Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

01/09/2013 new

A BIG OUCH on my picks last week. Guess that's what I get for thinking outside the box. laughing laughing embarassed

Let's try this again........

SATURDAY"S GAMES

Broncos over Ravens

Packers over 49ers

SUNDAY'S GAMES......

Seahawks over Falcons

Patriots over Texans (do you forgive me, Leon?) hug

01/09/2013 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: Jerry, Congratulations on a great job,last week! Good luck with your picks. ...
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

Jerry,

Congratulations on a great job,last week! Good luck with your picks.

--hide--
Thank you Gerard. On your question of "pulling for division rivalries" I DO MOST of the time. But found myself NOT pulling for the Redskins the other night....after coming off the loss with them the week before. (that smarted!)

However when it comes to the NFC against the AFC for the Super Bowl I always pull for the NFC.

On an unrelated note: Jerry Jones (owner of the Cowboys) has promised "changes" in the organization. Wonder if he'll start with himself? Like firing himself as the GM!

01/09/2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: A BIG OUCH on my picks last week. Guess that's what I get for thinking outside the box. <...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

A BIG OUCH on my picks last week. Guess that's what I get for thinking outside the box.

SATURDAY"S GAMES

Broncos over Ravens

Packers over 49ers

SUNDAY'S GAMES......

Seahawks over Falcons

Patriots over Texans (do you forgive me, Leon?)

--hide--

Linda,

Absolutely, nothing to forgive. If I did not live in Houston, I would have picked the Patriots. However, I am too loyal to my Houston and Texas teams. It is a long shot but there have been upsets before. May it be so this time.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

01/09/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: (Quote) Gerard-400247 said: Jerry, Congratulations on a gr...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Quote:
Gerard-400247 said:

Jerry,

Congratulations on a great job,last week! Good luck with your picks.

Thank you Gerard. On your question of "pulling for division rivalries" I DO MOST of the time. But found myself NOT pulling for the Redskins the other night....after coming off the loss with them the week before. (that smarted!)

However when it comes to the NFC against the AFC for the Super Bowl I always pull for the NFC.

On an unrelated note: Jerry Jones (owner of the Cowboys) has promised "changes" in the organization. Wonder if he'll start with himself? Like firing himself as the GM!

--hide--

Jerry,

Hello fellow Texan,

You stated, "Jerry Jones (owner of the Cowboys) has promised "changes" in the organization. Wonder if he'll start with himself? Like firing himself as the GM!"

Jerry, no more wine for you today. laughing

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

01/09/2013 new
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: SURVEY QUESTION:COULD YOU HONESTLY ROOT FOR A DIVISIONAL RIV...
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

SURVEY QUESTION:COULD YOU HONESTLY ROOT FOR A DIVISIONAL RIVAL,IN THE PLAYOFFS?

As a Viking fan,I would find tremendous difficulty in cheering for a,twice-a-year foe.There are always exceptions(one team in the NFC is my least favorite in the league,and it's NOT a division rival).

It's only natural to cheer on the other team,when they face a divisional opponent.

What do you think?

--hide--
My correct pick of the Packers last week aside, I usually root against them. They've been a thorn in the Lions' side for too long. cheese gangster Lion flamed faint tombstone sad
01/09/2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Seahawks over Falcons

Seahawks over Falcons

--hide--

clap clap

01/09/2013 new

(Quote) ed-925050 said: (Quote) Linda-624584 said: Seahawks over Falcons ...
(Quote) ed-925050 said:

Quote:
Linda-624584 said:

Seahawks over Falcons

--hide--
Nuttin slow bout this gal...I "done learnded" my lesson last week. wink shocked laughing laughing highfive

01/10/2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: A BIG OUCH on my picks last week. Guess that's what I get for thinking outside the box. <...

A BIG OUCH on my picks last week. Guess that's what I get for thinking outside the box.

SATURDAY"S GAMES

Broncos over Ravens

Packers over 49ers

SUNDAY'S GAMES......

Seahawks over Falcons

Patriots over Texans (do you forgive me, Leon?)

--hide--

Linda,

Thank you for the picks.Good luck this week.

01/10/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Thank you Gerard. On your question of "pulling for division rivalries" I DO MOST of the...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

--hide--

Jerry,

I will usually root for the NFC,except when certain teams are in the big game.

The Cowboys fired Rob Ryan,their defensive coordinator.

01/10/2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: My correct pick of the Packers last week aside, I usually root against them. They've been a thorn in ...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: My correct pick of the Packers last week aside, I usually root against them. They've been a thorn in the Lions' side for too long.
--hide--

The Packers have been a PAIN for the Vikings.I NEVER ROOT for them in the Super Bowl and usually go against them in the regular season.

Posts 41 - 50 of 110