Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Your Memories Of Nov 22 1963

Jan 12th 2013 new

This is the 50th year of the JFK Asasinations.

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: This is the 50th year of the JFK Asasinations.
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

--hide--

I wasn't around at the time. There is much that is mysterious about the asassination.

One book about the subject I've been most impressed by is "JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why it Matters" by James Douglass. One of the best things about it is how he shows the thread of these events through released documentation and the testimony of witnesses, thus putting to rest the contention that this couldn't have been a conspiracy because "somebody would have talked" (which is the title of a book with the opposing view, also found through Amazon).

www.amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Jan 12th 2013 new

I remember sitting on the floor of my Kindergarten classroom, early one November afternoon. A voice (perhaps Daisy, the school secretary who made the daily announcements) came over the intercom, the big speaker way up on the wall, announcing that school is being dismissed, as the President has just been shot. I also remember being off school for a few days, and my mother watching the funeral on our b/w TV. I remember the hearse, which my little neighbor friend and I kept calling the "hearse rent-a-car". I remember upsetting my mother my saying "this should happen more often", meaning (in my six-year-old mind) "we should get days off from school more often", but my mother didn't care for my comment. Sorry mom.

Ironically, President Kennedy had just been to our town a few weeks earlier, to grant "pardon" to a mongoose (illegal to possess in the US at that time) that had been donated to our local zoo by someone from the foreign ships that visit our harbour. I remember that visit as well.

Jan 12th 2013 new

--hide--
I was a senior in high school, and we were called together in our auditorium. The principal made the announcement and I recall stunned silence followed by sobs throughout the crowd. For some reason, I had to take the bus downtown and I remember passengers crying. I still have my DC Transit bus transfer dated November 22, 1963. The next day, I was taking my E3 exam at the Naval Air Facility at Andrews AFB, when someone walked in to say that Oswald had just been shot by Jack Ruby. My Knights of Columbus Council is named after JFK.

Jan 12th 2013 new

--hide--
I was in school, just before our lunch break, and attended a one-room school house. It was my week to raise and lower the flag--only one of two in the entire community. The school was the central building of the very tiny scientific community, where we lived (an astronomical observatory), and all the working folks would stop and get the kids to take home for lunch. The Head of Maintenance for the Observatory came in and whispered something to our teacher, Mrs. Carlisle. She burst into tears, and told us our President was assassinated...

I will NEVER FORGET the job of going out and lowering the flag to half-mast, in front of most of that rural community, who had gathered in shock and tears....

Jan 12th 2013 new

--hide--

Since I was only two I can't say I have memories except what was told me later.....my Mom said she was ironing with me playing in my playpen, she said she turned off the iron and held me while she cried for awhile.....
Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: I wasn't around at the time. There is much that is mysterious about the asassinatio...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

I wasn't around at the time. There is much that is mysterious about the asassination.

One book about the subject I've been most impressed by is "JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why it Matters" by James Douglass. One of the best things about it is how he shows the thread of these events through released documentation and the testimony of witnesses, thus putting to rest the contention that this couldn't have been a conspiracy because "somebody would have talked" (which is the title of a book with the opposing view, also found through Amazon).

www.amazon.com

www.amazon.com

--hide--

I was and it happened just three days after my third Birthday.

Jan 12th 2013 new

Interesting related sidenote:

www.foxnews.com

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Interesting related sidenote: www.foxnews.com.
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Interesting related sidenote:

www.foxnews.com

--hide--

Here is an interview with James Douglass and Lew Rockwell on the JFK assassination.

www.lewrockwell.com

Before people dismiss the idea of the Kennedy assassination as having a circle of responsiblity within the U.S. government, it should be stipulated that such a finding has been given by a court ruling in December 8, 1999 for the assassination of Martin Luther King in 1968.

ratical.org

Jan 13th 2013 new

I was not alive then, but my parents, aunts and uncles remember it well. I anticipate a lot of discussion later this year.

--hide--

Posts 1 - 10 of 11