Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

"Seeking Friendship Only"

Jan 17th 2013 new

I am curious about those who have this as their profile status. Is this really your reason for being on CM, or did you by a 6 month package and have decided this during your tenure here? Or have you renewed your membership solely for the purpose of seeking friendship? Has this status impacted (positively or negatively) the number of messages you receive? If it's helping, let us in on the secret! wink Inquiring minds want to know!

Jan 17th 2013 new

I purchased a six-month membership but several months ago decided it would be best to change my status and use this site for Catholic fellowship only. Doing so removes your profile from all searches so it certainly does not increase your number of views or messages, unless if you post something in the forums that others find disagreeable.

Jan 17th 2013 new

I changed my status once I decided that I was no longer looking on this site, and have decided to keep this status for the remainder of my subscription. This status removes your profile from the matching system and all searches conducted by others.

Interestingly enough, my profile views and received messages from unfamiliar persons have actually increased since I changed my status. In some small but strange way it feels like I've become more attractive now that it is assumed that I'm not longer available. boggled

theheart

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: I changed my status once I decided that I was no longer looking on this site, and have decided ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

I changed my status once I decided that I was no longer looking on this site, and have decided to keep this status for the remainder of my subscription. This status removes your profile from the matching system and all searches conducted by others.

Interestingly enough, my profile views and received messages from unfamiliar persons have actually increased since I changed my status. In some small but strange way it feels like I've become more attractive now that it is assumed that I'm not longer available.

--hide--

I put mine on Friends Only last week and my views have increased also.. But I think they have to open the profile to see that don't they?

I've done it once or twice since I've been here. For me it's just a personal decision that I wanted to stop the matches..

Jan 17th 2013 new
Allow me to join the club. Last year, I put my status on friendship only for a brief period of a few months, and my views also increased temporarily. rolling eyes scratchchin
Jan 17th 2013 new

Yep!! Another one here in the "seeking friendship only" club. wink

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I am curious about those who have this as their profile status. Is this really your reason for ...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I am curious about those who have this as their profile status. Is this really your reason for being on CM, or did you by a 6 month package and have decided this during your tenure here? Or have you renewed your membership solely for the purpose of seeking friendship? Has this status impacted (positively or negatively) the number of messages you receive? If it's helping, let us in on the secret! Inquiring minds want to know!

--hide--

I have a friendship only status - because I am participating in the forums for the first time and figured I should put up a picture to go with my posts on the forum. Usually, I have my profile picture blank because either I wasn't a paying member or I wasn't truly available.

I usually sign up in a weak moment, searched and found someone interesting or someone sent me note and then I'm here for 6 months.

I think now that the forums are seen on the home page - I am more likely to get viewed by those who are also participating in the forums, lurking or posting. I don't know that it necessarily specifies interest, but curiousity about the people we are talking to.

The "Seeking Friendship Only" won't help you get more messages but the forum interactions will.

Now that I have the "Seeking Friendship Only" - I can wish people happy birthday, and send them a note that I like that they are caring for a parent too, etc. And I don't have to worry that they think I'm flirting with them.

I didn't sign up for the Friendship Only status, somewhere there was interaction that caused me to sign up for 6 months.

As long as I am on this time, I have my single brother and a local woman - awaiting a blind date. A new risk. Just call me Matchmaker shhh

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I am curious about those who have this as their profile status. Is this really your reason for ...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I am curious about those who have this as their profile status. Is this really your reason for being on CM, or did you by a 6 month package and have decided this during your tenure here? Or have you renewed your membership solely for the purpose of seeking friendship? Has this status impacted (positively or negatively) the number of messages you receive? If it's helping, let us in on the secret! Inquiring minds want to know!

--hide--

Good question! I've seen that some use this because they're not annulled, while others seek friendship only because they are still open to the clergy. Others may not really want a relationship yet but may want to know that good Catholics exist.

Jan 17th 2013 new
I just put my status back on friendship only, admittedly only to test the hypothesis that there are more views when you are in this status than when you are in normal operating mode, if you will. :)
Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: I just put my status back on friendship only, admittedly only to test the hypothesis that there are more ...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: I just put my status back on friendship only, admittedly only to test the hypothesis that there are more views when you are in this status than when you are in normal operating mode, if you will. :)
--hide--

Did it work? What ever happened with that girl? Curious minds wanna know!

Posts 1 - 10 of 112