Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

So, I've been chatting with one of the many lovely ladies here at CM and in our discussion, it's been discovered that as a man, I don't find cuddling as tempting as a woman might think. So, guys is cuddling a gateway to impurity for you? Ladies is cuddling a gateway to impurity for you? I'm curious to see if there's a difference in the way men and women view cuddling.

Jan 14th 2013 new

Depends on how far you go with that "cuddling" and what's running through your mind while doing so. Everyone has their limit, and everyone's limit is different. Discretion and self-discipline go a long way... both ways.

theheart

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 saiSo, guys is cuddling a gateway to impurity for you?
(Quote) Dan-656122 saiSo, guys is cuddling a gateway to impurity for you?
--hide--

Cuddling can be a very chaste way of showing mutual trust and respect. Men who cuddle like that let their GF know they're building the relationship on who she is as a person. That means mucho to a GF who also believes in a chaste courtship.

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Depends on how far you go with that "cuddling" and what's running through your min...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Depends on how far you go with that "cuddling" and what's running through your mind while doing so. Everyone has their limit, and everyone's limit is different. Discretion and self-discipline go a long way... both ways.

--hide--

Great post Victor. My heart is smiling. hug

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: So, I've been chatting with one of the many lovely ladies here at CM and in our discussion, it&...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

So, I've been chatting with one of the many lovely ladies here at CM and in our discussion, it's been discovered that as a man, I don't find cuddling as tempting as a woman might think. So, guys is cuddling a gateway to impurity for you? Ladies is cuddling a gateway to impurity for you? I'm curious to see if there's a difference in the way men and women view cuddling.

--hide--

I think it depends on the chemistry between the two people. It may be just fine for one couple, but for another the chemisty may be so strong that a simple handshake puts one or both through the roof! Don't walk, run!

I think in general, to cozy up on the couch in front of a movie with the right person is a gentle comfort.

Jan 14th 2013 new

I agree that it depends on what the intention is when cuddling. It does not have to be a gateway to impurity if one chooses it not to be. As for me, I do enjoy cuddling since I consider physical touch to be one of my love languages and I see it as a means of communicating love toward a woman. biggrin

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: So, I've been chatting with one of the many lovely ladies here at CM and in our discussion, it&...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

--hide--

Hmm.... cuddling can be dangerous for me. In the future, now that I'm being more chaste, I wouldn't make it an "activity". A good cuddle at a bonfire or something... okay. But, 8 hours of cuddling on the sofa watching football may not be the best idea. Not saying it ever led to anything inappropriate, but I could've done better.

What girl doesn't want to feel safe in the arms of a guy? I have heard women say that cuddling was just a way for a guy to get in their pants, but I don't think that's true. I'm curious to hear what others have to say, as well! :)

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara What girl doesn't want to feel safe in the arms of a guy? I have heard women say that cuddling was just a w...
(Quote) Tara

What girl doesn't want to feel safe in the arms of a guy? I have heard women say that cuddling was just a way for a guy to get in their pants, but I don't think that's true. I'm curious to hear what others have to say, as well! :)

--hide--

Depends on the couple. A couple committed to a chaste courtship sees cuddling as a way to get into each other's heart and soul, w/ no sexual motives.

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Depends on the couple. A couple committed to a chaste courtship sees cuddling as a way to g...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Depends on the couple. A couple committed to a chaste courtship sees cuddling as a way to get into each other's heart and soul, w/ no sexual motives.

--hide--

AWWWWW!!!!! Bob you truly have the heart of a romantic. Cheers to you. hug

Jan 14th 2013 new
Sometimes cuddling can be very nice....within chaste boundaries of course.... hug
Posts 1 - 10 of 171