Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I really don't want a LDR want someone who under hundred miles . Read where many have worked . that's OK for them . I want close relationship, marriage going to church together/ sharing God together . But it seems the further away the more talkative . Closer they are the more silent , invisible maybe not even a payed member . comments

Jan 12th 2013 new

Michael what you have stated is so true. It could be too that some members are unable to respond. We know everyone looks at this different whether the relationship is local or long distance.

Jan 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Michael-556947 said: I really don't want a LDR want someone who under hundred miles . Read where many have worked . th...
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

I really don't want a LDR want someone who under hundred miles . Read where many have worked . that's OK for them . I want close relationship, marriage going to church together/ sharing God together . But it seems the further away the more talkative . Closer they are the more silent , invisible maybe not even a payed member . comments

--hide--

This is a great topic and I have noticed the same thing myself. I think many people who do not want LDRs feel more comfortable communicating with people far away for friendship purposes only. It's as if the pressure is off since there's less of a chance of falling for that person. However, this is a great way to make friends and maybe something more will develop. Don't turn away women who live far or rule out an LDR, especially if the women has willing to relocate in her profile. Ya never know.
Jan 12th 2013 new

I will never close the door on an LDR.. But I will only move if I am close enough to make family events reasonably easy to attend.. I have 7 grandkids in the state and I don't want to be grandma by webcam..I have often said 'No more than an 8 hour drive by car' If I can leave my house at 8 am and be there by dinner time I will consider it..

Jan 12th 2013 new

I get what you're saying here, Michael. There is a certain safety with distance. I was initially mystified (& mortified) by no response until I discovered that people can profile without subscription. And there are certainly those who are here to pass the time of day and have no other agenda or intentions.

You're not the first and won't be the last to suffer with this conundrum. I wish you the best and with perciverence, I pray that you will eventually find the girl of your dreams just a short walk from your house.

Wouldn't that be sweet?

Jan 12th 2013 new

Many put will to travel and open to relocating . One who said she willing noticed what she wrote and changed it . For myself My job is here , own my home and have a son who fourteen . Relocating is impossible and LDR are very hard .

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: Many put will to travel and open to relocating . One who said she willing noticed what she wro...

Many put will to travel and open to relocating . One who said she willing noticed what she wrote and changed it . For myself My job is here , own my home and have a son who fourteen . Relocating is impossible and LDR are very hard .

--hide--

Mike not picking on you but why not take a look at your statements again...

"I want close relationship, marriage going to church together/ sharing God together ."

"Relocating is impossible and LDR are very hard"

I don't know your situation and only you can judge it... But how do you know how things would work out if you opened yourself to anyone rather than just someone within 100 miles.

First you say "I want" but is it what you need or what God wants for you.

Then you say relocating is "imposible" but in God all things are possible. (Matt 19:26)

Then you say an LDR is "very hard" but there are many things in life that are very hard does that mean you should avoid them?

Like I said not picking on you (I have been there many times) just pointing out some things so that maybe you can look at things from a different perspective.

Shortly before I met my wife on CatholicMatch I had sworn off LDR and then I met her and she was 1400 miles away. Had I ruled her out simply because of distance we would have never gotten married.

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Mike not picking on you but why not take a look at your statements again... "...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

"I want close relationship, marriage going to church together/ sharing God together ."

I don't know your situation and only you can judge it... But how do you know how things would work out if you opened yourself to anyone rather than just someone within 100 miles.

Then you say relocating is "imposible" but in God all things are possible. (Matt 19:26)

Then you say an LDR is "very hard" but there are many things in life that are very hard does that mean you should avoid them?

Like I said not picking on you (I have been there many times) just pointing out some things so that maybe you can look at things from a different perspective.

Shortly before I met my wife on CatholicMatch I had sworn off LDR and then I met her and she was 1400 miles away. Had I ruled her out simply because of distance we would have never gotten married.

--hide--
He fourteen

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: Many put will to travel and open to relocating . One who said she willing noticed what she wrot...

--hide--

Michael...Several years ago a guy named Doug from California who had custody of his 4 children met a woman named Anne who had 6 children and lived in Kentucky.. He works for the government..He was able to arrange a transfer to KY and moved his 4 children to KY to marry her..

Also a few years ago a lady named Marcy with 6 kids from Missouri met a man named Brett who lived in Florida and was a widower with almost as many kids.. She moved her family of 6 kids to Florida to marry Brett..

Like Brian said.. It's not impossible..People are making the decision to move for love every day on this very site.. It's only impossible if YOU make it so.. I can name any number of women here who would have no issue whatsoever with moving. Being positive and putting yourself out there as a happy positive guy will get you more bees to the honey.. Can't, can't, can't will get you a lot of 'No's'..

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Mike not picking on you but why not take a look at your statements again... "...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

--hide--

I'll admit... wave i'm guilty of the same kind of thinking.. eyebrow faint

Posts 1 - 10 of 33