Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 17th 2013 new

God allows bad things happen to good people Marrirose. People who have gone through deep sorrows are capable of experiencing much more joy than someone who has never had a troubling day in their life. Its like sorrow can carve our hearts into a bowl shape so we can hold more joy. It sounds like you have been through much, but dont give up!

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Maybe being abused was Gods will for me then.
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

Maybe being abused was Gods will for me then.

--hide--

God does not actively will evil, such as abuse. He does permit evil as a consequence of giving us free wills. While we don't have direct control over everything that happens in our lives, many things can be traced back to choices we have made.

When God does permit suffering, there is ultimately some benefit that may come from it -- but often it takes effort to contemplate and identify what that might be and to take advantage of the opportunity. Blaming God for the suffering is much easier, but it is not a spiritually beneficial approach.

There is an excellent homily on the benefit -- and the need -- of suffering for our eternal salvation on the web site below. It's not an easy message to hear, to be sure. But our lives will be much better if we are open to listen and contemplate on the bishop's words.

wdtprs.com

www.google.com
Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: I was married to an alcoholic that had numerous affairs for twenty years, if I have to be that...

I was married to an alcoholic that had numerous affairs for twenty years, if I have to be that unhappy again NO thank you. Besides I find some of this so legalistic.

--hide--

Hang in there Marirose, we are not all this legalistic or fatalistic.

Jan 17th 2013 new

Marirose,

God never wants us abused. Might be the devil had a hand in that one and not your fault, but the abusers. Stand up for yourself, be good to yourself and feel good about yourself. Please ask God to heal you, He will!

theheart Praying

Jan 17th 2013 new

I'm praying for you, Marirose! May God heal your heart and guide you to peace and joy and a future filled with blessings and free from abuse and misuse. No one desrvesabuse -- from one survivor to another, you are worth so much more than you know! Rest, heal, spend time with Jesus, and know that you are deeply loved and your hurts are felt by God -- run to Him and be healed!!!

Jan 17th 2013 new
I echo the above Marirose. I hope you find hope and healing through this website and elsewhere too in 2013. God bless.
Jan 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Maybe being abused was Gods will for me then.

Maybe being abused was Gods will for me then.

--hide--
NEVER! Don't blame yourself...I have been there married to an alcoholic. I felt like it was a slow brainwashing and you probably know what I mean. Happiness will come to you...take the time to heal. Eileen
Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: NEVER! Don't blame yourself...I have been there married to an alcoholic. I felt like it was a slow ...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: NEVER! Don't blame yourself...I have been there married to an alcoholic. I felt like it was a slow brainwashing and you probably know what I mean. Happiness will come to you...take the time to heal. Eileen
--hide--

I know exactly what you mean. Everything from his perspective was my fault. It was pure crazymaking. I dont need to keep blaming myself and apologizing for things I didnt do. God knows the truth of the situation. Thanks for the reminder.

Jan 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: I know exactly what you mean. Everything from his perspective was my fault. It was pure crazym...

I know exactly what you mean. Everything from his perspective was my fault. It was pure crazymaking. I dont need to keep blaming myself and apologizing for things I didnt do. God knows the truth of the situation. Thanks for the reminder.

--hide--
Look forward Marirose but.learn from the past. The hardest thing for me is learning to trust men again but it will soon be nine years and I thought I was ready to try.
Posts 11 - 19 of 19