Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Sandy Hook Outrage!

Jan 14th 2013 new

I'm frustated and angry that I've not heard ONE Politician, Preacher, Priest, or anyone else in Leadership stand up and define this action as a Cowerdly ACT!... by a cowardly person. Regardless of what His problem is/was... We need leaders who will help society properly define what acceptable Male behavior is....instead of relying on Hollywood and the Game media or WWF...

Killing innocent children is a Cowardly ACT! period!.... Good Strong Men don't engage in such cowardly acts.... and if you want to off youself...

or you want media attention when you do it... consider giving it to them with out them thinking they've got to kill women and kids to do it.

The other side of this is.... "Guns are to Sandy Hook ....like Scaples are to Abortion!"
... everyones up in arms about the 20 + kids that died at Sandy Hook....but where's the outrage for the thousands dying daily in the abortion clinics!.... Where is the outrage here???

Jan 14th 2013 new

I have to agree with the gentleman. We need more souls willing to stand up for life and defend it against the sort of cowardice that occured at Sandy Hook, symptomatic of this culture of death we live in. Stan is right on the money, it's the same cowardice that kills the most innocent in what should be the most safest place for them in the universe. Every life lost to abortion should be grieved and mourned just as every life lost at Sandy Hook, each one precious in the eyes of God. I'm outraged Stan. I hope everyone who reads your post opens their eyes and gets involved more in stopping the holocaust that is abortion and in defending life where ever murder of innocents takes place. We can and must do more.

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Stan-933764 said: I'm frustated and angry that I've not heard ONE Politician, Preacher, Priest, or anyon...
(Quote) Stan-933764 said:

I'm frustated and angry that I've not heard ONE Politician, Preacher, Priest, or anyone else in Leadership stand up and define this action as a Cowerdly ACT!... by a cowardly person. Regardless of what His problem is/was... We need leaders who will help society properly define what acceptable Male behavior is....instead of relying on Hollywood and the Game media or WWF...

Killing innocent children is a Cowardly ACT! period!.... Good Strong Men don't engage in such cowardly acts.... and if you want to off youself...

or you want media attention when you do it... consider giving it to them with out them thinking they've got to kill women and kids to do it.

The other side of this is.... "Guns are to Sandy Hook ....like Scaples are to Abortion!"
... everyones up in arms about the 20 + kids that died at Sandy Hook....but where's the outrage for the thousands dying daily in the abortion clinics!.... Where is the outrage here???

--hide--

I'm waiting for someone to do a "Demand a Plan" video...to end abortion.

OTOH, Obama's "Sandy Hook" speech has been remade into a pro-life video. See here:

joemiller.us

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Stan-933764 said: I'm frustated and angry that I've not heard ONE Politician, Preacher, Priest, or anyon...

--hide--

I understand your outrage, Stan, but the fact that the killer had a mental condition seems to supersede any
blame he should be getting. And to make matters worse, he did not even buy any guns. He got access to
his Mother's guns.

As far as abortions go, I read in Catholic New York that there are more Catholics in Congress now than any other
time in history. You would think they would make a difference as far as abortions go.

Excellent post, Stan.

Jan 16th 2013 new

Thanks for the feedback Marianne, ...however his "blame" wasn't the point of my Note. My point is that we're in a leadership void in this country and the right action for any good leaders to do is to DEFINE wrong behavior, in a manner that resonates with other young men in a way that will reduce the probability of it happening again AND help make it a Shameful action for a real man to engage in.

As far as the Catholics in congress....I'm not as concerned about their lack of action as I am the lemming mindset of the peeps that put them there, and their blind following of the liberal biased, pro abortion media that feeds them...

Good leaders would have jumped on this dicotomy with both feet!.

Thanks for your reading my not,

Stan

Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Stan-933764 said: Thanks for the feedback Marianne, ...however his "blame" wasn't the point of my Note...

Thanks for the feedback Marianne, ...however his "blame" wasn't the point of my Note. My point is that we're in a leadership void in this country and the right action for any good leaders to do is to DEFINE wrong behavior, in a manner that resonates with other young men in a way that will reduce the probability of it happening again AND help make it a Shameful action for a real man to engage in.

As far as the Catholics in congress....I'm not as concerned about their lack of action as I am the lemming mindset of the peeps that put them there, and their blind following of the liberal biased, pro abortion media that feeds them...

Good leaders would have jumped on this dicotomy with both feet!.

Thanks for your reading my not,

Stan

--hide--

Maybe some churches can get together and do commercials on TV and radio to drive home the fact that "it is a shameful action for
a real man to engage in."

Posts 1 - 6 of 6