Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

If a complete stranger who attended the same mass as you did walked up to you afterwards, introduced himself and said he would love to get to know you better over dinner or coffee or anything? Romantic and admiring for having the courage to do so, or totally awkward and inappropriate??

This is something I feel every single Catholic guy has thought about, but would never have the you know what's it to do...lol.

Would love some honest feedback from all the single ladies out there what they would do if this ever happened to them, if it has ever happened, or if any guys have ever done anything like this. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to do this, as if in some movie, but never would have the courage to do, thinking it inappropriate, embarrassing or just weird!!

Patrick

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-82751 said: If a complete stranger who attended the same mass as you did walked up to you afterwards, introd...
(Quote) Patrick-82751 said:

If a complete stranger who attended the same mass as you did walked up to you afterwards, introduced himself and said he would love to get to know you better over dinner or coffee or anything? Romantic and admiring for having the courage to do so, or totally awkward and inappropriate??

This is something I feel every single Catholic guy has thought about, but would never have the you know what's it to do...lol.

Would love some honest feedback from all the single ladies out there what they would do if this ever happened to them, if it has ever happened, or if any guys have ever done anything like this. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to do this, as if in some movie, but never would have the courage to do, thinking it inappropriate, embarrassing or just weird!!

Patrick

--hide--

Go for it! Seize the day! But to be successful, think of something humorous or cute to start with to put her at ease - don't just lead off with the invite.

Jan 12th 2013 new
[quote]Patrick-82751 said:

Patrick

I would love it!!!
Jan 12th 2013 new
Sorry. That didn't show up well.

I was saying...

I would love it!!! biggrin
Jan 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-82751 said: If a complete stranger who attended the same mass as you did walked up to you afterwards, introduced himself a...
(Quote) Patrick-82751 said:

Patrick

--hide--

I actually had that happen to me. (But the guy did not use the word "love" which can be a little intense). Just walk up and say Hi, my name is Patrick and I was wondering if you would like to go for coffee. It is spur of the moment and if she can't because she is busy after Mass, just tell her to let you know if she would like to when she's available. After that when you see her, I would smile, say hello, but nothing else unless she gives you the impression she would like you to ask her again (that's usually done by eye contact and a smile).

If she says yes, be sure to have a coffee spot picked out if she doesn't already have one in mind.

Just to let you know, me and the guy had a nice coffee visit. Unfortunately, his wife had only been deceased about 6 months and he just wasn't ready to get involved with anyone at that time.
Jan 12th 2013 new

There is nothing wrong with that Patrick. It would show your not afraid to take chance and put yourself out there. You never know unless you try. What better place to meet someone than at church.

Jan 12th 2013 new

Go for it...it would be romantic biggrin

Jan 12th 2013 new
Do you know anyone she knows in church? it would be a good idea for someone who knows her and you to introduce both of you for her to see that you are not a complete stranger. Otherwise, try the idea of humor or a smile to see what type of reply you get back. Good luck.
Jan 12th 2013 new
Patrick,

If the problem is you feel it is inappropriate to approach a woman in the church, which is understandable, then speak to her outside after you leave mass. What better time to start a relationship/friendship than after you have recieved communion and are filled with Christ's love.
Jan 12th 2013 new

Yes I meant outside after mass.

Posts 1 - 10 of 79