Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I keep reading in the fora that guys are claiming that they are intimidated about contacting ladies on this site. I am just curious as to what about a profile, photograph or woman would intimidate you about contacting her? scratchchin

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I keep reading in the fora that guys are claiming that they are intimidated about contacting ladi...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

I keep reading in the fora that guys are claiming that they are intimidated about contacting ladies on this site. I am just curious as to what about a profile, photograph or woman would intimidate you about contacting her?

--hide--

Yeah, I wanna know, too! wink Does my smile blind them? laughing

Jan 9th 2013 new
Shara, that is an excellent question!!

Gentlemen, I am not currently dating/courting anyone. wave You get a Gold Star!
Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I keep reading in the fora that guys are claiming that they are intimidated about contacting ladi...

I keep reading in the fora that guys are claiming that they are intimidated about contacting ladies on this site. I am just curious as to what about a profile, photograph or woman would intimidate you about contacting her?

--hide--

I think they feel like they are being placed in the female position of the courtship (is this the right word?) and it makes them uncomfortable.

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: I think they feel like they are being placed in the female position of the courtship (is...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

I think they feel like they are being placed in the female position of the courtship (is this the right word?) and it makes them uncomfortable.

--hide--

Explain that?

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Explain that?

Explain that?

--hide--

They want to be the active one courting the woman, as they probably see it as the mans natural role. Being contacted by a woman makes them feel unmasculine.

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Explain that?

Explain that?

--hide--

Oh boy! Now I see that I completly misread your first post. I'll put on the silly hat and stand in the corner for a while. lil mikie

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: They want to be the active one courting the woman, as they probably see it as the mans n...

They want to be the active one courting the woman, as they probably see it as the mans natural role. Being contacted by a woman makes them feel unmasculine.

--hide--

Well I am not talknig about contacting them but them contacting women as I have read several times in the fora that they are saying that some women intimidate them. I do agree with you that it is the man's natural role to do the courting and I feel very uncomfortable about contacting gentlemen.

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Oh boy! Now I see that I completly misread your first post. I'll put on the silly ha...

Oh boy! Now I see that I completly misread your first post. I'll put on the silly hat and stand in the corner for a while.

--hide--

LOL. That's okay.

Jan 9th 2013 new

--hide--

First let me put out a disclaimer that I'm not being critical or anything I'm just trying to give you an honest answer to your question of what sorts of things give me second thoughts.

One is when she spells out that she only wants to be friends first. This is tough because while I am open to friendship and believe that a relationship should progress naturally for some reason seeing it in a profile sort of makes me hesitant. I can't explain it. I think that being a dating site it does amp up the level of intentionality just a tad and its not realistic to be friends with everyone that I want to connect with. I'm on here find someone I can cherish and adore.

Another one is when they list a love of frequent international travel. While I would love to see the world with someone I'm not well travelled myself and I love the joys of day to day life. I guess it makes me think I might be too much of a homebody for this person.

Like I said not criticisms just my random thought I probably just need to be stretched a bit.

Posts 1 - 10 of 31