Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Guys, this one's for you! wave

I think many of us have seen He's Just Not That Into You. If you are interested in a woman, do you call or message her back within a reasonable time (a day or so) no matter what? What if you're busy? What if you are nervous about what to say? Some women think that if a guy doesn't contact in a timely manner, he's lost interest. But then my guy friends say that they don't always know if the woman is interested, and they don't want to bother them or seem TOO forward.

Example - Guy messages girl. She messages him back the next day. He messages her back 5 days later.

Does that mean she's not that important (he's just not that into her)? If she were important, would you make sure you messaged her the next day, no matter what? (Well, I mean, if you didn't have an emergency, obviously.)

I remember a success story from here where the woman said she thought the guy had lost interest after they had communicated a little. He took A MONTH to reply to her. When she asked why it took so long for him to reply, he said that he would start typing a message then start over, procrastinate, start again, etc. I would guess, though, that if I hadn't heard from a man in a month, that he was gone forever. laughing

So, guys, inquiring minds wanna know... scratchchin

Jan 16th 2013 new

Thanks Tara! I sincerely and eagerly await the replies on this one!

Jan 16th 2013 new

It all depends on what's happening. If I am logging on daily, then I would answer back the next day if I was interested. On the other hand, if I am travelling, I might not log on for a week or so.

For me, it depends on where I am at.

Jan 16th 2013 new

As a personal rule, I reply to every first message either the same day, or within 24 hours of receiving the message regardless of interest. Beyond the initial exchange, not set time frame, although usually with the same frequency as I receive replies from said person.

That said, I'm also easily bored. So, if communication slows down too drastically I will often end-up completely losing interest and just cease communicating altogether.

theheart

Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Will-706257 said: It all depends on what's happening. If I am logging on daily, then I would answer back the nex...
(Quote) Will-706257 said:

It all depends on what's happening. If I am logging on daily, then I would answer back the next day if I was interested. On the other hand, if I am travelling, I might not log on for a week or so.

For me, it depends on where I am at.

--hide--

Thanks for the first male response. I can stamp your male card if you'd like. biggrin

I think many use CM on their phones... unless they really are on here pretty much all day. In an instance like that, they could log on everyday, right? lol

Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: As a personal rule, I reply to every first message either the same day, or within 24 hours of re...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

As a personal rule, I reply to every first message either the same day, or within 24 hours of receiving the message regardless of interest. Beyond the initial exchange, not set time frame, although usually with the same frequency as I receive replies from said person.

That said, I'm also easily bored. So, if communication slows down too drastically I will often end-up completely losing interest and just cease communicating altogether.

--hide--

Totally makes sense. Thanks, Victor! I like to keep the rhythm of things. Otherwise, ADHD kicks in.

Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Sarah-901988 said: Thanks Tara! I sincerely and eagerly await the replies on this one!
(Quote) Sarah-901988 said:

Thanks Tara! I sincerely and eagerly await the replies on this one!

--hide--

wave

Jan 16th 2013 new
Guys need breaks from messaging girls, just like women need time to be with their woman friends without men. I think a few days is fair enough.
Jan 16th 2013 new

This site reminds me of CYO dances of my youth. Guys on one side and girls on the other. rolling eyes faint

Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Guys, this one's for you! I think many of us have seen He's Just Not That I...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Guys, this one's for you!

I think many of us have seen He's Just Not That Into You. If you are interested in a woman, do you call or message her back within a reasonable time (a day or so) no matter what? What if you're busy? What if you are nervous about what to say? Some women think that if a guy doesn't contact in a timely manner, he's lost interest. But then my guy friends say that they don't always know if the woman is interested, and they don't want to bother them or seem TOO forward.

Example - Guy messages girl. She messages him back the next day. He messages her back 5 days later.

Does that mean she's not that important (he's just not that into her)? If she were important, would you make sure you messaged her the next day, no matter what? (Well, I mean, if you didn't have an emergency, obviously.)

I remember a success story from here where the woman said she thought the guy had lost interest after they had communicated a little. He took A MONTH to reply to her. When she asked why it took so long for him to reply, he said that he would start typing a message then start over, procrastinate, start again, etc. I would guess, though, that if I hadn't heard from a man in a month, that he was gone forever.

So, guys, inquiring minds wanna know...

--hide--

I think that I have learnt that on CM like in the real world that if a guy is interested he will give chase pretty rapidly and consistently. The ones who delay are probably not motivated enough. You deserve a guy chasing you as a woman.

Posts 1 - 10 of 105