Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I Was a Paid Internet Shill

Jan 16th 2013 new

I Was a Paid Internet Shill: How Shadowy Groups Manipulate Internet Opinion and Debate

By Ex-Shill,Above Top Secret

I am writing here to come out of the closet as a paid shill. For a little over six months, I was paid to spread disinformation and argue political points on the Internet. This site, ATS, was NOT one that I was assigned to post on, although other people in the same organization were paid to be here, and I assume they still walk among you. But more on this later.

I quit this job in the latter part of 2011, because I became disgusted with it, and with myself. I realized I couldn’t look myself in the mirror anymore. If this confession triggers some kind of retribution against me, so be it. Part of being a real man in this world is having real values that you stand up for, no matter what the consequences.

consciouslifenews.com

Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: I Was a Paid Internet Shill: How Shadowy Groups Manipulate Internet Opinion and Debate
(Quote) John-711000 said:

I Was a Paid Internet Shill: How Shadowy Groups Manipulate Internet Opinion and Debate

I am writing here to come out of the closet as a paid shill. For a little over six months, I was paid to spread disinformation and argue political points on the Internet. This site, ATS, was NOT one that I was assigned to post on, although other people in the same organization were paid to be here, and I assume they still walk among you. But more on this later.

I quit this job in the latter part of 2011, because I became disgusted with it, and with myself. I realized I couldn’t look myself in the mirror anymore. If this confession triggers some kind of retribution against me, so be it. Part of being a real man in this world is having real values that you stand up for, no matter what the consequences.

consciouslifenews.com

--hide--

Wow John, that is really interesting. I heard about this...now it is confirmed.

Well, most of us have had jobs we would rather not admit. I used to take care of genetically fat rats in a lab at University.

I love animals, I'm glad I only fed and took care of them and was not involved in anything worse.

Don't feel so bad, and thank you for sharing.

Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: I Was a Paid Internet Shill: How Shadowy Groups Manipulate Internet Opinion and Debate

consciouslifenews.com

--hide--

Actually, it hasn't been all that hard to pick-out those who are on this site. It's been quite simple, actually, and I'm not talking about only political shills either. It's pretty obvious to see those who have just seemed to either completely disappear, or curiously moved to a different part of the country while drastically reducing their level of participation in the fora immediately following the election.

Then again, perhaps it was easier for me than others to identify these people due to my 20+ years of experience in the both the political arena as well as business. If anyone - admin in particular - thinks that the most recent election was rough going on this site just wait to see what's coming in 2016.

Personally, I'm far less concerned about the political shills on this site than I am the other shills. Political shills are chameleons who come and go with election seasons. Their arrival and subsequent departure are completely predictable and we know what to expect from them when they're present, making their impact minimal at best. It's the other shills who do the real damage on a site like this, because they completely integrate themselves and befriend others on the site who are here for legitimate reasons. These people actually poison the well because they're always present, not just during certain periods of time.

And the more popular this site becomes and the more it grows the more it will be forced to deal with this. It's the nature of the business. It was much easier for the admins on this site to avoid this pitfall in the past, as the relative small size of the site made it unattractive to organizations such as the one for whom you were once employed.

That said, perhaps admin can benefit from your disclosure of information. At the very least they will now be aware that this site is on the radar of organizations such as ATS, if they weren't already aware of it. In many cases simply knowing will help one to avoid the need for direct action later.

theheart

Jan 16th 2013 new

consciouslifenews.com

--hide--
No problem,as long as you are not an ex Liberal Shill! knight-errant laughing

Jan 16th 2013 new

consciouslifenews.com

--hide--

Many people said there were plants here on the forums. I think they stuck out like sore thumbs. That means they were not
too effective.

Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Many people said there were plants here on the forums. I think they stuck out like sor...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Many people said there were plants here on the forums. I think they stuck out like sore thumbs. That means they were not
too effective.

--hide--
Yes they were Obama shills and you could tell and they also did get people to think there way. It works and always has??? I remember seeing a show on vietnam and one of the leaders of the commies said the way they change the tide of the way, was with a propaganda war in the US and it worked they sent less troops and used less air strikes, because the politicians were worried about the American people protesting. So ending the war became more important then winning.

A lot of Americans are sucked into anything. We follow the protest even when it is not true or legit. I always think of families who lose a son who was trying to kill or steall something and almost all the time you hear they were good or so loving, when they have a record a mile long for some many bad things. The blind do not wish to see and lets hope some day they do. There is so much false and intended things feed to people they know they can fool. This is our countries was enemy and might be our undoing.

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Yes they were Obama shills and you could tell and they also did get people to think there way. I...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Yes they were Obama shills and you could tell and they also did get people to think there way. It works and always has??? I remember seeing a show on vietnam and one of the leaders of the commies said the way they change the tide of the way, was with a propaganda war in the US and it worked they sent less troops and used less air strikes, because the politicians were worried about the American people protesting. So ending the war became more important then winning.

A lot of Americans are sucked into anything. We follow the protest even when it is not true or legit. I always think of families who lose a son who was trying to kill or steall something and almost all the time you hear they were good or so loving, when they have a record a mile long for some many bad things. The blind do not wish to see and lets hope some day they do. There is so much false and intended things feed to people they know they can fool. This is our countries was enemy and might be our undoing.

--hide--

You said, "the blind do not wish to see." Then you said, "there is so much false and intended things fed to people they
know they can fool."

Do you think this refers to liberals? Liberals seem to not hear anything rational, like the country is going bankrupt because
of the National Debt and spending. It makes no difference to them. I think if the Chinese marched into D.C. and took over the White
House, liberals would still stick to their erroneous theories.

They are our country's worst nightmare, at least one of them.

Also, there might have been propaganda in the US about the Vietnam war, but it was a war which could not be won.
It was good that it finally ended, even if by propaganda.

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Actually, it hasn't been all that hard to pick-out those who are on this site. It's been quite ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Actually, it hasn't been all that hard to pick-out those who are on this site. It's been quite simple, actually, and I'm not talking about only political shills either. It's pretty obvious to see those who have just seemed to either completely disappear, or curiously moved to a different part of the country while drastically reducing their level of participation in the fora immediately following the election.

Then again, perhaps it was easier for me than others to identify these people due to my 20+ years of experience in the both the political arena as well as business. If anyone - admin in particular - thinks that the most recent election was rough going on this site just wait to see what's coming in 2016.

Personally, I'm far less concerned about the political shills on this site than I am the other shills. Political shills are chameleons who come and go with election seasons. Their arrival and subsequent departure are completely predictable and we know what to expect from them when they're present, making their impact minimal at best. It's the other shills who do the real damage on a site like this, because they completely integrate themselves and befriend others on the site who are here for legitimate reasons. These people actually poison the well because they're always present, not just during certain periods of time.

And the more popular this site becomes and the more it grows the more it will be forced to deal with this. It's the nature of the business. It was much easier for the admins on this site to avoid this pitfall in the past, as the relative small size of the site made it unattractive to organizations such as the one for whom you were once employed.

That said, perhaps admin can benefit from your disclosure of information. At the very least they will now be aware that this site is on the radar of organizations such as ATS, if they weren't already aware of it. In many cases simply knowing will help one to avoid the need for direct action later.

--hide--

From what I understand Victor ATS (Above Top Secret) has shut down. I doubt they would target this site but you would know better than me.

I can't and will not accuse anyone of being a shill on this site. First, there are many complications, such as a gap between from the many unfortunate church schisms. I understand that people from the VII church have a totally different perspective from the Traditional church making it uncertain if they are shills or simply following what they believe.

I posted this as a reminder that we are living in a secular world started by a revolutionary republic which gives freedom to good people as well as bad. It really is our responsibility to understand the secular world so we can reject it and return to the old Roman Catholic Order.

Disscussion forums are an excellent way for us to learn how to argue with civility once again. Many young people of today do not realize the period of pestilence in the aftermath of the Vietnam war. There was excessive drinking and drugs, promuscuity, fighting, etc.. It also was a period of time when families stopped communicating and in essence became dysfunctional. The counter culture was aimed at destroying the Old Order and was successful.

But the internet came in the late ninties and I know my life has improved with it. I think it's a great learning tool and I think we can all agree on that. So, we should now aware of two important things..the first is perviously mentioned. The other is that organized crime rings in the media exist for the purpose of misleading us.

Let's take the high road and never allow our emotions to rule us making ourselves less vunerable. Shills have existed for a long time in the media and will continue as long as there is money to bribe them. The link I provided cannot prove that this poster existed but the idea is all that is needed. As long as we know that there are people willing to prostitute themselves for money then we should always be on guard using patience and humility as a shield.

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: From what I understand Victor ATS (Above Top Secret) has shut down. I doubt they would ta...

From what I understand Victor ATS (Above Top Secret) has shut down. I doubt they would target this site but you would know better than me.

I can't and will not accuse anyone of being a shill on this site. First, there are many complications, such as a gap between from the many unfortunate church schisms. I understand that people from the VII church have a totally different perspective from the Traditional church making it uncertain if they are shills or simply following what they believe.

I posted this as a reminder that we are living in a secular world started by a revolutionary republic which gives freedom to good people as well as bad. It really is our responsibility to understand the secular world so we can reject it and return to the old Roman Catholic Order.

Disscussion forums are an excellent way for us to learn how to argue with civility once again. Many young people of today do not realize the period of pestilence in the aftermath of the Vietnam war. There was excessive drinking and drugs, promuscuity, fighting, etc.. It also was a period of time when families stopped communicating and in essence became dysfunctional. The counter culture was aimed at destroying the Old Order and was successful.

But the internet came in the late ninties and I know my life has improved with it. I think it's a great learning tool and I think we can all agree on that. So, we should now aware of two important things..the first is perviously mentioned. The other is that organized crime rings in the media exist for the purpose of misleading us.

Let's take the high road and never allow our emotions to rule us making ourselves less vunerable. Shills have existed for a long time in the media and will continue as long as there is money to bribe them. The link I provided cannot prove that this poster existed but the idea is all that is needed. As long as we know that there are people willing to prostitute themselves for money then we should always be on guard using patience and humility as a shield.

--hide--
Wow...this is interesting that it really does happen. Right before the election quite a few of us suspected a few people on here of doing just this! They weren't on here much before election time either so it was obvious! Wow.

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Wow...this is interesting that it really does happen. Right before the election quite a few of u...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Wow...this is interesting that it really does happen. Right before the election quite a few of us suspected a few people on here of doing just this! They weren't on here much before election time either so it was obvious! Wow.

--hide--

Keep in mind there are some people who are politics geeks who presence becomes more noticable before elections simply because that is when the topics of interest to them are more frequently discussed.

That's not to say there weren't any paod shills here; only that the temporal correlations of certain members posting activity and the election cycle may have other explanations.

Posts 1 - 10 of 15