Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Homeschoolers

01/16/2013 new
Are there any other previous homeschoolers out there? :) You might have been a homeschooler if..... Your stack of library books to check out were taller than the librarian
01/16/2013 new

Yep, I was homeschooled too - Seton. My library books continued to be taller than the librarian all the way through college...
When my peers first met me they would say, "Homeschooling...isn't that when you get kicked out of every school in the area and then you have to be schooled at home?" I finally started saying, "Well, I spent so much time in the principal's office that I now live there."

01/16/2013 new
(Quote) Jeanette-848045 said: Yep, I was homeschooled too - Seton. My library books continued to be taller than the librarian all the way ...
(Quote) Jeanette-848045 said:

Yep, I was homeschooled too - Seton. My library books continued to be taller than the librarian all the way through college...
When my peers first met me they would say, "Homeschooling...isn't that when you get kicked out of every school in the area and then you have to be schooled at home?" I finally started saying, "Well, I spent so much time in the principal's office that I now live there."

--hide--
Haha! That is an awesome response, Jeanette! I love it! Getting the whole "socialization" question always made me cringe the most. Were you homeschooled all the way through high school as well?
01/16/2013 new

I was homeschooled for high school. I went to public school before that.

01/16/2013 new

I was homeschooled. . . and my stack of library books just might have been taller than the librarian embarassed wink

01/16/2013 new

You might be a homeschooler if...you cried when Mary Ingells died, or the first R rated movie you saw was the Passion of the Christ...
I could go on!

I feel so proud to be one as well. Thanks for starting the post. People don't know what they are missing and remember, Jesus was the first famous person to be home educated tongue

01/17/2013 new

Oh, Mary Ingell's tv death made me regret sneaking down to the basement to watch tv. It took me years before I could hear Brahms Lullaby and not be haunted by that scene. And I had to sing and play it! But all of that was before I was homeschooled.

First R rated film - I don't remember - probably a war movie.

01/17/2013 new

Jennifer - I was homeschooled from 3rd grade through my senior year in high school. Adjusting to college was easy. I had been independently studying for years. The "socialization" question always irked me too. I mean if they are asking about it they obviously don't think you are well-adjusted. eyebrow Parents have a far larger influence on socialization than a classroom. Good gracious! I remember a a time in highschool when I was in 3 different youth groups, orchestra, a quartet, 2 choirs...

01/17/2013 new

Megan, what program did you use?

01/17/2013 new
Mary, did you see this as well? I saw it today which is what sparked the forum discussion for me. :) youtu.be
Posts 1 - 10 of 42