Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 11th 2013 new

It has been a major problem for decades that doesn't get anywhere near the publicity it deserves. But other than prayer, I don't know what to do about it. Got any suggestions?

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: blogs.reuters.com.
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

blogs.reuters.com

--hide--

You know Peter, with the Arab Spring, I think it is going to get a lot worse for Christians.

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: It has been a major problem for decades that doesn't get anywhere near the publicity it deserv...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

It has been a major problem for decades that doesn't get anywhere near the publicity it deserves. But other than prayer, I don't know what to do about it. Got any suggestions?

--hide--
the Holy Father is very concerned about this, and I hope he continues to use his influence to make a difference. I wish I had an answer other than prayer. theheart rosary

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: You know Peter, with the Arab Spring, I think it is going to get a lot worse for Chris...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

You know Peter, with the Arab Spring, I think it is going to get a lot worse for Christians.

--hide--
I don't doubt that one bit Marianne. I forget who said this, but the gist of it was that countries have to go through many years of struggle before they can ultimately evolve from a dictatorship into a democracy. Look what happened to the former Yugoslavia. It was peaceful under Tito because he ruled by fear. The Arab Spring is no different- overthrowing dictatorships released frustrated fanatics, and minorities suffered. The victims after the breakup of Yugoslavia were Muslims, whereas the victims of the Arab Spring are primarily Christians. Dictatorships seem to be peaceful and efficient, but there is so much repressed hatred beneath the surface. Before the British and French created countries in the Middle East to suit themselves, all faiths lived together in relative harmony even under the Ottoman Empire. The world is paying the price for that meddling. Wish I had an answer.

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I don't doubt that one bit Marianne. I forget who said this, but the gist of it was that coun...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I don't doubt that one bit Marianne. I forget who said this, but the gist of it was that countries have to go through many years of struggle before they can ultimately evolve from a dictatorship into a democracy. Look what happened to the former Yugoslavia. It was peaceful under Tito because he ruled by fear. The Arab Spring is no different- overthrowing dictatorships released frustrated fanatics, and minorities suffered. The victims after the breakup of Yugoslavia were Muslims, whereas the victims of the Arab Spring are primarily Christians. Dictatorships seem to be peaceful and efficient, but there is so much repressed hatred beneath the surface. Before the British and French created countries in the Middle East to suit themselves, all faiths lived together in relative harmony even under the Ottoman Empire. The world is paying the price for that meddling. Wish I had an answer.

--hide--

It would be good if you had an answer. I don't think anyone does at this point.

Posts 1 - 6 of 6