said: Awesome commercial! Would love to see it run during the Super Bowl, but the cost would likely be p...
(Quote) John-146319 said:

Awesome commercial! Would love to see it run during the Super Bowl, but the cost would likely be prohibitive. It's refreshing to see national sports icons speaking for the Church. I remember another commercial years ago that featured former Dodger catcher Mike Piazza and other Catholic pro athletes in a promotion for the Church.

The Rooney family (owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers) reportedly have a priest travel with them on away games so they can celebrate Mass on gameday Sundays. As a Chargers fan (even now, yes...) I'm gladdened to have heard that the original owner of the San Diego Chargers, Barron Hilton, was a devout Catholic who was rumored to have approved the team's original 1959 uniform colors (sky blue gold, and white) after being influenced by the color scheme for the fledgling Catholic University of San Diego and the Basilica of the Immaculata (located on the campus grounds) representing the colors we traditionally associate with the Blessed Mother.

--hide--

I remember years ago that a coach hired a couple of nuns to pray for the team. I liked then and would like it now. Prayers all around for successful seasons and injury free seasons.

- Elizabeth

02/08/2013 new

(Quote) John-146319 said: Awesome commercial! Would love to see it run during the Super Bowl, but the cost would likely be p...
(Quote) John-146319 said:

The Rooney family (owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers) reportedly have a priest travel with them on away games so they can celebrate Mass on gameday Sundays. As a Chargers fan (even now, yes...) I'm gladdened to have heard that the original owner of the San Diego Chargers, Barron Hilton, was a devout Catholic who was rumored to have approved the team's original 1959 uniform colors (sky blue gold, and white) after being influenced by the color scheme for the fledgling Catholic University of San Diego and the Basilica of the Immaculata (located on the campus grounds) representing the colors we traditionally associate with the Blessed Mother.

--hide--
Awesome! John that is really cool about the traveling preist and the colors of our Blessed Mother! Praise God! wave Praying theheart

02/08/2013 new

oops spelled priest embarassed

Posts 1 - 8 of 8