Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Women with Dogs

01/14/2013 new

So now that we've discussed cats, how about women with dogs...especally want to hear from the 35 and below crowd as it seems that dogs just appear to others to be work and not fun.

01/14/2013 new
(Quote) Renee-288471 said: So now that we've discussed cats, how about women with dogs...especally want to hear from the 35 and below ...
(Quote) Renee-288471 said:

So now that we've discussed cats, how about women with dogs...especally want to hear from the 35 and below crowd as it seems that dogs just appear to others to be work and not fun.

--hide--

I have my sons dog named Zoe, she is a lot of company and seems to know when I need a doggie hug....lol. I am looking forward to warmer weather so we can go on longer walks in my neighborhood....
01/14/2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I have my sons dog named Zoe, she is a lot of company and seems to know when I need a doggie hug...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I have my sons dog named Zoe, she is a lot of company and seems to know when I need a doggie hug....lol. I am looking forward to warmer weather so we can go on longer walks in my neighborhood....
--hide--
great name ,Brenda! biggrin bulldog

01/14/2013 new

(Quote) Renee-288471 said: So now that we've discussed cats, how about women with dogs...especally want to hear from the...

--hide--
First, we'd like to say "Welcome" to the CM forums and for joining in. Apparently you've been watching behind the scenes. We hope you will join us often.

Are dogs work? The care of any pet can be considered "work", at least to some extent. God's critters are dependent upon us humans to watch over them, protect them, feed them, and tend to their medical needs.

Depending upon lifestyle, dogs are more difficult. People living alone find it more difficult to have a dog, just for that reason. Dogs don't do as well as cats when they're left alone for long periods of time. Also, there's the problem of their need to be walked at least 2-3 times a day. Going on a trip? The dog must be boarded, or someone needs to help out and take the dog out for its needed walks. I dog sit for friends when they're out-of-town, and I actually stay there overnight so the furry little critter won't be lonely.

Dogs are typically more intelligent, at least as far as being trained and responding to their master's voice. They sense things in humans -- and because of that, they are great companions.

Certainly, a woman having a pet dog (or cat) wouldn't bother me at all. I'd probably end up spending more time with the pet. (Not really, but the pet would draw my attention for awhile.)

There are a lot of life's lessons that can be learned from animals -- dogs in particular. We would be remiss if we passed up this opportunity.

(Obviously, this doesn't apply to people who have allergies to cats or dogs.)

01/14/2013 new
(Quote) Zoe-337980 said: great name ,Brenda!
(Quote) Zoe-337980 said:

great name ,Brenda!

--hide--

My son named her... Lol, I like the name too!
01/14/2013 new

I have a dog that is small and portable.. She never knows where she will end up when I put her in the car. I always tell people she is my reason to get up in the mornings.

01/14/2013 new

(Quote) Renee-288471 said: So now that we've discussed cats, how about women with dogs...especally want to hear from the...

--hide--

I was a farm kid. Smaller size (terrier on-down) house dogs are an important part of my life. I currently don't have one because my father took my four-month-old puppy for companionship when he had shoulder surgery and he never came back to my house. Big dogs serve a purpose. Labs, etc. are great as outside dogs and bird hunters/retreiving. Oddly, many women with apartments or smaller houses seem to have large dogs. I don't like dogs that big in the house.

I will be buying a dog, this spring, and not having one in the house is a deal-breaker for me. . .

01/15/2013 new

My dog, Chippy, is my big ol' little darling and my "youngest kid"!

Is it just me, or is it funny that no one 35 or under has replied to this one? laughing

01/15/2013 new

I am one of those crazy Yorkie owners who loves to dress up my dog. Mostly just for special occasions and when I take her places. There are so many cute doggie outfits! I know some men are turned off by that, but oh well. I think it's fun. My ex boyfriend teased me about it. I realize it is a little silly. It doesn't look like I'll be having human children anytime soon, so maybe I am filling a bit of a void with my dog right now. I love my little furbaby! heart

At least I don't carry her around in a purse! laughing

01/15/2013 new

(Quote) Maggie-918313 said: Is it just me, or is it funny that no one 35 or under has replied to this one?
(Quote) Maggie-918313 said:

Is it just me, or is it funny that no one 35 or under has replied to this one?

--hide--

Some days I'm convinced that there are no men on this site under 35. boggled laughing

Posts 1 - 10 of 39