Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dear CMers,

As many of you know, I found a wonderful match on CM after quite a few years of being a member (Patrick-861636). I renewed my membership shortly after our courtship began so that we could have the support of the CM online community. The fora and blogs provided us with many topics of conversation during our discernment. My subscription is up on January 15th, and I will not be renewing. It is with both sadness and joy that I bid you all adieu.

Thank you all so much for your honesty and vulnerability you have shown in the fora. My faith has deepened from being a part of this dialogue, though I lurk more than comment. I encourage you all to continue posting with charity, so that the Light of Christ shines out of your words even through this difficult medium that is devoid of tone and facial expressions. Oh wait--emoticons!!!

biggrin scratchchin tongue hug Bow clap raspberry lil mikie highfive tongue

I would like to especially thank and recognize a few members who have made an impact on our courtship, or just flat-out impressed me with their postings (in no particular order. Im sure some of them dont even know the positive impact they have had.

CatholicMatch staff: Thank you. Youve provided this service, opening a door to my deepened faith and my future happiness and joy.

Donna-83441: Thank you, not only for your service as moderator that makes the forums so much more pleasant, but for the hope you bring members. Donnas list of CM success stories is proof that this CAN work. Thank you also for challenging members to broaden their search criteria, and to open themselves up to Gods Will, even if it be a 5 hour drive awayironically only 20 minutes from my brothers familyhmmm. I am sure Patrick and I will be contacting you to update that list.

Jerry-74383: When I first started reading the forums, I admit, I didnt like youbecause you posted truths that made me uncomfortable with how I lived my life. Sincerely, thank you for imparting your knowledge concisely, and sourcing your points from the Catechism, papal documents, etc so I can read the original source. Your words are carefully and thoughtfully chosen, and you are amazing at the not-so-pleasant moderator duties. I think you have the patience of a :vulcan: sometimes!

Dawn-58330: Lady Dawn! I hope you can read this, as I know you took a break (for a great reason!). I am impressed by your prayer warriorship (thats a word, right?) and your sincere writings. You are truly gifted, and I wish you the best. :veryhappy:

Joanna-615441: I truly admire your postings, and specifically the help you gave me on updating my profile. Someone found it very intriguing

Ray-566531: The resident gentleman welcomer of the fora. You once defended me when another poster went over the line, and I didnt know how to respond without starting a flame war. :knight: I am impressed with your ability to smooth the waters, clarifying matters, and in general, creating a great atmosphere here.

Victor-544727: Just great postings over the years. You are consistently a thumbs-up for me. I wish you much happiness and luck with your current connection. :thumbsup:

Tara-916865: Good luck with those Saints, my dear :hug:. I bet on the Green and Gold. You have a wonderful ability to find great thread topics, and to keep them going. Your positive attitude is welcomed. Unless you root against the Pack :mischievous: .

Dan-656112: Whenever I thought to write you off as a loony. yeah baby! Danimal you put the teasing aside and post brilliant truths that are charitable and clear.

Pat-5351: Thank you for your postings in the pink room which provide good information on how to keep safe. Love the new picture!

Kathy-635104: Fellow deer hunter! Youve got such great common-sense approaches to topics that I always enjoy.

Peter-449116: Seriously, thanks for all the photo tips youve posted. Your advice in other matters is always a thumbs-up from me! :thumbsup:

Kathleen-5781: Simply beautiful posts that are unfailingly charitable. Christ radiates from this awesome prayer warrior. :praying:

I know Ive missed a few! Pax et bonum!
01/10/2013 new

Rae thanks for your kindess, and your story is an inspiring one! All the best to you and Patrick. I hope everything works out well! Praying hug

01/10/2013 new

Thank you so much, Rae.

You don't know this, but I always thought very highly of both you and Patrick and really could not imagine why you were not spoken for. It was a blessing to see you as a couple and I wish you both all the best that God, life, faith and happiness can bring.

Take good care!

Kathy

01/10/2013 new

Good Luck to you and your man. God bless you both

01/10/2013 new
Wishing you and your honey all the best!!!! Congrats!!!!
01/10/2013 new
(Quote) Rae-242317 said: Dear CMers, As many of you know, I found a wonderful match on CM after quite a few years of being a ...
(Quote) Rae-242317 said: Dear CMers,

As many of you know, I found a wonderful match on CM after quite a few years of being a member (Patrick-861636). I renewed my membership shortly after our courtship began so that we could have the support of the CM online community. The fora and blogs provided us with many topics of conversation during our discernment. My subscription is up on January 15th, and I will not be renewing. It is with both sadness and joy that I bid you all adieu.

Thank you all so much for your honesty and vulnerability you have shown in the fora. My faith has deepened from being a part of this dialogue, though I lurk more than comment. I encourage you all to continue posting with charity, so that the Light of Christ shines out of your words even through this difficult medium that is devoid of tone and facial expressions. Oh wait--emoticons!!!

I would like to especially thank and recognize a few members who have made an impact on our courtship, or just flat-out impressed me with their postings (in no particular order. Im sure some of them dont even know the positive impact they have had.

CatholicMatch staff: Thank you. Youve provided this service, opening a door to my deepened faith and my future happiness and joy.

Donna-83441: Thank you, not only for your service as moderator that makes the forums so much more pleasant, but for the hope you bring members. Donnas list of CM success stories is proof that this CAN work. Thank you also for challenging members to broaden their search criteria, and to open themselves up to Gods Will, even if it be a 5 hour drive awayironically only 20 minutes from my brothers familyhmmm. I am sure Patrick and I will be contacting you to update that list.

Jerry-74383: When I first started reading the forums, I admit, I didnt like youbecause you posted truths that made me uncomfortable with how I lived my life. Sincerely, thank you for imparting your knowledge concisely, and sourcing your points from the Catechism, papal documents, etc so I can read the original source. Your words are carefully and thoughtfully chosen, and you are amazing at the not-so-pleasant moderator duties. I think you have the patience of a sometimes!

Dawn-58330: Lady Dawn! I hope you can read this, as I know you took a break (for a great reason!). I am impressed by your prayer warriorship (thats a word, right?) and your sincere writings. You are truly gifted, and I wish you the best.

Joanna-615441: I truly admire your postings, and specifically the help you gave me on updating my profile. Someone found it very intriguing

Ray-566531: The resident gentleman welcomer of the fora. You once defended me when another poster went over the line, and I didnt know how to respond without starting a flame war. I am impressed with your ability to smooth the waters, clarifying matters, and in general, creating a great atmosphere here.

Victor-544727: Just great postings over the years. You are consistently a thumbs-up for me. I wish you much happiness and luck with your current connection.

Tara-916865: Good luck with those Saints, my dear . I bet on the Green and Gold. You have a wonderful ability to find great thread topics, and to keep them going. Your positive attitude is welcomed. Unless you root against the Pack .

Dan-656112: Whenever I thought to write you off as a loony. yeah baby! Danimal you put the teasing aside and post brilliant truths that are charitable and clear.

Pat-5351: Thank you for your postings in the pink room which provide good information on how to keep safe. Love the new picture!

Kathy-635104: Fellow deer hunter! Youve got such great common-sense approaches to topics that I always enjoy.

Peter-449116: Seriously, thanks for all the photo tips youve posted. Your advice in other matters is always a thumbs-up from me!

Kathleen-5781: Simply beautiful posts that are unfailingly charitable. Christ radiates from this awesome prayer warrior.

I know Ive missed a few! Pax et bonum!
--hide--

Ack! Can't have one last post without the fora taking away my apostrophes and random emoticons! laughing And I thought I attached a picture! Second try!
01/10/2013 new

How thoughtful of you, Rae, to share both your gratitude to others, and to share your "Last First Christmas Together" photo! Many blessings to you and Patrick in your future as a holy, married couple. Thank YOU for radiating your own Christian beacon for all of us! hug Praying

01/10/2013 new

(Quote) Rae-242317 said: Dear CMers, As many of you know, I found a wonderful match on CM after quite a few years of being ...
(Quote) Rae-242317 said: Dear CMers,

--hide--

Best of luck to the both of you. Remember that He walks right beside you through life.

01/10/2013 new
I am gonna cry. So happy for you. Phillip, take good care of our girl.
01/10/2013 new
Crap! I mean Patrick! Patrick take good care of our girl.

Okay, who's Phillip? Phillip, you are next whoever you are!
Posts 1 - 10 of 25