Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sooo, anyone out there ever attend the National Catholic Singles Conference? This year it will be in Philly! I've never attended but some of my friends have and one of my friends is actually being considered as one of the featured speakers! I've always been curious about this event and am even more so now that my friend's story may actually be a highlight of the event.

Anyone going to it this year? :)

Jan 15th 2013 new

Hi Megan, do you know the dates? I have been trying to find info on it but have been unsuccessful.

Jan 15th 2013 new

It will be held outside Philadelphia this fall! Exact date and location coming very soon! cloud

Have you been to it before...if so, what's it like?

Jan 15th 2013 new

I've never been to one before but I know that in past years it's been held in February. So I thought it was coming up soon but just couldn't find info on it. How did you hear about it?

Jan 15th 2013 new

I've been to one when it was held in San Diego and highly recommend it! They have excellent speakers as well as singles activities like a dance. The topics were mainly about relationships, which you would expect at a singles conference. My favorite thing about Catholic conferences in general is just the overall atomosphere - it's like a faith immersion experience: speakers, Masses, Confession, the chapel is usually open for adoration, etc. Definitely go if you have an opportunity. I wonder if the new Archbishop of Philly will preside at any of the Masses. He is amazing.

Jan 15th 2013 new

Thank you Lisa!! That sounds like an amazing experience! wave

Over the last couple of years I've attended young adults retreats in PA and at the OBX as well as Catholic conferences in Raleigh, NC but I've never done a singles retreat so was wondering if it would be very different from those prior experiences.

Will you be attending the one in Philly or is it too difficult with being in CA? Ironically, I'll be in CA myself for work in April/May! smile

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Javier-170219 said: I've never been to one before but I know that in past years it's been held in February. ...
(Quote) Javier-170219 said:

I've never been to one before but I know that in past years it's been held in February. So I thought it was coming up soon but just couldn't find info on it. How did you hear about it?

--hide--

My friend who is a potential speaker for the conference told me tonight! Depending on when it is in Sept., I'm very much considering it!! Lisa's description makes me want to try it out even more since it sounds like the experience will be like an awesome retreat only better!

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Megan-792062 said: Sooo, anyone out there ever attend the National Catholic Singles Conference? This year it will be...
(Quote) Megan-792062 said:

Sooo, anyone out there ever attend the National Catholic Singles Conference? This year it will be in Philly! I've never attended but some of my friends have and one of my friends is actually being considered as one of the featured speakers! I've always been curious about this event and am even more so now that my friend's story may actually be a highlight of the event.

Anyone going to it this year? :)

--hide--
I'm interested. Keep me posted!

Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Megan-792062 said: Thank you Lisa!! That sounds like an amazing experience! Over the last couple of years I&#...

Thank you Lisa!! That sounds like an amazing experience!

Over the last couple of years I've attended young adults retreats in PA and at the OBX as well as Catholic conferences in Raleigh, NC but I've never done a singles retreat so was wondering if it would be very different from those prior experiences.

Will you be attending the one in Philly or is it too difficult with being in CA? Ironically, I'll be in CA myself for work in April/May!

--hide--

No, I can't go. :( It's too far, and I can't travel during the school year because my son is with me full time.

Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Megan-792062 said: My friend who is a potential speaker for the conference told me tonight! Depending on wh...

My friend who is a potential speaker for the conference told me tonight! Depending on when it is in Sept., I'm very much considering it!! Lisa's description makes me want to try it out even more since it sounds like the experience will be like an awesome retreat only better!

--hide--

I've never even heard of it, thanks for sharing!

I will be in New Zealand in March..not sure if I can fit this in...will look into it. Thanks!

Posts 1 - 10 of 13