Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Stop Bashing the US

Jan 13th 2013 new

This is the second time I've heard of foreigners coming to our country making millions through music or movies, going back to their country and bashing the US. Jackie Chan just recently announced in his native country (China) that the US is the most corrupt country in the world. With the current state of our country I know we need to work on some major issues. However, who does he think he is? Talk about calling the kettle black!
Your thoughts on this annoying subject... irked

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: This is the second time I've heard of foreigners coming to our country making millions throug...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

This is the second time I've heard of foreigners coming to our country making millions through music or movies, going back to their country and bashing the US. Jackie Chan just recently announced in his native country (China) that the US is the most corrupt country in the world. With the current state of our country I know we need to work on some major issues. However, who does he think he is? Talk about calling the kettle black!
Your thoughts on this annoying subject...

--hide--

Even though I enjoy Jackie Chan and his movies, I think it is terrible that he critizes the US in public.

America is far from the most corrupt countries in the world.

As a matter of fact, compared to his native China, which is Communist, Chan should be expressing
the good of America and its freedoms. The internet in China is all controlled. Chinese are
controlled. If that is his preference, so be it. He could have learned a lot from American freedom.

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Even though I enjoy Jackie Chan and his movies, I think it is terrible that he cr...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Even though I enjoy Jackie Chan and his movies, I think it is terrible that he critizes the US in public.

America is far from the most corrupt countries in the world.

As a matter of fact, compared to his native China, which is Communist, Chan should be expressing
the good of America and its freedoms. The internet in China is all controlled. Chinese are
controlled. If that is his preference, so be it. He could have learned a lot from American freedom.

--hide--
I understand as imperfect as our nation is, it is one of the most desired countries in the world. This has been told to me by people who are living in this country temporarily and wish they could stay. Thanks for your comment, Marianne.

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: I understand as imperfect as our nation is, it is one of the most desired countries in th...

I understand as imperfect as our nation is, it is one of the most desired countries in the world. This has been told to me by people who are living in this country temporarily and wish they could stay. Thanks for your comment, Marianne.

--hide--

In the past. Not today.

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: In the past. Not today.
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

In the past. Not today.

--hide--
How so, Jerry?

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: This is the second time I've heard of foreigners coming to our country making millions throug...

Your thoughts on this annoying subject...

--hide--

In theory, I am with you Nilda. However, our politicians are corrupt which makes our government corrupt. It could be that politics by definition is corrupt wherever it is found. Maybe if we had more Americans fussing about our corrupt government it could be cleaned up, but I am not too hopeful.

As for the foreigners...I am afraid too many of them own too much American real estate. I'm pretty disillusioned these days.

- Elizabeth

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: In theory, I am with you Nilda. However, our politicians are corrupt which makes...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

In theory, I am with you Nilda. However, our politicians are corrupt which makes our government corrupt. It could be that politics by definition is corrupt wherever it is found. Maybe if we had more Americans fussing about our corrupt government it could be cleaned up, but I am not too hopeful.

As for the foreigners...I am afraid too many of them own too much American real estate. I'm pretty disillusioned these days.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

P.S. I love and miss the America of our youth. John Wayne and General Patton took care of business and the June Cleaver's of America took care of home.

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: P.S. I love and miss the America of our youth. John Wayne and General Patton too...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

P.S. I love and miss the America of our youth. John Wayne and General Patton took care of business and the June Cleaver's of America took care of home.

--hide--
True. We had a true sense of security. Not too much today...

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:However, who does he think he is? Talk about calling the kettle black!
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:However, who does he think he is? Talk about calling the kettle black!

--hide--
clap Wolf Whistle United States Flag

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: How so, Jerry?

How so, Jerry?

--hide--

We have a dictator in the making as president; a country full of people too stupid, too self-absorbed, or both to recognize this even after watching the warm-up for 4 years, and a large number of politicians with no apparent ethical or moral spine.

The snowball is rollong downhill and it's gaining momentum - and size - very quickly. I will get increasingly difficult to dodge out of its way.

Posts 1 - 10 of 24