Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Would love to know what nice Catholic men are looking for out there. Would love to read some positive online dating stories and what attracted you to one another online, etc.

Thanks!

01/11/2013 new
Additionally, I have reached out to many guys and have not received many replies. Any thoughts?
01/11/2013 new

smile I'am looking for a good Catholic Woman for life time relationship and marriage . Wish i had some positive stories to tell But i do not so far . Praying you come into my life Praying .

01/15/2013 new

Hi Michele, They want the younger women.

A priest where I am from here in Ontario actually told me this. He said " if you truly want to be married, men just prefer younger women and you should (I was 48 at that time) look for someone 58 and older".

Although personally I believe it equals selfishness, vanity and shallowness. It appears this is the norm with "men".

I believe that if you truly want real love age shouldn't matter either way.

If you want a younger attractive woman that is exactly what you will reap.

Best wishes in your search.

Peace and Blessings to you.

Debbie

01/15/2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-584463 said: Hi Michele, They want the younger women. A priest where I am from here in Ontario actual...
(Quote) Debbie-584463 said:

Hi Michele, They want the younger women.

A priest where I am from here in Ontario actually told me this. He said " if you truly want to be married, men just prefer younger women and you should (I was 48 at that time) look for someone 58 and older".

Although personally I believe it equals selfishness, vanity and shallowness. It appears this is the norm with "men".

I believe that if you truly want real love age shouldn't matter either way.

If you want a younger attractive woman that is exactly what you will reap.

Best wishes in your search.

Peace and Blessings to you.

Debbie

--hide--

Age is mostly irrelevent, at least, once you pass 50. I don't feel as though I have reached my potential yet. Don't sell and older man short. Most of us still have a lot of livin' and lovin' left in us.

It's all about your direction.

01/15/2013 new

Hi Donnie,

No one is selling older men short, that was not my point, I don't care about age, but in my experience trying to find someone close to my age has been extremely difficult, as again in my experience, I have always gotten replies from men who are older and some a great deal older.

Again I say with real love age should not matter, not physical or emotional lust. I don't want someone to love me because I am younger or older. !

My opinion!!!

Blessings to you.

Debbie

01/15/2013 new
I've had similar experiences Debbie.
01/15/2013 new
Yes, I have to agree that men are looking for younger age women, at 60 yrs. old, men aren't looking at my age but someone who is in the range of 45 to 50. Some men will just keep looking for the younger women, eventually they will find her. So, where does this leave for us? Maybe I should consider a younger man?
01/16/2013 new

(Quote) Michele-897861 said: Additionally, I have reached out to many guys and have not received many replies. Any thoughts?
(Quote) Michele-897861 said: Additionally, I have reached out to many guys and have not received many replies. Any thoughts?
--hide--

Hi Michele and gang,

I've wondered about some of what you've all written myself and have several thoughts for your consideration & feedback. Before starting, remember sending an email to no reply happens to all of us - I have enough 1st hand experience to say it! The reasons why could include any piece of personal criteria listed in CM.

Do we expect too much from an internet dating site? I mean it should be just one way we may meet a good match right?

I think internet dating raises different expectations and fears vs a casual face-to-face meeting. By being on this site we've all announced our intention of "I'm looking for that someone!" This raises the emotional risk for both - "if I respond he/she must think I'm romantically interested" (almost by definition of being on the site).
Whereas if we meet someone a couple times in the grocery store, talk about being too lazy to cook then "hey lets go to the new restaurant across the street" or see someone a few times at Mass, talk a few times and decide to play a casual round of golf maybe just because you both like golf and have a free afternoon. You've done it the way human beings have done it for years: seen & heard them in person, watched them in real life, talked and got verbal and non-verbal feedback and queues from them AND there were a ton of "fail-safe moments" where if you/they chose to limit your personal engagement, it would happen without having to answer a note to say "You have and interesting profile however..." and come up with an 'uplifting' way to say ya live too far away, different interests, not physically attracted, etc or probably some combo of several.

I think there's some truth to the posts that guys are sometimes looking for younger gals, just as gals are looking for cuter, taller, less/more hairy, etc guys. My criteria is set from my age to 10 below. Here's a couple reasons why, specific to me only: I'm interested in being outdoors running, skiing, playing tennis, softball. I'm far from a super jock, I've just always enjoyed these things so I'm looking for someone who's always had those type of interests to enjoy together. I can't back it up w/statistics but it sure seems like the older we get the less active some of the match profiles tend to be and yes, a physically fit woman is usually more attractive to me.

So if I receive an email or a wink from someone who seems to have significantly different interests waddya do? If I have time, I may email back but don't always have time - and to do a considerate letter does take time. That's why if they're way off from the profile I try to communicate sometimes the best answer is no answer?

01/16/2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Yes, I have to agree that men are looking for younger age women, at 60 yrs. old, men aren't looking ...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Yes, I have to agree that men are looking for younger age women, at 60 yrs. old, men aren't looking at my age but someone who is in the range of 45 to 50. Some men will just keep looking for the younger women, eventually they will find her. So, where does this leave for us? Maybe I should consider a younger man?
--hide--

Hi All,

My whole point in this older men/younger women thing is I see it as limiting God. It is no different than changing my profile to say something like "please only really good looking successful and younger men reply or contact me".

That is how most women feel when they see older guys limiting themselves to only younger attractive women. I can only speak for myself but it makes me feel bad about what human nature is really like soooo very shallow.

I believe God knows our needs and desires and he knows our motives as well. I don't want someone who "loves" me because I am 12 years younger, that frankly just makes me sick.!!!!

I am not talking about the men that want to start families etc......that is understandable, I am talking about men in their 50's and 60's and up who absolutely will not settle for someone their own age who may be compatible, they want only 30's and 40 year old women because it makes them say "look at me , I have a young beautiful wife" I must be special!!! It is pure vanity.

Personally I don't have age limit, I will leave that up to God, Peace and Blessings to everyone.

Debbie

Posts 1 - 10 of 156