Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

You've said it a million times, I WILL NOT engage in a serious relationship with someone who doesn't share my faith. I've been down that road before and it didn't work. Does it mean I will experience pure bliss with a Catholic woman? I know many Catholics who are divorcing, nobody in my family of course. Where are all the Catholic women? Whenever I meet someone Catholic out there in the real world, she isn't practicing. Should I stick to my guns? Living in San Diego I meet a lot of women, but most are non-religious. Even if they were religious, if they aren't Catholic they aren't for me.

How many of you out there feel like me? Obviously most of you otherwise we wouldn't be here right? I am not going to give in and sell out, it's a Catholic woman or NOTHING!!!

01/12/2013 new

Go for it, Patrick. It's one of the basic Precepts of the Church (Which I ignored the first time around & that issue ended up being the central one that finally broke up our marriage -- the fact that I was actually raising our children as Catholics).

So, stick to your guns, you know what's right. Why compromise? Praying for you, God bless!

01/12/2013 new

I can handle being a woman who is not "Catholic" as long as she understands that our children MUST be raised as Catholic and that I and my family WILL attend Catholic Mass and will be open to attending services as a family with her. I believe that if she is a gift from and the will of God her heart will soften and the light will shine through me. I too made the mistake the first (and only) go round of not seeking a Catholic bride.

01/12/2013 new

Hello Patrick,
My name is Bob. I wholeheartedly agree with your concerns! On my end, I live in 3 different States for 4 months at a time. Now switching homes has been a major adjustment, in each place, I have met a couple/few Catholic Ladies, however we are both hesitant to enter into a relationship when I will be moving soon. The only way, I can stay focused and not give up hope is the following very true saying: "In God's eyes, the past, the present and the future are all the same." So Patrick, my advice to you is to just look for the signs, God will give you!
Sincerely, your friend in Christ, Bob

01/12/2013 new

Catholic is most important annulled is not . but its all what God plan is .

01/12/2013 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: Catholic is most important annulled is not
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

Catholic is most important annulled is not

--hide--

What is the motivation to enter into a serious relationship with someone you may come to discover some time down the road is not able to marry you?

01/12/2013 new

Thanks Bob, I know what it's like to move around a lot as well. THanks for your advice! Good luck to you as well. Patrick

01/12/2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-82751 said: You've said it a million times, I WILL NOT engage in a serious relationship with someone who...
(Quote) Patrick-82751 said:

You've said it a million times, I WILL NOT engage in a serious relationship with someone who doesn't share my faith. I've been down that road before and it didn't work. Does it mean I will experience pure bliss with a Catholic woman? I know many Catholics who are divorcing, nobody in my family of course. Where are all the Catholic women? Whenever I meet someone Catholic out there in the real world, she isn't practicing. Should I stick to my guns? Living in San Diego I meet a lot of women, but most are non-religious. Even if they were religious, if they aren't Catholic they aren't for me.

How many of you out there feel like me? Obviously most of you otherwise we wouldn't be here right? I am not going to give in and sell out, it's a Catholic woman or NOTHING!!!

--hide--

Hi, Patrick.

Welcome to the forums. You'll find a plethora of wonderful, faithful practicing Catholic women here.

I find seeking a Catholic spouse is fundamental to marriage. As I tell my children, there are good people in every denomination, but marriage isn't always easy, and sharing the same religious values helps get you over those bumps. I wouldn't have it any other way!

May God bless your search.

01/12/2013 new

There's nothing wrong with this approach at all. In fact, it's commendable.

I suspect a lot of folks here on CM would be better off if everyone had the same resolve. Personally, there is nothing more disappointing (tragic, even) to meet a fine young Catholic lady, only to have things get unsettled when it's clear to me that my Catholicism (and, by extension, hers) is no more important than whether I like her dog, I am willing to relocate, I am good with kids, etc.

01/12/2013 new

Thanks Tom, and I agree 100%. I finally meet someone Catholic and she says....."well I was raised Catholic", but I don't really go to church or follow it anymore. This is better than someone who isn't religious. Ironically, I find it more difficult to date some bible thumping christian who thinks all us Catholics are bad people for praying to Mary or our devotion to the saints etc...... I know there is a great Catholic Woman out there for us all and patience is the key.

Posts 1 - 10 of 16