Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Hi Everyone,

I am always interested in this subject as I am a hopeless romantic.

My mother was here in the United States from Ireland for a short time and working in the Bakery in the North End of town.
Alot of her friends were Polish and asked her to come with them one night to the Polish Club. My Dad was there with his
mother (yes! that's right!) and he spotted her and turned to her and said "Do you see that girl over there with the white
skin? I am going to marry her". They met several times at the Club and he offered to drive her and a few of her friends home
so she made sure she was the first one out and gave him a wrong address but walking distance from her apartment. And
that was the beginning.....

Do you have a story you would like to share? People meet in the darndest places. I can't wait to hear your parents story!

Eileen

01/09/2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Hi Everyone, I am always interested in this subject as I am a hopeless romantic....
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Hi Everyone,

My mother was here in the United States from Ireland for a short time and working in the Bakery in the North End of town.
Alot of her friends were Polish and asked her to come with them one night to the Polish Club. My Dad was there with his
mother (yes! that's right!) and he spotted her and turned to her and said "Do you see that girl over there with the white
skin? I am going to marry her". They met several times at the Club and he offered to drive her and a few of her friends home
so she made sure she was the first one out and gave him a wrong address but walking distance from her apartment. And

Do you have a story you would like to share? People meet in the darndest places. I can't wait to hear your parents story!

Eileen

--hide--

My parents met while teaching at the same school.

01/09/2013 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Hi Everyone, I am always interested in this subject as I am a hopeless romantic.My mother was ...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Hi Everyone,

Eileen

--hide--

My mother is from Montana & my Dad was from the Seattle area. My Mom's friend's boyfriend was from Seattle & he happened to be best friends with my Dad. Her boyfriend used to come visit her in Montana & he happened to bring my Dad along with him one weekend. He met Mom, they hit it off! Met in February & were married in May. This year they'll celebrate 38 years!

heart
01/09/2013 new

My parents met at the old federal building in Grand Rapids, MI, through the help of St. Therese of Lisieux. smile But that's a story for another day!

My brother and sister-in-law have a fun story worth noting. He, an American, met her, a Lithuanian, at the pub in the little hamlet of Methwold Hythe in England. Their first date was supposedly at the Burger King on RAF Mildenhall--how's that for romance? laughing They ending up having their wedding reception at the pub where they initially met.

01/09/2013 new
So Victoria...did they meet at the teacher's lunchroom or were they teaching in the same corridor of rooms? Did they share the same subject. Just wondering.
01/09/2013 new
(Quote) Valerie-880801 said: My mother is from Montana & my Dad was from the Seattle area. My Mom's friend's boyfriend was f...
(Quote) Valerie-880801 said:

My mother is from Montana & my Dad was from the Seattle area. My Mom's friend's boyfriend was from Seattle & he happened to be best friends with my Dad. Her boyfriend used to come visit her in Montana & he happened to bring my Dad along with him one weekend. He met Mom, they hit it off! Met in February & were married in May. This year they'll celebrate 38 years!

--hide--
Wow Valerie...that was a whirlwind romance. And they probably said it would've last! I love this subject.
01/09/2013 new
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: My parents met at the old federal building in Grand Rapids, MI, through the help of St. Therese of Lisieux. ...
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

My parents met at the old federal building in Grand Rapids, MI, through the help of St. Therese of Lisieux. But that's a story for another day!

My brother and sister-in-law have a fun story worth noting. He, an American, met her, a Lithuanian, at the pub in the little hamlet of Methwold Hythe in England. Their first date was supposedly at the Burger King on RAF Mildenhall--how's that for romance? They ending up having their wedding reception at the pub where they initially met.

--hide--
How wonderful is that! Both of them from different countries meeting in another country...wow! What a great celebration at the pub...romance everywhere in England.
01/09/2013 new
They were 5 and getting on the school bus for Mt Caramel School. Mother's first memory of Dad was him running to his big sister for a handkerchief because his nose was running! They became interested in each other during college.
01/09/2013 new

My parents met in high school when my dad's family moved out to the country from a city and they went to the same very small school -- only one class per grade -- they dated exclusively immediately and never looked back.

01/10/2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: They were 5 and getting on the school bus for Mt Caramel School. Mother's first memory of Dad was him ...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: They were 5 and getting on the school bus for Mt Caramel School. Mother's first memory of Dad was him running to his big sister for a handkerchief because his nose was running! They became interested in each other during college.
--hide--

That is a funny first memory Meg! So they must have stayed in the same area after high school?

Posts 1 - 10 of 128