Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/14/2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: AWWWWW!!!!! Bob you truly have the heart of a romantic. Cheers to you.
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

AWWWWW!!!!! Bob you truly have the heart of a romantic. Cheers to you.

--hide--

Thank you. Still remember the one I let get away. As an RN she'll listen to my heart.

01/14/2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Thank you. Still remember the one I let get away. As an RN she'll listen to my heart.
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Thank you. Still remember the one I let get away. As an RN she'll listen to my heart.

--hide--

I hope that you win her back. She would be lucky if you do.

01/14/2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Thank you. Still remember the one I let get away. As an RN she'll listen to my heart.
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

--hide--

01/14/2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: So, I've been chatting with one of the many lovely ladies here at CM and in our discussion, it&...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

So, I've been chatting with one of the many lovely ladies here at CM and in our discussion, it's been discovered that as a man, I don't find cuddling as tempting as a woman might think. So, guys is cuddling a gateway to impurity for you? Ladies is cuddling a gateway to impurity for you? I'm curious to see if there's a difference in the way men and women view cuddling.

--hide--

Cuddling and King Cake.... I pray for more willpower. wink

01/14/2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I hope that you win her back. She would be lucky if you do.
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

--hide--

She's gone. I wrote about her a couple of weeks ago. However, hopefully the next one will be like her. I wasn't smart enough to realize what I had at age 27.

01/14/2013 new
(Quote) Bob-59786 said: She's gone. I wrote about her a couple of weeks ago. However, hopefully the next one will be...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

She's gone. I wrote about her a couple of weeks ago. However, hopefully the next one will be like her. I wasn't smart enough to realize what I had at age 27.

--hide--

You know sometimes God knows best with unanswered prayers.....
01/14/2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: So, I've been chatting with one of the many lovely ladies here at CM and in our discussion, it&...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

So, I've been chatting with one of the many lovely ladies here at CM and in our discussion, it's been discovered that as a man, I don't find cuddling as tempting as a woman might think. So, guys is cuddling a gateway to impurity for you? Ladies is cuddling a gateway to impurity for you? I'm curious to see if there's a difference in the way men and women view cuddling.

--hide--

I don't think it's about how the genders view cuddling as it is biologically. I read somewhere that affectionate actions like cuddling stimulate the production of oxytocin, the "love hormone", in both genders. However, it takes men much longer for oxytocin to be produced during cuddling than it is for women. In other words, women feel bonded to their partners much more quickly than men do. There are other factors in play of course, but maybe that's why women like Tara would be more cautious about cuddling and guys like Dan seem to treat it as nothing major.

01/14/2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: You know sometimes God knows best with unanswered prayers.....
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

You know sometimes God knows best with unanswered prayers.....

--hide--

After the girl 42 years ago, I do believe God is talking to me. Now I need to discern what He's telling me. I have recently become aware of two new women who are making me think of 42 years ago (unbelievable similarities)...but I've been praying for a year to "please send me a girl like.." 42 years ago.

01/14/2013 new
(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Cuddling can be a very chaste way of showing mutual trust and respect. Men who cuddle like that l...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Cuddling can be a very chaste way of showing mutual trust and respect. Men who cuddle like that let their GF know they're building the relationship on who she is as a person. That means mucho to a GF who also believes in a chaste courtship.

--hide--

I was really excited about this post, but there is nothing I can add really. Bob has cover my point pretty thoroughly. Bob, you are a true catholic gentleman. As long as chaste courtship is your approach, which if it isn't I highly recommend courtship over modern dating, cuddling can be a great way for both sides show the afore mentioned trust and respect. I've had friends who were cautious about kissing turning into something less than pure, they substituted a long hug good night.
01/14/2013 new

Thank you Daniel. With the mutual chastity commitment it works. She and I cuddled mucho on a couch in her parents' house and I'm sure both her parents knew it was chaste.

I remember one date when we watched a local station's movies. A move ended at 3:00am, and another movie was ready to begin. She turned to me and said Bob, it's 3:00am, you've got to go home. A good bonding memory moment...just like yesterday.

Posts 11 - 20 of 171