Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I have recently read and commented on forum topic "Men Calling or Messaging back" However I have had a few occasions fairly recently of a woman that I have been messaging with for while (over a month) and she suddenly stopped replying to any and all of my messages I'm wondering why?

01/16/2013 new

Hi Paul, personally if I have been messaging someone consistently for more than two weeks (ie. every day emails) and he hasn't asked for my phone number, I will usually stop replying. If we're emailing maybe every few days, then I'd maybe let it go for a month. Any longer in these instances, I think that the guy isn't ready (or doesn't want to) to truly find someone and just likes to email.

01/16/2013 new

Hi Christine,

I had been messaging this young lady since late November. At first it was tough to read whether she was genuinely interested or just wanted to e mail but just after the Holiday's we exchanged phone numbers and a week later she stopped responding to me (both email and text) I've just figured that it's going to be 50/50 to make something work so if she isn't willing to but forth the effort to respond to my messages why should I put forth the effort to send her a message.

01/16/2013 new

Hi Christine,

I had been messaging this young lady since late November. At first it was tough to read whether she was genuinely interested or just wanted to e mail but just after the Holiday's we exchanged phone numbers and a week later she stopped responding to me (both email and text) I've just figured that it's going to be 50/50 to make something work so if she isn't willing to but forth the effort to respond to my messages why should I put forth the effort to send her a message.

01/16/2013 new

Hi Paul, have you actually talked to her on the telephone or just texted? Texting is ok here and there to say hi or whatever, but for me texting isn't for having conversations.

She could be not responding for some other reason, not sure.

And sorry Paul, it really isn't 50/50, at least at the beginning. A guy needs to pursue, it's in their nature. Your efforts initially should be more than hers. She should respond to your efforts of course. When you have begun a relationship, then it evens out more. Well, actually both people have to feel that they are giving 110% to each other.

01/16/2013 new

Oh and yes, if she has stopped responding....I would stop pursuing. Or you could send one more message saying something like "I like you and want to get to know you. I am not sure if you are still interested, so I will stop contacting you if I don't hear back from you".

01/16/2013 new

Christine, I know that it's in my male nature to pursue and if I find a woman that looks interesting based on her profile I will give chase. Thank you for your input

01/17/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-754314 said: Hi Christine, I had been messaging this young lady since late November. At first it was tou...
(Quote) Paul-754314 said:

Hi Christine,

--hide--

Hi Paul,

You might try calling her. If I gave my phone number to someone and he didn't call, I'd probably assume he wasn't all that interested and just move on.

Good luck!

01/17/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-754314 said: I have recently read and commented on forum topic "Men Calling or Messaging back" Howeve...

I have recently read and commented on forum topic "Men Calling or Messaging back" However I have had a few occasions fairly recently of a woman that I have been messaging with for while (over a month) and she suddenly stopped replying to any and all of my messages I'm wondering why?

--hide--

Just a thought here, but maybe you are waiting too long to move the communication to the next level like phone calls.. No one wants to stay in email land forever..And if you don't keep moving the communication forward she assumes you're just looking for an email buddy..

And women..When they tell you they want to hear the sound of your voice..Give up the darned phone number and let them call you..Otherwise don't complain about not having success here..

01/17/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-754314 said: I have recently read and commented on forum topic "Men Calling or Messaging back" Howeve...

--hide--

I'd say she'd lost interest.

Posts 1 - 10 of 80