Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

This is what American citizens voted for on November 6th. God is out, evil is in:

www.all.org

Jan 10th 2013 new

Yep. The truth is they've been in our public schools at least since I was in school in the late 1970's and early 1980's. Health class was an advertisement for them. Our Lady of America, pray for us.

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Yep. The truth is they've been in our public schools at least since I was in school in the lat...
(Quote) John-746882 said:

Yep. The truth is they've been in our public schools at least since I was in school in the late 1970's and early 1980's. Health class was an advertisement for them. Our Lady of America, pray for us.

--hide--
I had two stepsons in school in the 70's & 80's, and I'm embarrassed to say I had no idea. Got this information from our Pro Life chairman in our KofC Council.

Jan 10th 2013 new

Yes, I can remember back even in fifth and sixth grades we were being taught population control, via their scare tactics. If it wasn't for my Mom's influence, I might have believed every word they said. It's sad. Our Lady of America, pray for us.

Jan 10th 2013 new

Maybe, just maybe, parents will start considering Catholic schooling for their kids.

Jan 10th 2013 new

im in catholic now,with my 3 kids, making huge financial sacrafice, its not always perfect with what their textbooks teach but it is DIFFERENT for sure than most public. Its really what goes on at home is what TRULY matters. and without getting into my sob story...I have many regrets. :(

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Lynette-852719 said: Maybe, just maybe, parents will start considering Catholic schooling for their kids.
(Quote) Lynette-852719 said:

Maybe, just maybe, parents will start considering Catholic schooling for their kids.

--hide--

I would hope that Catholic schools would never allow Planned Parenthood in their door. Unfortunately, a lot of them may not let PP in but they have introduced sex ed courses that may as well have been written by PP.

With the exodus of so many nuns out of the life and the change to Social Justice as the work for some of the old teaching congregations CAtholic schgools are often run and staff by lay peoiple. And with the poor training so many of those who are teachers today, a lot of pure nonsens (in Catholic terms) is being fed to catholic scholl children.

A God help us when tthe kids hit college. The number of Catholic Colleges which are truly Catholic is pretty slim, less than 30 natioanlly as rated by the Newmann Society.

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: This is what American citizens voted for on November 6th. God is out, evil is in: http://w...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

This is what American citizens voted for on November 6th. God is out, evil is in:

www.all.org

--hide--

As a teacher, I'd rather be disciplined for not teaching planned parenthood than ruin the minds and lives of young children.

Jan 13th 2013 new

Thank you all for spreading the word about outrageous "sex education". I went to a conservative Catholic school which fortunately avoided such troubling curricula. Otherwise, I have little or no personal experience with the issue.

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Lynette-852719 said: Maybe, just maybe, parents will start considering Catholic schooling for their kids.
(Quote) Lynette-852719 said:

--hide--

When I was traching Religious Education (CCD) at our local parish 11 years ago or so, colleagues told me that Planned Parenhood was already giving presentations to our kids in the Catholic schools here in San Diego. My daughter also confirmed the rampant sex and drugs at the Catholic school here in San Diego which made me wonder if we were getting anything for our tuition money.

The first time I took the Basic Catechetical Formation Course (training for RE teachers) here, one of the fellow catechists volunteered to work at Planned Parenthood. When I expressed my opinion that Planned Parenhood was the manifestation of Satan here on Earth, and asked her how she could do that as a Catholic, she said well, they do some good stuff too and she was just doing the "good" stuff. I was horrified, but realized further argument with such a mind was futile. What was even more disappointing was that the nun teaching the course said nothing against the what the PP worker had said and nothing against the idea of her participation in that organization. I quit the course shortly thereafter.

Several years later I suffered through a heretical and blasphemous Basic Catechetical Formation (Deformation?) Course in the north county part of San Diego just to get the certificate. It was a painful and damaging experience for many of us catechists in the course. And we wonder why Catholics vote for Obama!

Personally, I'm not sure I would waste the money on Catholic schools again. Doesn't seem to be much difference anymore in terms of theology, formation, behavior, and the math and science education is usually quite inferior to that in the public schools. Sad to say, but that is reality in Southern California anyway. I would get the best education at whatever school was available and teach religion personally in my home.

Posts 1 - 10 of 10