Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 14th 2013 new
As I have shared many times so many memories are wrapped around my son that I still miss dearly. I am very grateful for my many memories.

As this Christmas season is winding down I would like to share a couple of Christmas memories. It wasn't Christmas until this two story house put up the giant Angel made out of rods with lights wrapped around them up. The Angel was as tall as the house. I can honestly say even when Andrew was older he still wanted to see certain houses and this was one of his favorites. Then there was the house with thousands of wooden cut-out figures and some of them depicted the true meaning of Christmas. Santa handed out candy canes with the legend attached, and if you talked to him he made sure he told the kids about Jesus birth. Then there was always the man dressed in red robes similar to a cardinal who came on December 6th to talk to the kids at Catechism about Saint Nicholas and why Santa Claus came to be. And of course afterwards we helped wrap gifts for the Saint Nicholas project that provided gifts for kids that might not get any. One of my favorite projects is still helping provide funds for this. Since it is family oriented I haven't actually gone and helped the last couple of years, not sure the kids would understand if the memories of Andrew helping would cause my tears to flow....I do want to volunteer my time to this worthy cause someday soon.....
Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: As I just read back through all the posts in this thread I got a little feeling of the Christmas spirit, ...
(Quote) John-746882 said: As I just read back through all the posts in this thread I got a little feeling of the Christmas spirit, which tends to fade about now. I am really grateful for all the people who've posted in this thread. Of late so many great ones by Meg, Therese, Brenda. Why did I start mentioning names?! Too many to mention. My gratitude goes up for all of you and my prayers go to God for all of your intentions. God bless!
--hide--

Thank you John for your prayers for all of us, for this I am grateful and for all of the CM prayer warriors. May God bless you all. I am most thankful for daily Mass and Holy Communion. I do offer prayers for all of CM during my Mass each day.

Jan 15th 2013 new

As I went to sleep last night, I remembered all the wonderful ways my mother showed she loved us. She was very dutiful and always tried to do everything perfectly. Our house was immaculate, meals were prompt, doctor and dental appointments always regularly scheduled and she prayed. She still prays for us a lot.

She taught me the Faith. Twice a week we would have religion class, Balitimore Catechism memorization assignments and discussions. Duty towards God and family was her mission statement. She also taught us how to behave as ladies.

In my younger days, I remember she would play the piano--beautiful music such as "My Rosary" or "Tales From Barcolle" while waiting for Dad to come home from work for dinner. To this day I adore good piano music. The smell of Ponds Cold Cream and Emeraude perfume flood me with those feelings of 'there is no one like my mother." The sound of her voice leading us in the family rosary and her laugh when she heard something funny...She had a passion for goodness and good people.

Thanks, John. I think you inspired me to remember those things, with the description of your mother.

Jan 15th 2013 new
Thanks Meg. I am grateful for her intercession which I believe has so much to do with the change happening in my life.
Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Thanks Meg. I am grateful for her intercession which I believe has so much to do with the change happenin...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Thanks Meg. I am grateful for her intercession which I believe has so much to do with the change happening in my life.
--hide--

My goddaughter/grandmother died a holy death and I feel the same about her. rosary theheart

Jan 15th 2013 new
Wow Therese! I appreciate the prayers at Holy Communion. They are so powerful.
Jan 15th 2013 new
I've thought more than a few times someone should start a thread called "People We Think Are Saints". I'm sure there would be no shortage of replies from people who knew such holy "ordinary" people. I'm grateful for those uncanonized intercessors and friends.
Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: I've thought more than a few times someone should start a thread called "People We Think Are Sai...
(Quote) John-746882 said: I've thought more than a few times someone should start a thread called "People We Think Are Saints". I'm sure there would be no shortage of replies from people who knew such holy "ordinary" people. I'm grateful for those uncanonized intercessors and friends.
--hide--

I think we should do it, John.

Jan 16th 2013 new
I think so too Meg. If you start it I'll post in it. Or if not I'll try to start it this weekend.
Jan 16th 2013 new
Today I am grateful that my girlfriend signed us up for a course on the Early church fathers. It will be great to learn about them and bring their acts alive to us. Their efforts guided by the Holy Spirit will be fascinating to explore. The Catholic Church is awesome.
Posts 111 - 120 of 172