Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

My mom keeps telling me if I want to meet a fine Catholic Woman, go to church. I do go to church but I am in the Navy and have no time at present to get involved with my parish other than attending mass and Holy Days.

You can't go up to some girl after mass and say, "I noticed you didn't have a ring, are you single or have a boyfriend?, I'd like to take you out sometime....I mean come on, give me a break, we are supposed to be there to give thanks and praise to the Lord, not scope out babes right?

I just remember as a kid growing up always looking up at all the cute girls walking up to communion when I should have beenb praying. Now I am praying and hardly notice single women at mass. I had to laugh at my mother and at myself as I am writing this. You can't go to mass to pick up babes right? However you can get involved with your parish and try and meet someone that way?? With my schedule, sometimes I go to a different parish every other Sunday. I have absolutely no time to play guitar at mass or be a lectern or anything like that. Where is the best place to meet compatible Catholic women? I guess if we all had the answer to these questions we wouldn't be on here. Well that's not true, this site has other awesome information and benefits other than trying to find a Catholic partner.

Jan 12th 2013 new

I think church is a fine place to meet a good woman. A man and woman must keep their eyes and heart open and pray about it also.

You can't exactly go up to a woman and say all you delineated there but there is something you CAN say. If the church has coffee after mass, then there should be a place to start a conversation there. I would simply ask if they want to go have coffee if it is available after mass.

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-82751 said: My mom keeps telling me if I want to meet a fine Catholic Woman, go to church. I do go to church...
(Quote) Patrick-82751 said:

My mom keeps telling me if I want to meet a fine Catholic Woman, go to church. I do go to church but I am in the Navy and have no time at present to get involved with my parish other than attending mass and Holy Days.

You can't go up to some girl after mass and say, "I noticed you didn't have a ring, are you single or have a boyfriend?, I'd like to take you out sometime....I mean come on, give me a break, we are supposed to be there to give thanks and praise to the Lord, not scope out babes right?

I just remember as a kid growing up always looking up at all the cute girls walking up to communion when I should have beenb praying. Now I am praying and hardly notice single women at mass. I had to laugh at my mother and at myself as I am writing this. You can't go to mass to pick up babes right? However you can get involved with your parish and try and meet someone that way?? With my schedule, sometimes I go to a different parish every other Sunday. I have absolutely no time to play guitar at mass or be a lectern or anything like that. Where is the best place to meet compatible Catholic women? I guess if we all had the answer to these questions we wouldn't be on here. Well that's not true, this site has other awesome information and benefits other than trying to find a Catholic partner.

--hide--
Seems like there have to be some nice Catholic women in the Navy, Patrick. Can you post on a community bulletin board at the Exchange or Commissary for others like you, who would like to drive to Mass together? Maybe host a prayer meeting or rosary group on Base?

Jan 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-82751 said: My mom keeps telling me if I want to meet a fine Catholic Woman, go to church. I do go to church but I am in ...

--hide--

I figure church or church functions are a good place to meet people....not usually any single guys in my parish.....lol
Jan 12th 2013 new

Beverly, that's actually a great idea, however I have never dated anyone in the Navy. I am involved with my ship as far as Mass underways on deployment. I don't live on base though. I am a Southern Californian native and have lived in San Diego for 11 years from Orange County before joining the Navy. Great ideas though if I were looking for a Catholic Navy girl. Most people in the Navy are kids though and I joined at 33 so I am significantly older than those I would be interested in dating.

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-82751 said: Beverly, that's actually a great idea, however I have never dated anyone in the Navy. I am i...

Beverly, that's actually a great idea, however I have never dated anyone in the Navy. I am involved with my ship as far as Mass underways on deployment. I don't live on base though. I am a Southern Californian native and have lived in San Diego for 11 years from Orange County before joining the Navy. Great ideas though if I were looking for a Catholic Navy girl. Most people in the Navy are kids though and I joined at 33 so I am significantly older than those I would be interested in dating.

--hide--
Ok, Patrick, then how about a nearby Reservist group? Most have duty on weekends, and you could offer to meet after Saturday drill, and then go to Sat. eve Mass. Find out where the nearest churches are to the Reserve Unit drill place, stake out a nearby coffee place (just saw your other thread, and YES, YES, by all means, go up and introduce yourself and offer to have coffee sometime!), and see what happens...

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Ok, Patrick, then how about a nearby Reservist group? Most have duty on weekends, and you could...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Ok, Patrick, then how about a nearby Reservist group? Most have duty on weekends, and you could offer to meet after Saturday drill, and then go to Sat. eve Mass. Find out where the nearest churches are to the Reserve Unit drill place, stake out a nearby coffee place (just saw your other thread, and YES, YES, by all means, go up and introduce yourself and offer to have coffee sometime!), and see what happens...

--hide--
The reason I say this, is because my husband and I would meet up with others from his Reserve Unit in Sacramento or SFran, and we'd have a number of us go out to dinner on Saturday night. Some of us would meet first at the closest church for Mass, and then join the others for dinner. There would be a mix of marrieds and singles...so you'd be in with the right age group, and it would have a common uniting feeling with the Navy background. I still keep in touch with those friends from years ago! Good luck!

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: The reason I say this, is because my husband and I would meet up with others from his Reserve U...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

The reason I say this, is because my husband and I would meet up with others from his Reserve Unit in Sacramento or SFran, and we'd have a number of us go out to dinner on Saturday night. Some of us would meet first at the closest church for Mass, and then join the others for dinner. There would be a mix of marrieds and singles...so you'd be in with the right age group, and it would have a common uniting feeling with the Navy background. I still keep in touch with those friends from years ago! Good luck!

--hide--

Beverly, This sounds GREAT!

Jan 12th 2013 new

I think if you go to different churches in your area or better yet,maybe participate in a theology on tap you may find someone that sparks an interest :)

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-82751 said: My mom keeps telling me if I want to meet a fine Catholic Woman, go to church. I do go to church...

--hide--

I think that's why some archdioceses started Theology of Tap. But, it's supposedly for the 20's and 30's. I brought my almost 39 year old sister with me last month, but she looks younger than her age. Some have asked if she's in college. laughing So I guess she felt comfortable there since she said she'd come to another one.

Posts 1 - 10 of 28