Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Disappointed

Jan 14th 2013 new
Well, I've been on the site now for almost two months. I have chatted with a few guys local but my disappointment is that most I really like are far away. I don't have an issue with driving within a reasonable distance but it seems some do. Ay thoughts on this?
Jan 14th 2013 new

Hi MaryAnn, I feel your pain. I, too, am open to long distance as I feel that if God wills it, there will be a way! However, it seems some folks are set on searching only within their area or 10 miles of their home (haha). Keep on keepin' on and have faith that God will place our prospective spouses in our paths when the timing is right. In the meantime, nothing wrong with making new Catholic friends, wherever they may be right? cool

Jan 14th 2013 new

Some would rather not be bothered with travelling. It's just a matter of preference and personal choice.

Of course, there will be the regular contingent who will chime in with their opinions that will state something along the lines that people must obligate themselves to "extendend beyond their comfort zone", which is codespeak for doing something you don't want to do in order to satisfy someone else's wishes rather than your own. And, of course, it'll all be predicated on "being open to God's will", which the preachers in this fora espouse at every turn, yet themselves have a list of "musts" and "dealbreakers" long enough to fill a phone book.

Whatever. It is what it is. It's alright and normal to be disappointed, but don't take it personally. It certainly isn't worth stressing yourself over. It'll just make you bitter, as it has many others. If travelling to meet is an issue for a first date it'll be an even greater issue on the second date, and every date thereafter.

theheart

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) MaryAnn-569678 said: Well, I've been on the site now for almost two months. I have chatted with a few guys local but my...
(Quote) MaryAnn-569678 said: Well, I've been on the site now for almost two months. I have chatted with a few guys local but my disappointment is that most I really like are far away. I don't have an issue with driving within a reasonable distance but it seems some do. Ay thoughts on this?
--hide--

Hello MaryAnn!

I understand exactly what you're feeling. I've been on here since July, and I have the same issue - there's hardly anyone in my area! I am also open to long-distance, but I am old-fashioned in the sense that I will not drive out to another state to meet a guy. I think most guys are just fine with this and will go meet the lady on her "turf," but that doesn't mean it will happen right away. Also, either because of school, job, family, or money issues, most guys don't want to make that effort, and that's fine. My thought is, just don't lead the girl on. :) I wish you luck in your search and I'll be Praying for you.

Jan 14th 2013 new
Thank you so much for your reply. I know it is up to God and will just pray for the best. And I hope you find someone too.
Jan 14th 2013 new

I've been here for years and have seen some LDRs work but many don't. I for one have never had luck in that department but who's to say it won't work for someone else. I can't afford to travel real far myself. A few hours or half days drive would be possible but hard I've found a lot of people have trouble with just an hours distance let alone more than that. Last year I was in a relationship where the guy live 45 minutes away and distance was still a big issue because neither of us had a lot of money for gas luckily he would take the train but still it was difficult. The only answer really is to meet as soon as possible and see it there's chemistry then maybe an LDR is possible but they have to be open to it in the begining and willing to put in the work and the simple truth is many people just aren't ready to do that.

Posts 1 - 6 of 6