Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

01/14/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: OK, Shara -- ya got me!!! Yes -- Meg is a fun person with a lot of class.
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

OK, Shara -- ya got me!!! Yes -- Meg is a fun person with a lot of class.

--hide--

Well, thank you, Ray! theheart

01/14/2013 new

I would love to snow ski for a whole week...nice powder, not too cold, and wonderful evenings by a fire laughing with friends.

01/14/2013 new

Today, I dream of receiving the job for which I interview tomorrow. I dream of continuing to progress toward a new life, happy, healthy and holy.

01/14/2013 new
editorial.autos.msn.com

So I saw the news feed earlier & I would love to have the new Corvette Stingray... scratchchin scratchchin shhh Someday when I win the lottery that is.... wink laughing laughing
01/14/2013 new

I would like to own and operate a ballroom.

01/14/2013 new

It would be great to have a national/internatal CM get together. Of course, Kansas City or St. Louis seems 'in the middle' so the appropriate location. laughing THAT would be great to meet friends in person...a dream, yes.

01/24/2013 new
My dream for today is to live in a peaceful little house, with room for a garden, the temps are not as cold as here in Kansas City, there are children coming and going to read to and bake for and hug, and a lawn to mow. The neighbors appreciate a wave hello and friends like to come over for bbq's, laughter and intellectually stimulating conversation. Life is simple, the Church is close by for visits and daily Masses and offers many ways to get involved, like Altar Society dinners, etc. (One of my fondest childhood memories is helping my mother and sister at the Parish dinners, working in the kitchen, bussing tables, etc.)

I would also like a corner market or cafe where 'regulars' meet and 'everybody knows your name'. A local evening spot is desired too...where there is beer, music, darts, pool and shuffleboard games and at least a small little dance floor. Small town feel USA, I guess I am thinking of but with the advantages of a larger city, accessible.

This is by far not my only wish for a life but definitely one of them...Good 'ole George Strait made me remember this almost lifelong dream.
01/26/2013 new
I would be on a beach where the ocean is actually warm! The ocean's so cold in Oregon! I also want to take a train ride through those Canadian Rockies and on to see Ontario where I was born.
01/26/2013 new

Holy cow... I'm living that dream right now... And my lawn is small so that it only takes 5 minutes to mow, lol... I can hear the church bell before Mass, and its only 4-5 minutes away... Children coming and going gets a bit old after a while, though. They NEVER close the door. Now I know why my parents always told me that I was great at heating the outdoors in the winter and cooling the outdoors in the summer. You grow up to become your parents, lol.... :wink

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: My dream for today is to live in a peaceful little house, with room for a garden, the temps are not as col...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: My dream for today is to live in a peaceful little house, with room for a garden, the temps are not as cold as here in Kansas City, there are children coming and going to read to and bake for and hug, and a lawn to mow. The neighbors appreciate a wave hello and friends like to come over for bbq's, laughter and intellectually stimulating conversation. Life is simple, the Church is close by for visits and daily Masses and offers many ways to get involved, like Altar Society dinners, etc. (One of my fondest childhood memories is helping my mother and sister at the Parish dinners, working in the kitchen, bussing tables, etc.)

I would also like a corner market or cafe where 'regulars' meet and 'everybody knows your name'. A local evening spot is desired too...where there is beer, music, darts, pool and shuffleboard games and at least a small little dance floor. Small town feel USA, I guess I am thinking of but with the advantages of a larger city, accessible.

This is by far not my only wish for a life but definitely one of them...Good 'ole George Strait made me remember this almost lifelong dream.
--hide--

01/26/2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: My dream for today is to live in a peaceful little house, with room for a garden, the temps are not as col...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: My dream for today is to live in a peaceful little house, with room for a garden, the temps are not as cold as here in Kansas City, there are children coming and going to read to and bake for and hug, and a lawn to mow. The neighbors appreciate a wave hello and friends like to come over for bbq's, laughter and intellectually stimulating conversation. Life is simple, the Church is close by for visits and daily Masses and offers many ways to get involved, like Altar Society dinners, etc. (One of my fondest childhood memories is helping my mother and sister at the Parish dinners, working in the kitchen, bussing tables, etc.)

--hide--
Meg, you never cease to amaze me, you seem like an awesome lady. Your description made me think to myself 'why does something so simple, and what used to be the norm, seem so out of reach nowadays?"

Posts 21 - 30 of 41