Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Donnie-397050 said: The whole enchilada or nada.
(Quote) Donnie-397050 said:

The whole enchilada or nada.

--hide--
Hungry for mexican food, Donnie?? wink laughing laughing

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hungry for mexican food, Donnie??
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Hungry for mexican food, Donnie??

--hide--

Ahhh, Linda! ... Si!, muchos gracias!

Jan 17th 2013 new

How eloquent Peter, and so eternally relevant.

God Bless, Sheila rose

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: How eloquent Peter, and so eternally relevant. God Bless, Sheila
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

How eloquent Peter, and so eternally relevant.

God Bless, Sheila

--hide--

Thank you Sheila! angel

Jan 17th 2013 new

You're welcome Peter You get a Gold Star!

Jan 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: Hi Everyone, I have heard this question many times on CM. How do you feel about the question...
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

Hi Everyone,
I have heard this question many times on CM. How do you feel about the question ?

--hide--

As with everything, there has to be balance. The presence of physical attraction must exist, but beware that it doesn't overpower the situation and leave you blind to all the other characteristics necessary to provide a lifelong relationship. At the end of the day, physical attraction is only skin deep, and let's face it, skin doesn't look good when it becomes wrinkled and saggy. It's easy to be blinded by the physical, because we covet what we see.

If you are truely looking for a satisfying relationship there has to be more than just a physical attraction. For some the opposite can happen. They may not see anything outwardly physical that attracts them to one another, but as they get to know eachother, they are blinded by inner beauty. After a while the exterior appearance becomes attractive because they see eachother for who they are inside.

In any case, I'm initially drawn by the exterior appearance as it's too difficult to get to know someones inner beauty with only a picture and answers to a questionaire. I know I couldn't kiss someone if I didn't feel physically attracted to them, whether it be an attraction to their outer beauty or inner beauty, it would have to be present.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

Coming in late here, but I think that physical attraction is somewhat important initially, but what is attractive to people varies quite widely.

For those of us who have been married before, the physical attractiveness of your spouse isn't actually seen on a day to day basis. It actually turns into seeing/feeling their spirit. The lightness or darkness of their soul eminates, and you feel their spirit in the room. The attraction to be intimately close to them comes from our perception of their spirit. I doesn't matter how handsome or beautiful someone is...it becomes neutral after some time. As evidenced by many people being unfaithful to beautiful people ie. celebrities.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

Sorry, forgive me, I just realized that I have a couple more years to go in order to post in this room! it won't happen again :)

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Christine-924384 said: Sorry, forgive me, I just realized that I have a couple more years to go in order to post in ...
(Quote) Christine-924384 said:

Sorry, forgive me, I just realized that I have a couple more years to go in order to post in this room! it won't happen again :)

--hide--
Hi Christine, there is no problem with you posting in this room. ALL are welcome!! Besides, your previous post was excellent. clap Bow hug

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Christine-924384 said: Sorry, forgive me, I just realized that I have a couple more years to go in order to post in ...
(Quote) Christine-924384 said:

--hide--

Post AWAY! You can post anywhere you like! Almost...There are other rooms where we can't post but here you are MOST WELCOME! Welcome to the forums Christine!!!

Posts 181 - 190 of 200