Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 10th 2013 new

First I was intently very vague on purpose about the details for reasons that I will not go into here, about that
particular incident with that woman, and I will not go into the details in this forum because is not the direction I want this forum to go in, that is why I have also intently did not respond to any posts until now. You should know the singles group disband at the Church mostly because of it, that was over five years ago.. I had serious doubts about using that example anyways because that was not the direction I wanted it to go in, but this conversation did go in that direction, sadly. And from some posts it went down exactly the path that I knew it would, much to my regret. Yes, I do strongly believe one should first be an example for others to follow, and only do has we are instructed to do under the Spiritual Works of Mercy, the Second one being Admonish the Sinner, but we are all sinners, so it is moral irrelevant to admonish anyone, Am I to understand this from some of the posts? What about the Church's teaching on Social Sin? Did I mention I had started the group, and therefore had a moral obligation to the Church community having heard the words directly from the woman’s lips, and her "friends". The woman at the well sermon came to mind
rather quickly, which I was told "Not to let my Light shine so brightly", I wasn't quite sure how I was supposed to take that at the time. The Church would like me to start it again. I do not feel like wearing that particular bull’s-eye at this time. I brought many Catholics back to the Church by my actions, and was told by several Bishops, and Preists that I handle the situation excellently to all invovled in avioding scandal and harm to anyone. I have include the woman in my prayers for the last five years for reasons only know to God. I have never mention that to anyone until now, I have always wished the best for her, but I cannot honestly say that is mutual, that is up to God has it should be.

How can Non- Catholics, Non-Believers, and Atheist be Hypocrites? Was Gandhi a hypocrite when he said, "I like your Jesus Christ, It's those Christians I can't stand." Some people should speak for their own Grandmothers, I knew my Grandmother very, very, well, and she was
very open about her sexuality. She march to give woman the right to vote inthis country, but she very much disliked the feminist movement of the 60’s, she argued with my Aunt Patty over it at the time. My Grandmother believed it wouldlead to the destruction of the family. She believes in equality in the household, I was taught how to cook, care for babies, etc… since a young child, it was seen has family work.

Now the direction, I want it to go in was more the Social Sin direction. As anyone read, “Female Chauvinist Pigs: Women and the Rise of Rauch Culture”, by Ariel Levy? Have any of the men attend in their Parishes, the That Man Is You! Program? Perhaps, now we can go in a differnet direction? I will wait and watch and see if it does......

Posts 31 - 31 of 31