Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

01/16/2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: However, I hope we all stipulate that St. John Bosco never juggled at the altar, as peo...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

However, I hope we all stipulate that St. John Bosco never juggled at the altar, as people like this seem to think is all right to have happen at the Sanctuary.

The rubric of the traditional mass did not allow for such shinanagans anyway, and should never be allowed to florish under the Novus Ordo either!

--hide--

Well with that logic, the Pope should be boycotting World Youth Day. My goodness, there might be dancing, facepaint...and the worst offender...matching T-Shirts! :o)

01/16/2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Well with that logic, the Pope should be boycotting World Youth Day. My goodness, th...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Well with that logic, the Pope should be boycotting World Youth Day. My goodness, there might be dancing, facepaint...and the worst offender...matching T-Shirts! :o)

--hide--

Now you're just being silly. There is zero chance that the Pope (or anybody concelebrating with him) will be dancing, wearing facepaint, or a T-shirt vice vestments during any Mass he celebrates during the event.

All of those activities are perfectly fine outside of the sanctuary.

01/16/2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: (Quote) Laura-695247 said: Well with that logic, the Pope shou...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

Quote:
Laura-695247 said:

Now you're just being silly. There is zero chance that the Pope (or anybody concelebrating with him) will be dancing, wearing facepaint, or a T-shirt vice vestments during any Mass he celebrates during the event.

All of those activities are perfectly fine outside of the sanctuary.

--hide--
What about JPll scratchchin shhh

01/16/2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: What about JPll
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

What about JPll

--hide--

What about him?

01/22/2013 new
VATICAN PREPARING MANUAL TO EHLP PRIESTS AND LAITY CELEBRATE MASS PROPERLY!

God Wants To Be Worshiped In A Concrete Way! The Mass Is Not About Showmanship!

By H. Sergio Mora: ROME, January 16, 2013 (Zenit.org)

The Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments is preparing a booklet to help priests celebrate the Mass properly and the faithful to participate better, according to the prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments.

Cardinal Antonio Caizares confirmed this Tuesday at an address at the Spanish Embassy to the Holy See on Catholic Liturgy since Vatican II: Continuity and Evolution.

We are preparing it; it will help to celebrate well and to participate well. I hope it will come out this year, in the summer, the cardinal told ZENIT.

During his talk the cardinal reiterated the importance Vatican II gave to the liturgy, whose renewal must be understood in continuity with the Tradition of the Church and not as a break or discontinuity. A break either because of innovations that do not respect continuity or because of an immobility that freezes everything at Pius XII, he said.

To further read the article: www.courageouspriest.com
Posts 51 - 55 of 55